View Poll Results: What Dragon aspects would you want with a Dragonsworn class?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Black/tank

14 66.67%
  • Blue/rdps

11 52.38%
  • Bronze/rdps

10 47.62%
  • Red/heals

6 28.57%
  • Green/heals

3 14.29%
  • Green/rdps

9 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dragon flight specs for Dragonsworn class

Firstly, I’m not interested in hearing about how “akshuwaly x y or z class is more likely than dragonsworn” or “WE DONT NEED MORE CLASSES”

Now I’ve been brainstorming a Dragonsworn class and can’t decide on flights to be represented so I decided to Ask y’all.

Spec:

Black/Earthwarder/tank- imbued with gifts from the black dragon flight they have mastery of the earth and flame.
    Earthen Shield: Instead of equipping a shield they craft one from their gifts.(mirrors the stats of the MH weapon.) The shield deals x fire damage on blocked attacks.
    Flame wave: crash a wave of flame in front of the player. Knocks enemies down, inflicts damage and adding a shadowflame dot.
    Whelps!: summon forth a wave of whelps that reduce the players chance to be hit. any hits during this remove a whelp.

Blue/Spellweaver/rdps: (having a hard time with this one varying from a mage.)

Bronze/Watcher/rdps/heals: The Bronze dragons bend time to their will. They can both heal and do harm with it.
    Temporal shield: Lasts 10sec. Turns damage taken during this time into a un-dispellable dot.
    Sands of time: Wraps the target in a cloak of hourglass sand. heals allies, harms enemies.

Red/Lifebinder/heals/rdps - will get back to it after work

Green/Dreamer/heals or rdps- utilizes botanical/natural/poison spells
    Toxic cloud: corrosive cloud damages the enemy and makes them take more damage from the Dreamer
    Dream seeds: heals the target and spreads to others
    Doom Shrooms: the old balance Druid ability but working better
    The Dream: allies phase into the dream being healed and taking less damage
    The Nightmare: shares a cd with “The Dream”. Target is phased into the nightmare taking increased damage.
    Living growth: main nuke. Hurls a living growth at the target causing damage. Has a chance to cause Vengeful growth.
    Vengeful growth: living growth takes root and lashes the enemy.

Races:
    Alliance: Human, Nelf, Gnome, KT
    Horde: Tauren, Troll, Belf, HM Tauren
    -Several races were selected on basis of being the preferred form of different dragons throughout the game. Some share lineage with or ideals with other Dragonsworn in game. I left Orcs out because theyre widely disliked by a few dragon flights. UD, Worgen, and Velf, and Goblins are "corrupt" in some form. Draenei are alien to Azeroth.
    -I suppose in the end for gameplay purposes any race could be Dragonsworn.

Weapons: Staff, 2h axe, Dagger, 1h Mace, Warglaive

Class mount: become a dragon, color corresponds with spec.
    Last edited by wanax; 2019-05-16 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Firstly, I’m not interested in hearing about how “akshuwaly x y or z class is more likely than dragonsworn” or “WE DONT NEED MORE CLASSES”
    Its funny that you think we give a rats ass about what you want. Its a forum, you have no control over what we reply with. So take your terrible idea, load it onto a rocket bound for the sun, and then blow it up when its almost there so just the pieces remain to rain on the sun and be incinerated. Because dragonsworn is a very, very dumb idea. Especially when you can just play Skyrim
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

I think a Dragonsworn class can be cool, but given the state of current class design, the 36 existing specs really need a shot in the vein with something really good.

If we go to Dragon Isles and empower new aspects to fight off N'Zoth's Hour of Twilight as I suspect, I can see our existing characters instead pledging to specific Dragonflights, and based on the theme of that flight in combination with our class, we get a small set of new active abilities, maybe a bunch of cool passive mechanics, and hopefully a bunch of unique cosmetic changes to current abilities.

Imagine instead of class halls, you have your character (of any class), and the reputations are all dragonflights. You get to pledge to 1 first, and go through that, then go do others if you like. But you can only have one active Dragonflight Oath active at a time. Similar to the Zandalari loa of BFA.

Then imagine each flight as a UI like an artifact weapon. It includes passives, some class specific actives, cosmetic changes.

A few examples:

Your a mage. You can choose to pledge to the Blue Dragonflight and get some cool Arcane upgrades and powers, amplify magic, dampen magic type stuff. Or maybe you're more interested in pledging to the Bronze Dragonflight, getting Alter Time back, a Time Warp upgrade that summons a pack of bronze whelps, and a few other time-themed enhancements.

Maybe your a priest. You can become a priest(ess) of the moon by pledging to the Emerald Dragonflight. Or maybe enhance your healing spells with dragonfire with an oath to the Red Dragonflight.

I know you said not to bring up other classes, but because I think Tinker is SO likely, nearly guaranteed, but I still think Dragonflights will be front and center next expansion, I think this is probably the way they'll go with that.

I think time spec should be an fast paced agility spec, probablably melee or hybrid like survival. Moving in and out of combat melee. Red hybrid damage+heals, like disc.

I think the examples you've given for each aspect/role are quite funny, given what we usually see about each aspect.
    For instance people have been talking about a chronomancer healing spec for mages for absolute ages, yet you put the bronze aspect as a ranged dps instead of a healer. I would 100% see bronze dragons as a healing role over a dps one, especially given the fact that they're technically watching / repairing (healing) the timeline.

And I would personally like to see the red dragonflight be tanks over healers, but I'm basing that mostly on the fact that the red dragon in The Oculus was the tank dragon, and it's the only thing I can think of ingame where we use the aspects in that way. (Very possible there are things I'm forgetting about).

Otherwise I agree with the rest, though I could see the black dragonflight be melee dps in addition to tank, just to have it inthere.

As for what flights I would prefer on a playable class, I would probaly put Green / Red / Black.

10+ Year Old Account

Now I’ve been brainstorming a Dragonsworn class and can’t decide on flights to be represented so I decided to Ask y’all.

Black/Earthwarder/tank

Blue/Spellweaver/rdps

Bronze/Watcher/rdps

Red/Lifebinder/heals

Green/Dreamer/heals or rdps
    You can't really match it up like so as you have many variables.

Green, Red and Bronze could be healing as all three has been seen used in restorative connections.
    Green, Red, Bronze, Black and Blue could be Ranged DPS
    Green, Red, Bronze, Black and Blue could be Melee DPS
    Black, Green and Bronze could easyly be tanks as all three have been seen in protective connections.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think a Dragonsworn class can be cool, but given the state of current class design, the 36 existing specs really need a shot in the vein with something really good.

If we go to Dragon Isles and empower new aspects to fight off N'Zoth's Hour of Twilight as I suspect, I can see our existing characters instead pledging to specific Dragonflights, and based on the theme of that flight in combination with our class, we get a small set of new active abilities, maybe a bunch of cool passive mechanics, and hopefully a bunch of unique cosmetic changes to current abilities.
    I wanted a dragon expansion since cata where we pick what dragon aspects to join and help in a time of need and become infused with some of the power to help us. Just skills like racial skills. Pretty much what you said, always sounded cool in my head. Story progression could be different for each aspect but all lead to something like the infinite dragonflight.

Undead dragon gnomes.

You read it first.

I personally think a Dragonsworn should be more like a Shaman and less like a Mage in terms of controlling their powers.

I don't think it makes sense to champion one flight's powers in one spec. The class should have access to all powers the way a Shaman commands all the elements and not just one type. Now, each spec can favour certain colors more than others (ie Green heals, Black for tanking, Blue for DPS) but it shouldn't be segregated the way Mage specs are handled.

This class is like the Avatar from Airbender series. They're gifted powers that few others have, and they use it to fight evil and maintain balance. I think the specs should be divided into roles (Warden, Watcher, Weaver) but not into specific dragonflights.

I would prefer if we could get a chromatic / twillight specc. Which than use not only one type of aspect power but mix them.

Like a healer could play red and green to have extrem strong healing

A healer also could go red / Blue to have also some damage

And one specc is twillight which makes all spells stronger and leach from the enemy, but also have extrem draw backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Its funny that you think we give a rats ass about what you want. Its a forum, you have no control over what we reply with. So take your terrible idea, load it onto a rocket bound for the sun, and then blow it up when its almost there so just the pieces remain to rain on the sun and be incinerated. Because dragonsworn is a very, very dumb idea. Especially when you can just play Skyrim
    That’s nice. I’m sorry you feel so strongly about it that it makes you angry or hostile. You know, overly angry people generally have some shortcomings they’re trying to deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I personally think a Dragonsworn should be more like a Shaman and less like a Mage in terms of controlling their powers.

I don't think it makes sense to champion one flight's powers in one spec. The class should have access to all powers the way a Shaman commands all the elements and not just one type. Now, each spec can favour certain colors more than others (ie Green heals, Black for tanking, Blue for DPS) but it shouldn't be segregated the way Mage specs are handled.

This class is like the Avatar from Airbender series. They're gifted powers that few others have, and they use it to fight evil and maintain balance. I think the specs should be divided into roles (Warden, Watcher, Weaver) but not into specific dragonflights.
    Something like @ArenaDk said with a chromatic flight. Maybe several of the chromatics have decided to become “good” and imbued their own champions with powers from all flights. Interesting

Black/Earthwarder/tank

Blue/Spellweaver/rdps

Bronze/Watcher/rdps

Red/Lifebinder/heals

Green/Dreamer/heals or rdps
    “WE DONT NEED MORE CLASSES”

Stop bogging the forums down with pointless shit, not to mention you are basically doing napkin concepts which nobody will take seriously. Maybe if your post had and substance beyond "Heyyy youuuu guysssssss! This would be so cool!"

The problem with chromatic is , they are all sick , deformed or only half alive. Only Chromatus was a healthy version. The aspects have him locked away , since his body can’t be destroyed. He is the strongest dragon after Deathwing , if a champion of the aspects would harvest his power it could work .

This is an idea that's been kicked around before. Personally I think it'd be a neat idea, with mortals being empowered by the flights to carry out their missions with the empowering of the aspects and their lessening influence.

I think a blue mage spell warden tank could be a fun spec. Or a time based 'undo wounds' type healer. A green aspect healer I think would be too hard to tell apart from resto druid.

Something like @ArenaDk said with a chromatic flight. Maybe several of the chromatics have decided to become “good” and imbued their own champions with powers from all flights. Interesting
    Well it doesn't have to be chromatic.

Consider that an artifact like the Dragon/Demon Soul contained the power of all Dragonflights. Then we have the Dragon-imbued Heart of Azeroth in 8.2. We also have Dragon souls empowering powerful artifacts like Eranikus in a Gem Trinket or Tarecgosa's staff.

Transferal of Dragon power is possible through powerful artifacts or even through mortal vessels, and I think that could be the core concept of this class. It would be similar to how a DK channels their power through the Runeblades, the Dragonsworn could have some type of lore-centric artifact which they channel their powers from. Basically a Dragon Infinity Gauntlet :P
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-16 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    “WE DONT NEED MORE CLASSES”

Stop bogging the forums down with pointless shit, not to mention you are basically doing napkin concepts which nobody will take seriously. Maybe if your post had and substance beyond "Heyyy youuuu guysssssss! This would be so cool!"

"Bogging down the forums" keeping them from what exactly? 22 threads on the Safe Haven cinematic? 15 on how BFA is the worst xpac ever/ its MoP 2.0?

Just so you know im trying to get a read of what people are interested in before i go through making a long detailed post.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it doesn't have to be chromatic.

Consider that an artifact like the Dragon/Demon Soul contained the power of all Dragonflights. Then we have the Dragon-imbued Heart of Azeroth in 8.2. We also have Dragon souls empowering powerful artifacts like Eranikus in a Gem Trinket or Tarecgosa's staff.

Transferal of Dragon power is possible through powerful artifacts or even through mortal vessels, and I think that could be the core concept of this class. It would be similar to how a DK channels their power through the Runeblades, the Dragonsworn could have some type of lore-centric artifact which they channel their powers from. Basically a Dragon Infinity Gauntlet :P
    I feel like that would work better as an artifact or neck type device added to current characters. With the amount of dislike ap grinds get i was trying to avoid that and go more for the class. Dragonsworn are mortals gifted by the dragon aspects(lorewise anyway)

I don’t think Dragonsworn should be a class, but rather the successor to artifact weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I don’t think Dragonsworn should be a class, but rather the successor to artifact weapons.
    I think that could be a neat replacement system.

I'm not sure how dynamic it could be though if it were given any choice or customizability behind it. Each spec having multiple paths/options could be messy. Maybe PoE style, where you just have a big tree that you can't max out?

I think that could be a neat replacement system.

I'm not sure how dynamic it could be though if it were given any choice or customizability behind it. Each spec having multiple paths/options could be messy. Maybe PoE style, where you just have a big tree that you can't max out?
    I mean, if it were, for example The Dragonsoul as an artifact, one big tree would work. Anything is better than azerite gear

I mean, if it were, for example The Dragonsoul as an artifact, one big tree would work. Anything is better than azerite gear
    That's true. I think one big tree would definitely work, kinda like a glorified artifact.

Though thinking about it, there's something about it I'm not totally sold on. While I like the idea of customizing an artifact and unlocking unique paths or abilities that others might not take, at the same time I feel like everyone having access to Dragon powers makes it less unique as well. It's certainly a theme I'd prefer exploring through a class rather than as an artifact.

Don't get me wrong, I love the artifact idea and exploring it, but I wouldn't want it to be the only Dragon-related material we get in the game. Sorta like having both Engineering and potentially a Tinker class, it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.