What if we are getting multiclass system?

After watching the new cinematic it dawned on me that Thrall is basically an arms Warrior now, what if this is a subtle hint that we may get multiclassing? It would be restricted to representing one class at a time but damn my main would have a lot more fun having 2 classes to swap between. Of course there is the issue of gearing and race restricted classes but I think if done right it could be cool and a huge boon to modern WoW considering almost every other MMO does this now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    After watching the new cinematic it dawned on me that Thrall is basically an arms Warrior now, what if this is a subtle hint that we may get multiclassing? It would be restricted to representing one class at a time but damn my main would have a lot more fun having 2 classes to swap between. Of course there is the issue of gearing and race restricted classes but I think if done right it could be cool and a huge boon to modern WoW considering almost every other MMO does this now.
    Thought Thrall had just gone Enhancement shaman..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Notable characters were always multiclass, multispec, with "Warrior" being an option for almost anyone.

Multiclass after the class focus of Legion would be quite jarring, and the general player consensus seems to in favor of more class identity, not further blurring.

We'd rather get a fourth spec, but even that's quite unlikely.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Notable characters were always multiclass, multispec, with "Warrior" being an option for almost anyone.

Multiclass after the class focus of Legion would be quite jarring, and the general player consensus seems to in favor of more class identity, not further blurring.

We'd rather get a fourth spec, but even that's quite unlikely.
    I still think it could be great for the game and reduce the requirement for alts. I would much rather have 2 classes with one character. Plus there is 0 extra balancing required.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's the same as Anduin, who's supposedly a priest but he's clad in full plate armour, or Sylvanas, aka a (MM) hunter with a bunch of shadow priest-like skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nah, it's the same as Anduin, who's supposedly a priest but he's clad in full plate armour, or Sylvanas, aka a (MM) hunter with a bunch of shadow priest-like skills.
    and some necromancy (raising skeletons)

O.T: As people pointed out, that's how major character work, they can be multiple classes, also... Thrall have always been a Warrior / Shaman, as in his story, he was first trained as a Warrior (gladiator to be more specific) and then picked up his shamanistic heritage.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Unfortunately, as people said above, it's more that lore characters can break the boundaries that we as players cannot. Would it be cool to have? Definitely. However, I doubt we'll even see a "Change your class" service at any point.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a dream come true, but I will never get my hopes up for hybrid classes.

The dream is a mix of Hunter and Rogue. Stealth, Vanish, Combo Points/Energy system, but with Bows/Shots and Ranged attacks. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It would be a dream come true, but I will never get my hopes up for hybrid classes.

The dream is a mix of Hunter and Rogue. Stealth, Vanish, Combo Points/Energy system, but with Bows/Shots and Ranged attacks. <3
    I am thinking it would only allow you have have one class active at a time.

You got a lively fantasy

He is also a farmer in the cinematic.

OMFG PEOPLE!! WHAT IF BLIZZ IS HINTING AT FARMER CLASS????

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think it could be great for the game and reduce the requirement for alts. I would much rather have 2 classes with one character. Plus there is 0 extra balancing required.
    Oh, that is also kinda dreamy to be honest. I would love if I could turn my Rogue, that I had since vanilla, into a ranged class. Wanted to reroll Ranged for years but I feel I can't since my Rogue has so much done on it, with alot of unobtainable stuff I simply can't refarm.

If I could unlock a change that allowed the same character to be ranged, that would be super!

But if the system was just for new characters, then meh.