Poll: Would you join Sylvanas' 3rd Faction

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    It all depends of which races would join her ... Lets guess: from Horde Undead and Blood Elves could join her, maybe Goblins too and that's it. Taurens, Orcs, Trolls, Pandarens would stay with Horde for sure.
    From Alliance i can't think of any race who would leave Alliance just to join a third faction. Maybe Worgens lol. So with no Alliance on her side there will be a huge faction imbalance. The imbalance might be solved with some of the new allied races added to her faction, like Void Elves, Dark Iron dwarfs ...

Edit: Also you should add an option #5 in your poll: "Not decided yet."
    Not sure why people always desperately push the blood elves into "her faction".

The blood elves care about the best faction for them to continue their survival. A faction that is built on the premise that everyone needs to die and become the bitch queen's obedient rotten slaves is not exactly in that spirit. Also Lorthemar has only treated her favorabily because of her sacrifices back during the scourge days, in truth both of them have been visibly at odds since SoO and with the recent Baine affair he has already stated to the player that little of the noble spirit that sacrificed herself for her people remains.

Something similar is true for the goblins. Gallywix wants profits, there is no profits with the forsaken. There is profit with the living, with the horde, that means the tauren, trolls and orcs, maybe the belfs.

The only race that actually has precedent for mindless slaughter would be orcs and maybe some of the troll tribes and the grimtotem. Certainly not the darkspear though. And even the orcs are not really on board with her usual enslaving the dead. That is more along the lines of the shadow council which the horde orcs are not to fond of.

Also worgen joining her? Lol, they were by far the most opposed to her before she slaughtered half of the nelf race, now they are eclipsed only by them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If it would happen, it would be an option available to ALL Horde races (and there would be a similar split on the Alliance side).
    Highly unlikely in the first place, but they could also shift the factions. Allow all horde races to join her, allow all alliance races to join the new Thrall/Saurfang Horde faction and keep the alliance itself pure to them. That way you would essentially create a new neutral faction and have a spectrum from evil over neutral to good.

The issue with the idea of extremist factions on both sides is that, at least with Sylvanas, it no longer makes sense. The premise would be more along the lines of racial extremism, that could work by having Tyrande and Gen lead the "fuck the horde" faction, but Sylvanas is already beyond just extremism of "fuck the alliance". Her goal has already been shown to beyond just that scope and Horde doesn't currently have any decently built characters that could lead such a faction. The closest would be maybe Talanji but that is.. eh still to early for her imho. The horde has fucked the alliance on so many occasions, not sure who among them would even have enough of a grudge to spear head the extremist faction without having a character drink the coolaid first. Is Romanoth still around? Maybe if we dig up all the characters that Jaina has wronged we have enough to outweigh one actually popular one.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-05-19 at 10:52 AM.

My undead warlock would

Here is the thing.
    Imagine Sylvanas is removed from the Horde at the end of the expansion (not likely she dies, maybe she goes solo). Then e.g. Baine moves for peace with the Alliance. I would say that even with Sylvanas gone, there would be a substantial number of Horde characters who would NOT want peace. The same is true with the Alliance. Some would want to continue the war. Both sides having a War Mode version of their faction while the main factions go for peace is perfectly valid. New factions would not be required and you would just have the option to turn War Mode on or not turn it on and be able to group cross faction.
    I know what you are talking about and I agree with that from a pure conceptual point of view as a possible scenario going forward. Just under the premise of this thread I disagree that Sylvans is a candiate for this position and the horde also lacks notable characters with an actual grudge that want to continue a senseless war. The alliance has at least 2, maybe even 3 if we include Jaina, but the Horde has at best only Talanji. While it's obviously not a hard requirement, the setup on the Horde side would be incrdibly weak compared to what the alliance has for such a scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Also worgen joining her? Lol, they were by far the most opposed to her before she slaughtered half of the nelf race, now they are eclipsed only by them.
    And they aren't to happy about that one, either.

Also how would Blizzard solve an issue with a third faction joining PvP? Are they gonna completely redesign all Battle grounds? Lets say you join a Warsong Gulch as Alliance and your opponent will be? Horde or the third faction or both of them? So Blizzard needs to add another base for the third faction and that will cause a complete mess. Imagine this scenario: "Alliance has just managed to wipe an entire Horde team for the price of 8 dead Alliance players. So only an alliance flag carrier + one healer are still standing and keep running forward to their base while suddenly 4 players from the third faction catch them and kill both Alliance players. They pick up the flag and a few seconds latter they are all killed by 6 Horde players etc. Don't let me start about AV ..."
    Last edited by Animron; 2019-05-19 at 12:45 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would roll an alt just for joining the Sylvanas faction to see the quests, story bits, etc. Which is kind of the same thing I do to experience the Horde stuff as an Alliance main. But I wouldn't join her faction on any of my "serious" characters.

I don't see the point of a Sylvanas faction cause she is a villain. I still got my money on raiding her ass at the end of this expac. No way that doesn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would rather there be no factions than 3 factions

but if i had to choose, a 3rd faction is the most likely way we see the horde / alliance disbanded or defeated so sure i'd support her

edit: to clarify my vote is "would leave alliance to join sylvanas"
    Last edited by Ferg; 2019-05-19 at 07:47 PM.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I am very surprised how consistent the poll has maintained despite tripling the vote count. I half expected it to be dominated in one side and maybe even out after a while, not just stay on the level for this long

Umm, we don't even have enough players for 2 factions. Merge them all for PVE purposes.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

No but I might roll a character in her faction.

If it would happen, it would be an option available to ALL Horde races (and there would be a similar split on the Alliance side).
    Who would want to join a Sylvanas-Scourge as an alliance player?

Very unlikely.

I do wish you'd have chosen to let us see who voted what; last time we had a poll we had a dozen burner accounts voting for their waifu to bump the count.
    TBH it doesn't matter, since this place is ultimately an echochamber. Even if everyone voted legitimately, the population here I would figure is more pro-Sylvanas than perhaps the audience as a whole.

I kind of wish we could see some of these stats and how many people sided with Sylvanas vs siding with Saurfang/Zappyboi.

No, stay with alliance and horde. I don't like playing the villain, nor find it suitable for the way wow is setup.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something fun that could happen with a 3rd Forsaken Faction is that... we had the vanilla Horde Races/Alliance races... and in the 3rd Forsaken faction everyrace of that factoin could just be Undead of the 2 other factions... that way blizzard does not have to reinvent 6 or 8 new reaces jsut for a frosaken faction... and in Lore it would fit the story 100%
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!