Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I believe(?) Blizzard was already trying to exercise their 'two hour' philosophy in Vanilla; the philosophy that you should be able to play for around 2 hours a night and still make meaningful progress on your character. Reflecting back on Private Servers and my Vanilla experience, that sounds about right. You'll make very slow progress and hitting level cap will take awhile or so, but you can still do it. I mean, assuming you don't want to do something like push honor levels or something, lol.

But if you want to PvE, an hour or two mostly every night or so should be sufficient to be a competing player, albeit one who gets their reps done a bit slower and may be benched sometimes in favor of more hardcore nolifers who have loaded up on lots of necessary gear.
    A lvl 60 Dungeon in 1-2 hrs? I doubt that works out often.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think your advice is good - and it is true that, in reality, most people took a long time to level in Vanilla. But Classic's community will be different, and a lot more people will rush to endgame, and probably burn out horribly. There are also going to be some utterly spectacular rage and drama festivals about leveling, especially with mobs that spawn slowly. Did 1.12.1 even have that thing where killing mobs in an area made them spawn faster? I know that came in early in WoW, it may even have been from beta (I have a feeling it was, but I'm not certain).
    About the respawning, it is both quicker and slower. For example I was killing some furbolgs and had cleared the entire area. It took ages for them to come back. However, when they did come back, THEY ALL CAME BACK. It wasn't one spawning at a time, all of them just popped up and surrounded me

25 hours a day, minimum if you want that High Warlord title.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    How many hours a day do you have to play? I'm a college student, and I don't get much free time each day. Can you give me an estimate of how much I'd have to play to actually enjoy it?
    There is no objective answer to this question. It all depends on what your goals are. If you want to be "World's First" 60 the answer is very different than if you just want to play around with friends on the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    A lvl 60 Dungeon in 1-2 hrs? I doubt that works out often.
    Uh, yeah? It usually does lol. And "do something meaningful" doesn't exactly translate into "finish a complete run of a long endgame dungeon". You have to remember, dungeons like Dire Maul or the Black Rock Spires weren't even intended to be finished in one sitting of gameplay, let alone just a couple of hours. For the most part, a standard dungeon run with run of the mill pubs would take around 2-3 hours if you weren't going very quickly, and that's not even end game dungeons; that's generally any longer dungeon even through the leveling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    You must have a real major, actually have to pay for your own college, or you play sports. Otherwise... never seen a college student without time to play video games.
    "I'm in school like 3 hours a day! There's just no time!"

I've talked to college kids who have no understanding of how the the real world works, and think they're working really hard when they have classes for a few hours a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Uh, yeah? It usually does lol. And "do something meaningful" doesn't exactly translate into "finish a complete run of a long endgame dungeon". You have to remember, dungeons like Dire Maul or the Black Rock Spires weren't even intended to be finished in one sitting of gameplay, let alone just a couple of hours. For the most part, a standard dungeon run with run of the mill pubs would take around 2-3 hours if you weren't going very quickly, and that's not even end game dungeons; that's generally any longer dungeon even through the leveling process.
    As a mage I remember that the forming of a party could take one hour+ the travel time of the last joining member. Even WC on a ******* server takes longer than that.

Leveling and basic dungeons can be played a few hours any day of the week at best. That's 90% of people's gameplay, so if that's what you're interested in - it's totally fine. But if you care more about end-game dungeons and raids... Ehhh. You'd have to find a guild and a schedule that fits yours, otherwise good luck getting anything done in that regard. If you care for PVP, at all, it's also fine - you don't need much time invested to do that either.
    "Your name was stolen? I see... Well, I guess that happens from time to time..."

This looks like a bait thread.

Anyways, efficiency != enjoyment.

You can enjoy it with any amount of time really, it's a fun game whether you have an hour or 10 to sit down and play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    As a mage I remember that the forming of a party could take one hour+ the travel time of the last joining member. Even WC on a ******* server takes longer than that.
    Cool, so do I. I remember it taking hours to form a group even in WotLK. But that's not exactly a factor into time played. We're assuming you form a group in a reasonable amount of time (probably from guildees or just ASSUME you're on a rather active server). Blizzard didn't make their two hour rule while factoring in a variable like "how long a group may actually take to form".

You can play fucking 10 minutes a day and enjoy it...