Poll: Are you playing a "difficult" spec?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    The idea of playing a spec is a lie.

There's no feral druids, there's druids. And druids are primarily a healing class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    If you're having a Warrior wield Nightfall it will be a 2H Fury Warrior. But those other classes won't be raiding with Nightfall. Just have a Hunter spam wingclip on the Boss if you want to do Nightfall strats so much.
    If it's a warrior, surely it will be an offtank who isn't needed for that particular fight in most cases. Let the fury do proper damage and the offtanks can worry about keeping up debuffs Assuming you bring 3 "MS" tanks to every raid...

Seems even more cruel than gimping a fury to make a hunter spam wingclip, poor things ;D

Just my 2c
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeta View Post
    Balance and feral weren't bad in 1.12 The problem was a perfectly played dps druid was slightly behind a perfectly played mage/rogue so most guilds already had druids shoehorned into healing even though it really only made a big difference for top-tier guilds. We routinely had a balance druid in the top 3 DPS for our raid.
    I dunno for balance, but feral for sure does competitive dps, yes. I fucking hate it how people assume that ferals do no dmg, while in a perfect scenario they just do a little less dps than warriors and mages. Like ferals can easily do over 1k dps with optimal gear

Quote Originally Posted by Oozlz View Post
    Source Please? This seems false.
    It was in one of the most recent either interviews or blue posts, it was about a month ago.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

You can't.

It's not like all these years later finally we've learned how to play. The specs of that era were, in some cases, just limited.

Half the specs on your list are "viable" just only in certain situations or with certain gear.

I'm gonna go Elem Sham

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Or maybe Blizzard will tune everything a little differently, and all the DPS specs will be viable.
    No they won't because A. They said they are treating this as a museum piece and not rebalancing anything. and B. Hybrids would be broken for PVP.
    Hi Sephurik

Nope, prolly only playing one toon to max and it'll be a holy priest like the first time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Please stop trying to make paladin trying to make him able to tank: paladin's can't do it. No taunt = no tank.

People saying Retri pala and prot pala, it was 15 years ago so i cant say for sure how modern players will handle it, but the main thing for retri palas was that they went oom before the boss was even at 50%, and prot pala, srly i have no idea how they even worked at vanilla . but the main thing there is...no raid gear, if players make the spec work so will they still meet the gear wall, some gear exists in the end game dungeons, i remember scholomance dropping plate with mana regen + defense rating or what it was called.

Raiding, no tank tier set was created for prot pala, why would a guild take a prot pala vs warriors with full might/wrath. Well if you have no plans for raiding, maybe you can make it work, but be prepared that 98% of the groups will only accepts warrior tanks in the end game dungeons, no people will take the chance with an inferior tank when they going with 15 people in UBRS . Well it was ages ago, who knows what people will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Please stop trying to make paladin trying to make him able to tank: paladin's can't do it. No taunt = no tank.
    You do fuckin know that most raid bosses are immune to taunt in vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If it's a warrior, surely it will be an offtank who isn't needed for that particular fight in most cases. Let the fury do proper damage and the offtanks can worry about keeping up debuffs Assuming you bring 3 "MS" tanks to every raid...

Seems even more cruel than gimping a fury to make a hunter spam wingclip, poor things ;D

Just my 2c
    Yeah you're right. Offtank is actually a better pick.
    Wingclip Nightfall spam is later on when Hunter damage starts to drop off.
    Yohohoho

I've seen a lot of talk about people wanting REALLY bad to make enhance viable "this time around". What I don't get is why it would be any less bad 15 years later. What's to figure out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oomkin for days.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pointless, these spec are bad.

And if they become viable, then classic has failed, cause they are "suppose" to be bad (because they were bad before).

Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    It was in one of the most recent either interviews or blue posts, it was about a month ago.
    That is not a source, no one I have talked to has heard of this, I am in a large guild devoted to and ready for classic wow. We would know as this is a MAJOR change.

Quote Originally Posted by Oozlz View Post
    That is not a source, no one I have talked to has heard of this, I am in a large guild devoted to and ready for classic wow. We would know as this is a MAJOR change.
    I mean congrats dude, but what would i gain from lying? Internet cred? I wouldnt bother posting if i hadnt heard it mentioned. Shit posting is not what i do, i'll look around for it.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Retribution Paladin
    Completely viable in dungeons - damage was fine and it made a great off-tank and backup healer for various mechanics. For raids, you need to remember that classic was partly about filling all the buff slots with as many good debuffs as you could fit on a boss (there was a limit). For a while, Ret filled a buff spot with Blessing of Kings (used to be Ret 31pt), so there was reason to bring at least one - but it looks like that was changed by the end of classic. If you had a Ret, they had an easy time of maintaining Judgment of Wisdom and still brought one of the 4 long-term blessings. Ret also had cleanse with magic removal, so it could help on quite a few fights where you needed to remove a wave of debuffs ASAP. A good ret paladin knew how to manage mana usage in fights, so it's not that big of a deal (and you had potions if needed). However, there are some fights where Ret is completely not viable - particularly ones which punished mana users who were in melee range. However, a 21/0/30 Ret was still a decent off-healer and with a gear swap could nearly match holy paladins in healing if it was a fight where Ret wasn't viable.

Prot Paladin
    Makes a great tank up until end-game dungeons and raids. Although they don't have a taunt, consecration generates a ton of AoE aggro and prot paladins could manage single target aggro well enough. Warrior tanks often had trouble with AoE aggro, so prot paladins were welcomed in leveling dungeons. What makes prot paladin not viable is that it simply didn't have the raw damage reduction or avoidance potential which warrior tanks could achieve. Part of this was due to the lack of raid tank gear without "classes: warrior" on it, but the other part was talents of warriors just working better for end-game content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Why would you ever play a spec when classic lets you triple dip?
    Exactly. Feral/Resto for max small group flexibility and utility (zero plans to raid), only question is whether or not to go for Natural Shapeshifter and Omen of Clarity, or stay out of Balance completely.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    I would make the enhancement shaman . Because I really like the play style .
    Praying for a windfury proc? lol

Enhance shaman is fun when you can kill noobs. The thing is... There are no more noobs. Everyone is used to the game and have played plenty of other games like this. I was a shaman in classic. I could own the shit out of all those keyboard turning idiots, but when anyone with a brain showed up it was infinitely harder. You'll have a much harder time playing enhance shaman than almost every other class.

Good luck though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.