Poll: Are you playing a "difficult" spec?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm definitely gonna give the feral druid a fair chance to see what it's all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    What about all the other useless specs? Enhancement, Elemental, disciplin, beastmaster, arms, arcane, sub.
    Considering Vanilla was about more than raids, all of those you've mentioned have uses or are even great in PvP.
    Except maybe Discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    No.
    I can forgive, and felt empathy, for Hybrid players in the past. When they were bright eyed new players who signed up to be the shining crusader, or the shapeshifting badass druid.
    They had an excuse to try and prove to everyone that Feral/Enhance/etc could be viable with consumable X and gearpiece Y. They didn't pick their classes to be healbots. But endgame forced you to.

But if you go and try to make these specs "work" 15 years after the fact, then you're in for a bad time. The game is pretty much solved. You're only setting yourself up for dissapointment in the end.
    Except we have the power of math and knowledge now, so being stuck in the rut that those specs don't work is more ignorant than saying they don't. Like we know from Thoerycrafting that a feral druid can a viable OT or DPS if you have a very specific set of gear, out performing hunters while still bringing utility.

Quote Originally Posted by irvaa View Post
    Except we have the power of math and knowledge now, so being stuck in the rut that those specs don't work is more ignorant than saying they don't. Like we know from Thoerycrafting that a feral druid can a viable OT or DPS if you have a very specific set of gear, out performing hunters while still bringing utility.
    They can, but I wont trust a random to be able to do that. Sure I'll invite a friend to a farm raid or dungeon if I know that they know their shit and can form shift and OT if needed, but if I get some random telling me they can DPS as a druid I'd rather wait for someone else to respond to me asking for DPS.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post

And never forget, only bots make their pet go red

Then you can call me king of bots, my pet gonna be red all day long.

I think all specs are playable in World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll play shadow. I don't care whether it's considered "viable" or not. It was fun to play in B.C. and I'm looking forward to it in Classic. Ton of drinking and wanding probably.

Good thing I'm not in a hurry.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'll play shadow. I don't care whether it's considered "viable" or not.
    Shadow is amazing. Anyone who says differently has obviously never done any PvP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yo why spriest on this list? What’s wrong with them?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmasher View Post
    Shadow is amazing. Anyone who says differently has obviously never done any PvP.
    My suspicion is that the thread is biased toward PVE. But yes, you're absolutely right.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Yo why spriest on this list? What’s wrong with them?
    debuff slots

10+ Year Old Account
    In 2006 my first character was Roctor who was a Human Warlock. I made it to redridge mountains. I distinctly remember buying a white item scimitar and smacking murlocs before I gave up cause it was too hard. Roctor will be avenged.

Another pointless MMO-C poll.

Do you mean "difficult" or "bad", OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    The game wasn't "solved" back in 2006, players didn't theorycraft nearly as much as what has been done since then. People just went for the path of least resistance which made sense. If you seriously think that everything was figured out within the limited time that was had then you're in for a big surprise.

For one, do you know that having moonkin is good? Not because they do great damage necessarily but because they give 3% spell crit chance to all party members within 30 yd, and that is difficult to ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

Posting this for posterity—true Vanilla ret paladin DPS and he isn't even using the optimal rotation (Consecration + HoJ).

->->->->VIDEO OF AWESOME PALADIN<-<-<-<
    Don't show people this, it'll crush their reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran a tri-spec pally in Vanilla. You damn right I'm gonna do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I ran a tri-spec pally in Vanilla. You damn right I'm gonna do it again.
    Tri-spec was killed off after the Pally class review. The current talents are 1.12.

The game has been mathed to shit and back over the past 12 years there is no way you can make something more viable than people already know about.

This mathed out classic is going to make the feel of classic lesson as there is less discovery for all

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I've always played paladin, but since paladins can't be horde I guess I'll play undead warlock or rogue. Although if I choose warlock I would have to farm soul shards... that alone almost makes me not want to choose the class.
    Soulshard farming is mostly a myth. You do that once in a blue moon if you're a raider. If you only do PvP then you'll be farming much more often because you'll rarely get any shards from doing PvP while if you're smart you'll be getting nearly as much shards while raiding as you spent summoning people or conjuring health stones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBull300 View Post
    The game has been mathed to shit and back over the past 12 years there is no way you can make something more viable than people already know about.

This mathed out classic is going to make the feel of classic lesson as there is less discovery for all
    You underestimate people's stupidity. They'll just tell you private servers don't count and they'll still make their balance druid make bazillions of DPS because they're that smart. Smart enough to change the game's math with their imaginations.

Spriests are not difficult.

Legion Spriest was harder by a long shot.

I think that if you're not playing a spec that was crap 15 years ago you're playing Classic wrong. Why would you play a cookie cutter spec (again)? Try to make something else work. You know people are just going to crush the content with optimal specs.

But unfortunately that's not how things work, most people will just copy a spec somewhere and never experiment.