Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    depends on who is doing the video and what they are unboxing. I sometimes watch those videos to decide if i want to try out a subscription box, or not bother, whether I want to buy a collector's edition of a game, or not bother with it - its basically a way for me to gauge if i want to spend money on something, or give it a pass. that said its not something I watch all the time and whatever that vid above is, its definitely not what the vids i watch look like, heck, the only time I even see the person's face is when they introduce themselves and the box at the beginning and if its pertinent to whatever they are demoing out of the box so...

edited to add, there is NOTHING wrong with taking an opinion of someone whose preferences are close to yours into account. but its not just about opinions, its also about seeing contents up close and personal. a lot of times, online listings do not give you enough information.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-05-17 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Because of stuff like this probably:
    haha wth. probably tho xd

One of the biggest channels on YouTube has this little kid who unboxes toys.

I'm sure there are a lot of adults who help out behind the scenes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I like boring stuff more than so called exciting stuff. Depends on the unboxing just like ASMR. I’m more bothered by why anyone seriously gives a fuck what others like. Seriously be a bit less fucking involved with others personal hobbies or interest maybe.

Oh and by the way views alone =/= $$$$ money anymore it’s why so many cried about being demonized. On YouTube

Yes someone unboxing stupid shit is equal to that loser Pewdiepie.
    Watching unboxing and ASMR videos aren't a hobby.

It's mindlessly clicking and viewing for how many minutes straight for extra dopamine like the overstimulated shit you are.

PewDiePie at least brings jokes and relevant news to his content. Though, I guess hating on whatever's popular is a trend so w/e lmao

Unlike unboxings and ASMR though. Hobbies deserve to be criticised because many just reduce you to being a mindless drone so people can make easy money off of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Watching unboxing and ASMR videos aren't a hobby.

It's mindlessly clicking and viewing for how many minutes straight for extra dopamine like the overstimulated shit you are.

PewDiePie at least brings jokes and relevant news to his content. Though, I guess hating on whatever's popular is a trend so w/e lmao

Unlike unboxings and ASMR though. Hobbies deserve to be criticised because many just reduce you to being a mindless drone so people can make easy money off of you.
    No Pewdiepie is a racist idiotic moron who seeks attention doing stupid shit for clicks. At least ASMR actually qualifies as an interest. Which is why attention whores like pewdiepie gravitate towards other communities like ASMR for more click views.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

5+ Year Old Account
    I suppose a lot of it can be attributed to the obsession with oversharing that many indulge in. From what I've seen, most unboxing videos consist of blatant overreactions such as grown men screaming. It's all very weird to me but each to their own, I suppose.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Because of stuff like this probably:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axE-AUIrtLs
    Note how many time she has to adjust herself. I think her boobs are too big for that outfit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    What is the appeal of watching some untalented dumbass take items out of a box and then say "oooooh aaaaaah thats soooooo cool omg"? I get why people make them, because it allows people with absolutely no talent to rake in cash from youtube if they get lucky. But who the hell watches these things? Even the lowest of the low forms of reality television shows have more entertaining shit going on than this.

Entertainment value wise, i'd rank unboxing videos a good bit below reality TV shows and very, very slightly above watching paint dry.
    I remember sodapoppin doing that every friday on twitch i dont think he does it no more.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    What is the appeal of watching some untalented dumbass take items out of a box and then say "oooooh aaaaaah thats soooooo cool omg"? I get why people make them, because it allows people with absolutely no talent to rake in cash from youtube if they get lucky. But who the hell watches these things? Even the lowest of the low forms of reality television shows have more entertaining shit going on than this.

Entertainment value wise, i'd rank unboxing videos a good bit below reality TV shows and very, very slightly above watching paint dry.
    For once I agree with you, I have no fucking clue.

No Pewdiepie is a racist idiotic moron who seeks attention doing stupid shit for clicks. At least ASMR actually qualifies as an interest. Which is why attention whores like pewdiepie gravitate towards other communities like ASMR for more click views.
    Looks like someone gets their news from tabloids LMAO

C'mon. Seriously. You're smarter than that. Do yourself some justice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    They're for kids. If you're that bothered by it, start a re-boxing channel in protest.

And you're welcome for that free million dollar idea.
    ...I might actually watch that.

"Man fuck this fucking blender **carefully wraps cord** and this whole piece of shit company **places top part back in plastic bag** and the whole fucking idea of blending shit!" **gingerly places back in cardboard cutout**

...I'm concerned about what that says about me, tbh.

I kind of like it, then you dont have to buy it you know already even if they lie about its being so nice, your not a fool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Looks like someone gets their news from tabloids LMAO

C'mon. Seriously. You're smarter than that. Do yourself some justice.
    A White Supremacist shot up a place of worship and promoted Pewdiepie. Yeah unboxing video are far superior in content.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If it's a product I'm interested in purchasing, I would watch so I know what to expect.

A White Supremacist shot up a place of worship and promoted Pewdiepie. Yeah unboxing video are far superior in content.
    For your reaction, lol. You're giving him the reaction he wants.

If someone were to go shoot up a mall and yell "I LOVE DOCTOR AMADEUS FROM MMO-C", does that make you a nazi?

Seriously. I don't know you, but I know for a fact you're better and smarter than that. Please, learn to stop thinking and saying what online media tells you to say and think.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're for kids. If you're that bothered by it, start a re-boxing channel in protest.

Loooool this the best
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I have seen them be that popular, they were huge back in 2015. But I don;t see as many these days.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account

So....I can have this idea? You won't sue me will you?

I watch some of them b/c I'm tired of the marketing ploys to make devices seem more quality than they really are.

3+ Year Old Account
    Just because it can share the joy of obtaining a new equipment. Good thing.