Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    No it doesn't, it merely shows curiosity for something that's new and talked about a lot.
    New you say?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Want confirmation? Look at Apex during February and look at it a month later.
    Do a small research. Most of the streamers were paid for palying it live.
    If i am not wrong Ninja got 1mil $ for single night of streaming...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    The value of classic will be determined based on how many people are actually still playing it after a month.
    I would say 3-4 months. 30 days is probably too small amount of time to determine it.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Literally asmongold reached 100k viewers for the first time in his career. Once he beat DM there was a subtrain that was going for like 20 minutes.

    That shows the value of classic for people. I think this game might just have been revived at last.

    What I'd want blizzard to do now is to actually advertise classic a bit more so we can have young people joining this game.
    itll be even more during release when the other big streamers can all stream, timthattatman, shroud, summit, probably ninja too etc.. EVERYONE is gonna play it

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    The only statistic that counts is how many people are still playing six months after release.
    you mean 2 weeks yes ?

    becuase thats when it will crash and burn once people realise that leveling speed on leel 30 is completly different creature then levels 1-10

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    This the same Classic that had empty servers by the second day of Blizzcon? You know, that big first hands on event that allowed people to stream the demo. I mean, call me crazy, but I'm going to wait a couple of months after launch to see how things are going for Classic.
    yup . because leveling on 16 is different then leveling in initial zone :0

    dont worry people will learn by doing it

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't wanna slam Blizzard cause they finally released these servers, but I can't believe it took them 13 years to re-introduce classic. People begged for it litterally at the launch of TBC. Come on, they are so out of touch with players :/ I bet they don't even have employees skulking fansites like this, which they absolutely should.

    Also, Asmongold is a pretty cool person, I'm really happy for him
    They have people being paid to do exactly that all day.

  5. #65
    Shows the power of hype.

  6. #66
    What are you naysayers going to say when you are proven wrong once again and classic is a huge success surpassing retail? Aren't you tired of being wrong all the time already?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Why would anyone watch others play football (soccer) when they can just go outside and play themselves?
    Like I said dude, to each their own - but trying to compare playing an ultra casual mmo to sports is a bit disingenuous, don't you think? There are plenty of video games that are fun to watch, I just don't understand how classic wow is one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  8. #68
    Why do people feel the need to shit on classic soo much? People like different things, why does it bother you?

  9. #69
    Dreadlord Denizly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rift of Aln
    Posts
    979
    It's discussing how quickly this community turns any thread into a hate war.
    FFS can't we just be happy that it's working out, or not give a F if we don't care about classic?

    You people must always bitch at each other.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Do a small research. Most of the streamers were paid for palying it live.
    If i am not wrong Ninja got 1mil $ for single night of streaming...
    All the big wow streamers pledged to stream the shit out of classic if Blizzard decided to ever give in to the classic demand iirc - and while that's the same as sponsoring it, it's still giving the thing an unnatural amount of attention just for the sake of... giving it attention.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Literally asmongold reached 100k viewers for the first time in his career. Once he beat DM there was a subtrain that was going for like 20 minutes.

    That shows the value of classic for people. I think this game might just have been revived at last.

    What I'd want blizzard to do now is to actually advertise classic a bit more so we can have young people joining this game.
    i mean, BfA had around 500K viewers when it came out, dont want to belittle classic, but a lot of those viewers are there because they dont have beta invites
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-05-17 at 07:41 AM.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i mean, BfA had 300 or so K viewers when it came out, dont want to belittle classic, but a lot of those viewers are there because they dont have beta invites
    Classic isnt out....you do realize that right lol? This is a turd beta that just started and the level cap is 30 lmao, there are zero raids and only low level dungeons and no pvp.

    Classic is going to be the first game on twitch to break 1mil views on august 27th, mark my words.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Classic isnt out....you do realize that right lol? This is a turd beta that just started and the level cap is 30 lmao, there are zero raids and only low level dungeons and no pvp.
    i know its not out, like i said, a lot of the people watch it because they dont have access

    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Classic is going to be the first game on twitch to break 1mil views on august 27th, mark my words.
    i think you missed the /s

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    All the big wow streamers pledged to stream the shit out of classic if Blizzard decided to ever give in to the classic demand iirc - and while that's the same as sponsoring it, it's still giving the thing an unnatural amount of attention just for the sake of... giving it attention.
    Hhaha, why do you think they pledged to play the shit out of it? Because its a fucking great game.
    I don't think they would pledge to play the shit out of BFA huh?

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I can't wait for classic but this is a fucking terrible way to measure any type of success, anytime a new game comes out and any big time streamers flock to it the viewer counts sky rocket, same shit happened for grand theft auto 2 months ago...and probably another game before that.
    ye SCUM was huge aswell on twitch for a few days, and now its nowhere to be seen

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i know its not out, like i said, a lot of the people watch it because they dont have access



    i think you missed the /s
    Why is that even slightly hard to believe? Blizzard has done zero advertising for classic and a streamer today got 100k views playing it. By the time we hit launch day the 10's of millions of 35+ year olds who have no idea classic even exists will know about it, its going to be the gaming event of the decade.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm super stoked for classic, but can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to watch other people play it. To each their own I guess /shrug
    cuz ist beta and "plebs" dont have access

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Why is that even slightly hard to believe? Blizzard has done zero advertising for classic and a streamer today got 100k views playing it. By the time we hit launch day the 10's of millions of 35+ year olds who have no idea classic even exists will know about it, its going to be the gaming event of the decade.
    mhm sure

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    All the big wow streamers pledged to stream the shit out of classic
    Not all of them. Some still preffer to stream arenas, M+ or progressing new raids with decent viewers. You can check it even now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    if Blizzard decided to ever give in to the classic demand iirc - and while that's the same as sponsoring it, it's still giving the thing an unnatural amount of attention just for the sake of... giving it attention.
    Yeah... Sure... It is the same as sponsoring it...

    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i mean, BfA had 300 or so K viewers when it came out, dont want to belittle classic, but a lot of those viewers are there because they dont have beta invites
    Only a few streamers have beta now. Just wait for release date and others like shroud or lirik and i will not be surprised if they will achieve +1mil together.
    Also comparsing closed beta for a several people to official x-pack release for everyone seems to be slightly not fair imho.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    cuz ist beta and "plebs" dont have access

    - - - Updated - - -



    mhm sure
    Dont discount nostalgia dude lol, look at how well the snes and nes classic sold. This truly is no different, once the ads start rolling out the hype is going to reach critical levels, people will have no choice but to resub

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Dont discount nostalgia dude lol, look at how well the snes and nes classic sold. This truly is no different, once the ads start rolling out the hype is going to reach critical levels, people will have no choice but to resub
    ye, cuz people didnt know you can make your own better one for 50$ with a respberrypi and 2 clicks

    and i know what nostalgia is, there are still some old PS1 games that i want to play because i played then when growing up, but i dont have time for it, simmilar with classic, i played it but wont invest time in it again because i dont have a lot of it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •