Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gotta be awkward for bfa that a classic beta outranks it’s viewers 10 to 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is Asmongold again?
    Sorry, it's so hard to keep track of who's youtube important nowadays.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    IMHO it needs to happen.
    The penny just insnt dropping with them a lot of us arent happy the current direction of the Game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    See guys.. no one gives a flying shit about classic..

/s
    hype culture at its finest
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Literally asmongold reached 100k viewers for the first time in his career. Once he beat DM there was a subtrain that was going for like 20 minutes.

That shows the value of classic for people. I think this game might just have been revived at last.

What I'd want blizzard to do now is to actually advertise classic a bit more so we can have young people joining this game.
    Young people are going to give up, they don't exactly stick with things for very long.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Launch window views aren't much to go on.

I took this screengrab when BFA launched, FWIW. It was doing huge numbers during the launch window.

Honestly Twitch viewership isn't the most ideal metric anyway. If Asmongold and Soda weren't streaming the numbers would be way lower. Individual streamers have a huge influence on who is watching what. Also, people watching doesn't directly correspond to people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I can't wait for classic but this is a fucking terrible way to measure any type of success, anytime a new game comes out and any big time streamers flock to it the viewer counts sky rocket, same shit happened for grand theft auto 2 months ago...and probably another game before that.
    at last someone with some sense,ive said this before all streamers care about is viewers and money,there would stream shit if it got subs,when classic launches it will have big numbers untill the grind sets in an then numbers will plummit.and i will tell you now no big streamers will touch classic with a long pole,once again blizz lets its true fans down.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    What I'd want blizzard to do now is to actually advertise classic a bit more so we can have young people joining this game.
    Why would any young people be attracted to join Classic?

The primary appeal of Classic is nostalgia. They should be focussing their marketting efforts on people who played, and enjoyed the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

The primary appeal of Classic is nostalgia. They should be focussing their marketting efforts on people who played, and enjoyed the original game.
    The same reason young people played WoW back in the days, it's a good game. It's a timeless classic, young people still enjoy LEGO, it doesn't need to change, classic is the same. There will be plenty of young teenagers playing classic.

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    at last someone with some sense,ive said this before all streamers care about is viewers and money,there would stream shit if it got subs,when classic launches it will have big numbers untill the grind sets in an then numbers will plummit.and i will tell you now no big streamers will touch classic with a long pole,once again blizz lets its true fans down.
    You have the real OG's who ACTUALLY care about it and have already stated will NOT be streaming when classic launches (soda for example) anything else is just inflation, of course it's "popular" on twitch it's been hella hyped, it will settle down just like all the others

I am a bit bummed about this phenomenon. I hope layering works out really well (or Blizzard has some other plan for server health other than paid transfers) Classic really isn't meant to be THE NEXT BIG THING. It is supposed to be a little more niche -- with strong, healthy communities made up of people who actually like traditional MMORPGs.

Asmongold is forming a raid for Gurubashi Arena. Its going to be quite an event.

Payo and Sodapoppin are making a counter group.

The drama is real. I have multiple streams open atm

- - - Updated - - -

https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidEnerge...darShazBotstix

My favorite streamer Payo killed Asmongold...priceless but they lost the fight

Classic will be a moderate success with a high peak then level out at an average number of players. The twitch viewers will be very high for a week or so then decrease dramatically before spiking in AQ events or MC world first etc. Many of the most well known and big games made by the juggernauts of the industry do this. You cannot determine Classic's success at this juncture or using this twitch metric it's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    I say it won’t last long , keep in mind I like classic and BFA, not just saying it because of hate. It’s a boring game to outsiders.
    What was wow viewer ship like on bfa launch?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    What was wow viewer ship like on bfa launch?
    Don’t know but I doubt it was amazing numbers like classic beta had or (still has?)

Don’t know but I doubt it was amazing numbers like classic beta had or (still has?)
    Some guy linked a screen shot of bfa with 600k and apex legend is dying despite it's viewership. I predict 1-2 million subs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Asmongold is forming a raid for Gurubashi Arena. Its going to be quite an event.

Payo and Sodapoppin are making a counter group.

The drama is real. I have multiple streams open atm

- - - Updated - - -

https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidEnerge...darShazBotstix

My favorite streamer Payo killed Asmongold...priceless but they lost the fight
    I'm a bigger fan of perplexity dude is a god on rogue. I've seen a couple payo world pvp videos and he does some clutch plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM1bSJm6GTE&t=464s
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-05-17 at 08:47 PM.

BFA did the same thing. WoW was top viewed on twitch. After a month or so it died down.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

They will because blizzard kind of fucked up bfa so badly. Classic would never beat mop or wotlk for example.

There's probably more people watching others play Classic on twitch than people playing BFA

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    600k seems to be a smidge more then 100k