Poll: Who's Enjoying BfA?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I like transmog and bloodelves so yes I enjoy BFA

BFA is trash, 2/10.

Class design has never been worse since classic, 2-3 abilities removed or baked into the talent tree. Lost artifact weapon traits, legiondaries, and set bonuses all for garbage azerite. To top it all off, some legiondary effects, set bonuses, and artifact weapon traits got baked into the talent tree which means less choices and less things.

It's been nearly 2-3 expansions and we still haven't seen a new talent tier. Talents are still not balanced, at all (ex: Prot warrior).

The class dev's philosophies are just maddening.

If you played legion and transitioned into BFA, you feel pruned and sluggish which results in.... boredom!
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2019-05-24 at 04:42 AM.

classic cant come soon enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I agree with you on bashing you on the head with "Epic". I miss when music was more ambient like in old ashenvale instead of horns blaring and drums pounding. Somewhere along the line (maybe WoD?) the music just started to get too "epic", loud, and overpowering. It is super jarring when the track loops again or you move to a different area.
    Whatever the problem was with Russell Brower I think the game misses him. I didn't mention the music in my post but it was because I chose to leave it out of my list of complaints. I mostly agree. The music is now leaning toward obvious and bombastic and I'm not overly fond of it. Something has been lost. I honestly don't know if he's freelancing for Blizzard now and what part he has played in BfA but something isn't as right as it was there.

In case anyone was unaware: https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-com...been-laid-off/
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-24 at 05:24 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Whatever the problem was with Russell Brower I think the game misses him. I didn't mention the music in my post but it was because I chose to leave it out of my list of complaints. I mostly agree. The music is now leaning toward obvious and bombastic and I'm not overly fond of it. Something has been lost. I honestly don't know if he's freelancing for Blizzard now and what part he has played in BfA but something isn't as right as it was there.

In case anyone was unaware: https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-com...been-laid-off/
    WTF... Dude has composed some of the most iconic sountracks in the entire company, and all of a sudden he's just laid off? Sure, he might be hired in a freelance capacity at some (undetermined) time, but still... really Blizzard, WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    My second favourite expansion after WOTLK. Much needed breath of fresh air after Legion and WoD.

I like BfA, but it doesnt really matter what I think about it.

The burnout rate in BfA is even higher as in LEGION and I hope blizzard will go a bit back to MoP/WoD style with a bit more time gated content, to fight the gaming addiction. While the "game is dead" forum trolls are active as allways, ingame many players just burn out with the crazy amount of things you can do 24/7. It is just crazy to see a 14 year old game still forcing players to play excessive till they hate the game - BfA sometimes feels like VANILLA in this regards.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    My second favourite expansion after WOTLK. Much needed breath of fresh air after Legion and WoD.
    What could you possibly like about BFA that is better than Legion? I am really curious how that is even possible to say.

What could you possibly like about BFA that is better than Legion? I am really curious how that is even possible to say.
    Not having to deal with RNG legendaries. Had Legion had the currency thing from the end right away, it would have been no contest. But it REALLY pissed me off not to be competitive for X weeks because I didn't get the right legendary.

Legion did many things right, but it also did a lot of things wrong. Tomb of Sargeras was one of the best raids, but Antorus was really bad. In fact the whole ending of the expansion and the Argus parts in particular were phenomenally disappointing given how significant they are in the lore and history of the game.

And I STILL had overall more fun in Legion than I do in BFA, though that's probably got to do with class design above all else. It's really easy to overlook all the other things if the core part of your gameplay is suffering.

That's not to say BFA doesn't also have its highlights. I really like the dungeons. They're all fun and engaging, and a pleasure to play on M+ (caveat: I play Outlaw Rogue and Resto Druid so I'm probably biased). The raids, eh, not so much fun. They're not terrible by any stretch, but also not particularly amazing. A few fights are great fun (like e.g. Uu'nat) but others are also just a terrible slog full of contrived BS (Mekkatorque...).

Overall, I personally rank BFA slightly below Legion, but above MoP and WoD (which remains, to me, the worst expansion of all time).

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Not having to deal with RNG legendaries. Had Legion had the currency thing from the end right away, it would have been no contest. But it REALLY pissed me off not to be competitive for X weeks because I didn't get the right legendary.

Legion did many things right, but it also did a lot of things wrong. Tomb of Sargeras was one of the best raids, but Antorus was really bad. In fact the whole ending of the expansion and the Argus parts in particular were phenomenally disappointing given how significant they are in the lore and history of the game.

And I STILL had overall more fun in Legion than I do in BFA, though that's probably got to do with class design above all else. It's really easy to overlook all the other things if the core part of your gameplay is suffering.

That's not to say BFA doesn't also have its highlights. I really like the dungeons. They're all fun and engaging, and a pleasure to play on M+ (caveat: I play Outlaw Rogue and Resto Druid so I'm probably biased). The raids, eh, not so much fun. They're not terrible by any stretch, but also not particularly amazing. A few fights are great fun (like e.g. Uu'nat) but others are also just a terrible slog full of contrived BS (Mekkatorque...).

Overall, I personally rank BFA slightly below Legion, but above MoP and WoD (which remains, to me, the worst expansion of all time).
    True. My first legendary was Aggramar's stride and my second one was Sephuz' secret so I am not foreign to bad legendaries. I guess if we are comparing 7.0 to 8.0 both were pretty bad. I was thinking more 7.1.5+ of Legion. Legion pre patch was probably the worst experience I ever had in the game when they pruned the classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The order halls were uninspired and quite honestly made no sense in many way. They felt rushed and half assed. Being the prime champion of your order hall was cringe worthy. Having order halls that were catering for both factions, thrust together really felt disjointed and immersion breaking.

I could not stand the broken isles. The zones were insipid and awfully designed. Dull, drab. I hated having to spend time there.

Legion/Demon fatigue. Endless mobs but yet I felt no sense of danger or threat with regards to the invasions. It just didn't translate well.

BfA for me personally has better zones which are far more interesting. The lore and questing feels like it's new, stepping in the right direction.

The Drust really interest me and Stormsong is really well done. I like old go references.

Argus was very poor and disheartening. It should have been a hell of a lot more.

In all I just felt disjointed from the zones, the lore, the ambiance, and my class identity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well im playing it but rly enjoying it, no.
    The whole theme just doesn't get me.
    Also the game became a lootfest and everything is buyable atm.
    When i showup in some nice gear or mount people ask: Wow what does that cost you?
    Ehh .. cost me? I grinded this shit for months ....

Resub last week, live server disconnect every players for some reason. Queue up Wintergrasp with 25 minutes average waiting time. Instance crash everyone within 5 minutes after battle start.
    What a waste of $.

Game is only a transmog and mount farming for me at this point. I have not done a mythic+ in months and I don't care to raid anymore. Especially when a fresh alt can get a 395 piece almost equal to heroic raiding gear. I have not touched a single island in over 7 months and only played them the first 3 weeks of the expansion. I unsubbed a good 5 months of this expansion around the time the silly pirate ship deal came up. I realized it was a scam and continued with my decision to take a 5 month parting.

I just login on alts and do a world quest if its useful to them. I have not logged in for more than 1 hour this week. Trying to level my Zandalari is boring as hell and a real struggle even if I'm spamming dungeons.

Game is such garbage I hope 8.2 brings a little bit of fun back. Mostly waiting for classic. Been playing the game since Vanilla and got two rank 10 characters in pvp from at that point. I understand that I am just addicted to the game to a certain extend. I might barely play it but I like having it around based on my previous great memories with the game. It's been on a sharp decline after wrath of the lich king.
    Last edited by KronoFett; 2019-05-24 at 07:10 AM.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm a NE player and writer for a couple of RP guilds that are absolutely hemorrhaging people due to the story. Aside from a bit of transmog there really isn't anything in this expansion for me to have fun with. If it weren't for my guilds I wouldn't be subbed so i'm basically only playing for other people at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaln View Post
    Resub last week, live server disconnect every players for some reason. Queue up Wintergrasp with 25 minutes average waiting time. Instance crash everyone within 5 minutes after battle start.
    What a waste of $.
    I resubbed yesterday because I'm pretty bored at the moment and don't have anything to play and i thought why the hell not i might be super lucky (lol) and get a classic beta invite since I've played since Vanilla. In the 7 months i haven't had a sub for i logged back in for the first time today and still have ability and loot lag, this has been a major issue since the start of BfA and is YET to be fixed. Then there is all the other issues and I'm thinking what a waste of money and I should've know better.

How in the hell can anyone have any fun or still be subbed when a core part of the game isn't working, how can this issue be still ongoing for so long now. These morons at Blizzard need to take said head out of ass and remove sharding since Blizzard even admitted a while back this is what is causing the issue. Of course they are not going to remove these bullshit systems as it would make the whole world empty and make them look bad...how pathetic.

Thats hard to say i would not enjoy any extension with our actual class design i can't spend 4-5hours in a row on a class that i don't enjoy to play with not matter what kind of content im doing im lazy

After playing BFA i finally know how it feels playing a game tuned for grandma and the disabled, just like what GC said.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay... I don;t think it's bad, but it's no where near great either.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Enjoying it much more than Legion's start. Hard to remember much past that, but BFA had a rocky first 3 or so months, then after that has gotten significantly better.
    Its hardly different from legion though, honestly.

My class is basically exactly as it was in Legion, minus the artifact, so can't really understand the class complaints, considering the class changed so much from WoD into Legion that its hard to even call them the same spec.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV