Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The Raiding Dilemma

Guys, how do we progress in raids etc when no one is willing to take us? For example, there are requirements to do raids set forth, your experience, your damage, knowing fights, ilevel etc, how are we suppose to accomplish this when no one is willing to take us into raids? I want to ask you guys all, when there is a new person to raiding, how does he progress if always groups are looking for people who are experienced? How to beginners get through raids? All I see is prejudice, groups only recruiting those who know the fights have super amazing high ilevel gear etc. Same thing with mythics, groups are only looking for specific classes, achievements and ilevel. If for example I want to jump into raiding and I don't have much experience in it, I will still be turned down. So this is the flaw what i'm talking about. The people who are new to raiding will never get into raids thus they will never progress. This system is really flawed. LFR does not solve this because the items that drop there aren't nearly as good as those that drop in normal/heroic raids etc. It's nearly impossible to get into raids part of the reason I moved to PVP.

WoW is so incredibly hard to progress in mainly because of player driven attitude that literally keeps the new/beginner people from progressing.
    If anyone plans to play WoW lemme warn you in advance, you will face a lot of trouble and hard time getting into end game content mostly because it's players who are pulling the strings on this and Blizzard is not doing anything about the playerbase who wants to do raids but can't because of player made rules. This is the same issue for past 10 years that has not been looked at by the Blizzard development team.
    Last edited by gurutikka; 2019-05-17 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "how do we progress in raids etc when no one is willing to take us?"

You make your own group.

the same solutions since forever:
    link fake achis to pugs
    make your own pug, it's usually so annoying to do that people dont mind carrying your shit gear or w/e
    meet other people and play with them and get invited to their runs

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join a guild and their raiding team. It's how it's meant to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Guys, how do we progress in raids etc when no one is willing to take us? For example, there are requirements to do raids set forth, your experience, your damage, knowing fights, ilevel etc, how are we suppose to accomplish this when no one is willing to take us into raids? I want to ask you guys all, when there is a new person to raiding, how does he progress if always groups are looking for people who are experienced? How to beginners get through raids? All I see is prejudice, groups only recruiting those who know the fights have super amazing high ilevel gear etc. Same thing with mythics, groups are only looking for specific classes, achievements and ilevel. If for example I want to jump into raiding and I don't have much experience in it, I will still be turned down. So this is the flaw what i'm talking about. The people who are new to raiding will never get into raids thus they will never progress. This system is really flawed. LFR does not solve this because the items that drop there aren't nearly as good as those that drop in normal/heroic raids etc. It's nearly impossible to get into raids part of the reason I moved to PVP.

WoW is so incredibly hard to progress in mainly because of player driven attitude that literally keeps the new/beginner people from progressing.
    If anyone plans to play WoW lemme warn you in advance, you will face a lot of trouble and hard time getting into end game content mostly because it's players who are pulling the strings on this and Blizzard is not doing anything about the playerbase who wants to do raids but can't because of player made rules. This is the same issue for past 10 years that has not been looked at by the Blizzard development team.
    1) Find a guild. This is the easy solution. In guilds you invest in people. In PUGs you don’t

2) Many PUGs ask for experience, but you can still find some that don’t. You just need to put in more effort.

3) Take a look at yourself and be real with yourself. Ask yourself what YOU can do better. Don’t play the victim role. Nobody wants a crybaby in their group.

Find a guild. If that does not work - take a hard look at your expectations. There's nothing easier than finding your first entry-level raiding guild.

stepping stones. Dont expect to instantly be in a mythic raiding team your first day out. join a HC team initially, progress and learn how to raid in an organised setting, then move into the mythic raids.

Guys, how do we progress in raids etc when no one is willing to take us? For example, there are requirements to do raids set forth, your experience, your damage, knowing fights, ilevel etc, how are we suppose to accomplish this when no one is willing to take us into raids?
    Things that work since vanilla 14-years ago:

-> do alternative things to raiding to show your ability to play the game (PvP, Mythic+)
    -> learn to connect with players you want to play with (raiding players)

If you are dead set on raiding only (WHY?) and you want basicly a free boost for yourself and maybe your friends with a similar boosting background, you have only one option left - networking.

The raiding pool of players is in heavy declining, the demand for players willing to even raid is high. It was never easier to get into raiding-guilds/groups and if you did not figure out the social aspects of getting into raids, I suggest you step up in non-raiding content.
    -

I'd wanna see that raid where "everybody's welcome, no questions asked", and how many bosses will they kill and how long will it take them. Well tbh the OP is free to make a group like that, it should solve the plight of all the masses of rejected from every pug players, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post

You make your own group.
    wow ur so fkn smart, how come no one every thinks of this.

Join a Guild, read the guides, attend raids, get gear and experience.

Many Guilds on my realm are looking for new bodies to build their roster for 8.2. And any Guild that does not aim for CE will at least give you a chance in a farm raid if your charakter is well maintained, no matter the ilvl.

Just find a guild. I've had multiple characters get into guilds where I never gave my experience and the character was under-geared. Just set your expectations correctly. If you're new its probably best to find a guild that's say 8/9hc so you still have a boss to progress on. Use WoW guild progress and find a guild thats been stable for 3-4 tiers so you know it won't just fall apart.

Pug's such and always have, find a guild or make your own groups.

Excellent question!

- People are willing to take you. But you will need patience. See it like a job interview: only the best fitting candidate will be picked. If you are applying to a curve run with only having done LFR, the chances are low. You need to accept this, there is no workaround.

How can you get into these groups?

- Work your way up. Process through normal first. Find groups that have not cleared heroic yet. Progress together.
    - Do m+ and get gear from there to boost your chances
    - Create your own groups
    - Find likeminded people, find a guild, apply. Chances are people will take you. Use wowprogress.com to find a guild that suits your need.

Can you do all of this without putting ANY effort into it?

- Probably not
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

You don't need to enter a raid to start learning how to play efficiently. You can practice in M+ for instance and read guides to improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Join a guild and their raiding team. It's how it's meant to be done.

This. Don't PUG. Don't expect to start at the top or even Heroic.

If this question was as difficult as you make it out to be then the entire pool of active raiders today would be made exclusively of players who have been raiding since raiding began. There's Method raiders who never played the game before Cataclysm.
    Despite having a decade of experience under my belt, raiding mythic in Legion I had the chance of playing with two young players brand new to the game, 17-19 y/o at the time. They joined my raiding guild and within a year they're now both in a world top 10 guild. One of them went on to tank last season's MDI for one of Method's EU teams. The problem is you.

Join a guild around your experience (there's guilds out there that will take people who are new to raiding), raid with them, profit.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    link fake achis to pugs
    This will only get you in really bad pugs, because who is leading groups and doesn't have IO installed to see your actual progress in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post

You make your own group.
    and how many people want to join and stay in a group led by a fresh raider ? This is no solution.
    Blizzard should add a mentoring program of sorts. To reward people helping

There are plenty of casual/social mainly leveling guilds that really don’t have a barrier of entry. Most in my experience also raid at least a bit or have members who do. You’ve really just got to start at the bottom, and slowly climb up the ladder.