Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    You have it wrong. World first is irrelevant. It is the speed record that counts. 118 hours within 3 weeks of the launch is the record. Considering half of the PS crowd claims to have beaten that, let's see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by greatestfall View Post
    time invested does not equal difficulty. vanilla's leveling was time consuming, it was not something that was difficult.
    If you can only attack 1-3 mobs at a time instead of 1-20 on retail then it is harder. Other leveling aspects such as quests needed to level and travel time is longer. Mobs are harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

racing to 60 is gonna be pointless when you need 39 other people to fill a raid

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Excuse me, but there won't be any world firsts.

Those happened back in 2005 and 2006.
    World First Classic, not World First Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    World First Classic, not World First Vanilla.
    What's the difference? It's exactly the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Show me someone pulling 3 mobs on the level 20-30 range in the Beta while questing
    Questing is way harder in Vanilla.

Edit: Let me guess, you are going to say it was not "harder", "it took longer".
    Literally the same thing. By defenition is "harder"
    There's difficulty and fake difficulty. Vanilla leveling was fake difficulty.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    There's difficulty and fake difficulty. Vanilla leveling was fake difficulty.
    Look, im completely burned out of this argument. I already said everything on general sub forum.

Vanilla leveling isnt hard.
    It just so happen to be harder than retail...a lot harder.

Hello worlds first 60 was back in 2004/2005.

I don't know why should we care. Classic is not about competition in any way. People are surely eager for Classics not because they want to consume content as fast as possible like current generation of players do. Look at current WoW. It is bad exactly because people roam through the content so fast that Blizzard has to make stupid gates to stop them affecting the whole audience basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    There isn't though. The most efficient way to level is to sit in one spot and queue for dungeons over and over, repeating the same hallway for hours on end. Retail is practically an arcade game now.

In Vanilla you get a quest starting in Desolace that chains for a long time and ends up taking you to Scarlet Monastery, rewarding you with a sword as low as level 34 that can last until almost level 50. That's more of an adventure to me.
    This is patently false, especially for DPS. Questing is the fastest way to level for DPS.

Regardless I wasn't even talking about fastest way to level, you're the one that brought that up. The fastest way to level in Classic was (and likely still is) to find a spot with lots of monsters at the right level and grind the shit out of them....what's your point?

And you honestly just proved my point. Current WoW has a different kind of adventure. You prefer the old version. There are still quests like that, they're just rare, and most of the time they have multiple breadcrumb quests so that people won't miss them.

One thing not helping the race is the level 5 cap on the stress test. Feelsbadman

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Constantly asking for help in chat to do elite quests.
    How was that fun?

Yay I'm wasting time! Such immersion!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    How was that fun?

Yay I'm wasting time! Such immersion!
    RPGs are a waste of time. Thats why they are fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is I'll ding 60 the first week or 2 of launch.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This is patently false, especially for DPS. Questing is the fastest way to level for DPS.

Regardless I wasn't even talking about fastest way to level, you're the one that brought that up. The fastest way to level in Classic was (and likely still is) to find a spot with lots of monsters at the right level and grind the shit out of them....what's your point?

And you honestly just proved my point. Current WoW has a different kind of adventure. You prefer the old version. There are still quests like that, they're just rare, and most of the time they have multiple breadcrumb quests so that people won't miss them.
    How so? In WoD, at least, I leveled my DK from 90-100 in one weekend (grinding dungeons) while it took my Warlock a lot longer questing. Doing 100 quests only gets you like 2 levels and it takes a long time. Unless you mean building up a bunch of quests, using exp potions, and turning them all in at once. Then you're just arguing semantics.

what's with all the morons who feel like they have to say 'BUT WORLD FIRST WAS IN 2004'
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    How so? In WoD, at least, I leveled my DK from 90-100 in one weekend (grinding dungeons) while it took my Warlock a lot longer questing. Doing 100 quests only gets you like 2 levels and it takes a long time. Unless you mean building up a bunch of quests, using exp potions, and turning them all in at once. Then you're just arguing semantics.
    My experience has been the exact opposite. Questing has been MUCH faster than grinding dungeons in my multiple 20-110 grinds since Allied Races came out, unless I was leveling as a Tank, specifically due to the nigh instant queues. That said....90-100 is the nearly fastest bit of leveling in the whole game now with the xp bonus stuff you get from your Garrison.

If WoD was the last time you leveled something, dungeon grinding is not as fast as it used to be. Back then, you're right, dungeons were a good way. Now they're simply not as good as far as xp/hour as questing.

That said I use WoW-Pro (free add-on) for my leveling which makes it very directed and pretty brainless, as far as where to go and when.

Does Beta really matter? Now come August 27th, the real race begins.

I dunno, back in 2006 when I started, it took me...two months? Maybe three? to hit max level. Back then I had a reason to rush to max (relatively speaking) because I had an IRL friend at 60 and knew a few other people in his guild and as a priest I knew I'd get some raid invites. Now I'll probably be the only person I know playing it, so I'ma take my time and enjoy the experience. I doubt I'll raid much at 60 since I can't commit to any kind of real raid schedule so I don't have much to rush for.

OT: I don't care about youtube or twitch people and their races to max, particularly since (as many others have pointed out) this is the same content that came out in 2004 so I'm not sure where the prestige is in a "world first" that really isn't. Good for people who are gonna take two weeks off work or whatever and play 18 hours a day, but that doesn't sound fun to me even if I was the kind of person who was competitive about random shit.

Also fuck Athene, to those who mentioned him. I don't care if his persona was just an act, the dude was annoying as shit and I had really enjoyed forgetting his idiot ass existed for a few years since the last time I saw his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.