Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I don't need to.
    Ok, great. So you're clearly stating your complete and total unwillingness to look at other points of view. Glad we cleared that up.

You have to make sense. But you never do, so I won't take you seriously.
    I've made multiple, extensive, articulate arguments and points. Read my replies to cparle and others in this thread. If I'm not making sense to you it's because you're not every trying to understand anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The Argus zone isn't, the skybox is made in a way to give the illusion of a much larger landmass and that illusion could be broken by flying mounts.
    Stop and think about that for a second. Blizzard is willing to turn off flight(something they KNOW people enjoy immensely), and invalidate the previous 8 months players had spent working on Pathfinder, all for a visual effect that could have also been achieved by using other methods that "presented challenges to development".

That should tell you everything you need to know about what Blizzard thinks of their players.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-05-26 at 12:32 AM.
    Happiness is peace in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    One would think, but sadly this isn't the case at all.

Did you know that Argus is built like Silvermoon City? Why would they do that if it weren't easier?
    its not built like silvermoon.
    all the buildings on argus are entire buildings

stop making this shit up mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Ok, great. So you're clearly stating your complete and total unwillingness to look at other points of view. Glad we cleared that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop and think about that for a second. Blizzard is willing to turn off flight(something they KNOW people enjoy immensely), and invalidate the previous 8 months players had spent working on Pathfinder, all for a visual effect that could have also been achieved by using other methods that "presented challenges to development".

That should tell you everything you need to know about what Blizzard thinks of their players.
    so would you rather have waited 6 more months for the patch while they make an entire fucking city in the distance we cant go to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

so would you rather have waited 6 more months for the patch while they make an entire fucking city in the distance we cant go to?

First, where are you getting this 6 month figure from? I doubt it would take that long to create facade buildings in the distance locked away with either invisible walls like they did with Tanaan, or fatigue bar, or no flying barrier zones like Timeless isle.

Second, yes, even if for some bizarre reason it took them an additional 6 months to design Argus to handle flight, I'd be ok with it. Not only would I very MUCH like Blizzard to go back to higher quality design and the "when it's done" philosophy, but it would have gone a long way to reassuring players about staying consistent to their stated word("master the ground, fly later") and shown consideration for player efforts towards completing Pathfinder.

And yes, your french fry excuse is laughable. Flying doesn't get stale when you don't have it, so try again.
    Actually, it does.
    I'm just about done with waiting for it to finally be allowed again.
    At this point I have pretty much stopped caring about seeing this world.
    It is dead to me.

It's way more likely that after a few years talking about how they're using a no-flight design and how most expansions has added a final zone without flying, Argus was never intended to have flight and the visual effect was a no-cost bonus with nothing having to be "switched off," although I admit I could be wrong, where are you getting the quote that they had other options for that effect that "presented challenges to development?"

No, but the way you keep taking design decisions as a personal or calculated affront should tell you everything you need to know about why I seldom take your posts seriously.

No, but the way you keep taking design decisions as a personal or calculated affront should tell you everything you need to know about why I seldom take your posts seriously.
    I don't take it personally. But I also don't make excuses and treat Blizzard like they're some benevolent friend who wants to give players a warm fuzzy, either.

They're a corporation, and WoW has a number-crunching spreadsheet wizard in the position of lead developer. It's not hard to see what motivates their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No one complained about flight in TBC.
    No one complained about flight in WotLK.
    No one complained about flight in Cataclysm.
    No one complained about flight in MoP.
    In WoD, suddenly, flight was a problem..

Flight was never the problem: WoD was..
    No. I think there were some complaints. It was relatively minor at Cata but gathered momentum during MoP. I think it was due to some blue post that at least some people in Blizzard were having second thoughts about flying and that maybe they should not added.

This started the flying vs no no-flying which resulted in flying initially removed to "test the water" so to speak in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    No. I think there were some complaints. It was relatively minor at Cata but gathered momentum during MoP. I think it was due to some blue post that at least some people in Blizzard were having second thoughts about flying and that maybe they should not added.

This started the flying vs no no-flying which resulted in flying initially removed to "test the water" so to speak in WoD.
    If someone posted in Blue posted "We think dog-feces sandwiches are a really good idea!" it would have a largish following from some of the community. The real problem is that there are too many people that think Blizzard can do no wrong, and anything the suggest is a good idea.

Which isn't to say that Blizzard never has good ideas. But people are WAY too ready to assume everything Blizzard does is lined with gold.

If someone posted in Blue posted "We think dog-feces sandwiches are a really good idea!" it would have a largish following from some of the community. The real problem is that there are too many people that think Blizzard can do no wrong, and anything the suggest is a good idea.

Which isn't to say that Blizzard never has good ideas. But people are WAY too ready to assume everything Blizzard does is lined with gold.
    Meanwhile if Blizz announced they were removing dog faeces from the game there are people who would complain that dog faeces were an integral part of the experience, accuse the devs of removing faeces because it magically makes the game cheaper, cast doubt on the intelligence of a person who dislikes consuming faeces and declare any developer worthy of the name would integrate faeces more closely to the core experience

Meanwhile if Blizz announced they were removing dog faeces from the game there are people who would complain that dog faeces were an integral part of the experience, accuse the devs of removing faeces because it magically makes the game cheaper, cast doubt on the intelligence of a person who dislikes consuming faeces and declare any developer worthy of the name would integrate faeces more closely to the core experience
    It's an admittedly funny turn about on my post.

Metaphor vs literal, however.

I do not know about the "largish" following, but while there are people who support Blizzard for everything, there are those on the other side of the spectrum who are opposite and derides Blizzard decision.

And not everything Blizzard does are covered with feces.

I think part of the problem is that some players feels the game should focus on them, that they are the important customer and everyone else are secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I do not know about the "largish" following, but while there are people who support Blizzard for everything, there are those on the other side of the spectrum who are opposite and derides Blizzard decision.

And not everything Blizzard does are covered with feces.

I think part of the problem is that some players feels the game should focus on them, that they are the important customer and everyone else are secondary.
    Oof...ok, that's not technically wrong, but that's not what I was saying either. While I agree there are genuine haters who dont think any part of WoW is good, that's not me.

Granted, I think a lot of what Blizzard is doing recently is anti-consumer, and could stand to be improved(like Pathfinder), but Im not going to say everything is bad, and I resent the implication that I'm more important than everyone else simply because I stick to my guns. (EDIT: If that's not what you meant to imply, then I apologize, and suggest that maybe you word the idea better, given the context of the conversation.) If that's what you're getting from my posts, either you're not understanding what I'm trying to say, or I'm not doing a very good job of saying it.

For example: The addition of Classic servers is one of the better, more customer friendly things they've done recently. Not only giving players more options to choose the style of play they enjoy most, but including in the existing sub without taking anything away from players in the process. I would LOVE to see more of this kind of content release!
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-05-28 at 12:25 AM.

This is one of the consequences of modern blizzards trying to appeal to everyone strategy, it just leaves everyone frustrated and annoyed.

They need to decide what they want to do with flying, make a final decision, post it and let that be the end of it and let that be the model they use for the next couple of expansions.

At this point i dont care if they just remove it, but stop the constant baiting and switching. That they gave us flying in legion and then made the final zone unflyable is again just trying to appease everyone and failing.

there are too many people that think Blizzard can do no wrong, and anything [they] suggest is a good idea.
    Honestly, if I held shares in Activision Blizzard then I'd probably be hopping from forum to forum doing the same thing.

/end_conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhila View Post
    This is one of the consequences of modern blizzards trying to appeal to everyone strategy, it just leaves everyone frustrated and annoyed.

They need to decide what they want to do with flying, make a final decision, post it and let that be the end of it and let that be the model they use for the next couple of expansions.

At this point i dont care if they just remove it, but stop the constant baiting and switching. That they gave us flying in legion and then made the final zone unflyable is again just trying to appease everyone and failing.
    "Bait and Swtich" doesn't mean what you think it means. There is no bait and switch going on. They are not promising you one thing and then not doing what they promised by doing something else in it's place. TO be a bait and swtich means they announced flying is a specific zone, but then not delivering flying in that zone when it went live and deciding to double ground mount speed instead. Giving flying in Legion then not having flying in Argus is not bait and switch because they never promised you flying in Argus at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Actually, it does.
    I'm just about done with waiting for it to finally be allowed again.
    At this point I have pretty much stopped caring about seeing this world.
    It is dead to me.
    So lemme just get this straight.

With or without flight, you get tired of seeing the world.

Then I'll ask the same question I've asked six times already: Why do you need flight? You're already bored with the game without it, and flight would only make it so you access everything faster, and thus, get bored of everything faster.

It's not lack-of-flight that is making flight 'stale' as you would like to call it. It's boring content. Asking for flight won't make the content less boring - It will just make you consume the boring content that much faster.

If you want better content, ask for that - Not flight. It's not resolving anything to do what already exists faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's a MMO, of course there will be gating. Why is theis even news? If there weren't any time gating in MMOs, no one would play once they finished content in the first weeks. This shit has been around since the dawn of the genre in some form or another. I just find this one to be in better taste. They want the game to played in a particular manner. Nothing wring with imposing that will. It is their game.
    You missed the point of my post. I wasn't complaining about time gating. I was pointing out that no matter what description Blizzard puts on it, it's still just time gating.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Pathfinder is in my opinion the most stupid idea they ever put in the game. I get the restrictions but don't make it time gated for almost a year. Like what the fuck. In Legion for instance they released the second part of pathfinder to only introduce a quest hub without flying. I love the game nonetheless, but I don't know anyone that says ''Pathfinder is a good idea, after 1 year I can finally fly..."

Be reasonable, this is just a way to stretch things out. But as this flying has been in the game for almost 8 years I think most people are just used to having flying. They already added items to blow someone off their flying mount. I really hope they won't make 2 parts in the next expansion. Even release it without pathfinder for gold, or introduce a pathfinder that can be completed in the first patch without any timegates.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No one complained about flight in TBC.
    No one complained about flight in WotLK.
    No one complained about flight in Cataclysm.
    No one complained about flight in MoP.
    In WoD, suddenly, flight was a problem..

Flight was never the problem: WoD was..
    Nice revisionist history but throughout all those xpacs I read forum messages from purists about how flying has ruined exploration and world pvp in the game.

So yea nice try, but you should know better then this.

I wish they'd just remove flying once and for all. Give us an underground/cavern based xpac with no flying. No flying=no need to cry over pathfinder being too hard or time gated.