Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    This is one of the consequences of modern blizzards trying to appeal to everyone strategy, it just leaves everyone frustrated and annoyed.

They need to decide what they want to do with flying, make a final decision, post it and let that be the end of it and let that be the model they use for the next couple of expansions.

At this point i dont care if they just remove it, but stop the constant baiting and switching. That they gave us flying in legion and then made the final zone unflyable is again just trying to appease everyone and failing.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    there are too many people that think Blizzard can do no wrong, and anything [they] suggest is a good idea.
    Honestly, if I held shares in Activision Blizzard then I'd probably be hopping from forum to forum doing the same thing.

/end_conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhila View Post
    This is one of the consequences of modern blizzards trying to appeal to everyone strategy, it just leaves everyone frustrated and annoyed.

They need to decide what they want to do with flying, make a final decision, post it and let that be the end of it and let that be the model they use for the next couple of expansions.

At this point i dont care if they just remove it, but stop the constant baiting and switching. That they gave us flying in legion and then made the final zone unflyable is again just trying to appease everyone and failing.
    "Bait and Swtich" doesn't mean what you think it means. There is no bait and switch going on. They are not promising you one thing and then not doing what they promised by doing something else in it's place. TO be a bait and swtich means they announced flying is a specific zone, but then not delivering flying in that zone when it went live and deciding to double ground mount speed instead. Giving flying in Legion then not having flying in Argus is not bait and switch because they never promised you flying in Argus at any time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's a MMO, of course there will be gating. Why is theis even news? If there weren't any time gating in MMOs, no one would play once they finished content in the first weeks. This shit has been around since the dawn of the genre in some form or another. I just find this one to be in better taste. They want the game to played in a particular manner. Nothing wring with imposing that will. It is their game.
    You missed the point of my post. I wasn't complaining about time gating. I was pointing out that no matter what description Blizzard puts on it, it's still just time gating.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Pathfinder is in my opinion the most stupid idea they ever put in the game. I get the restrictions but don't make it time gated for almost a year. Like what the fuck. In Legion for instance they released the second part of pathfinder to only introduce a quest hub without flying. I love the game nonetheless, but I don't know anyone that says ''Pathfinder is a good idea, after 1 year I can finally fly..."

Be reasonable, this is just a way to stretch things out. But as this flying has been in the game for almost 8 years I think most people are just used to having flying. They already added items to blow someone off their flying mount. I really hope they won't make 2 parts in the next expansion. Even release it without pathfinder for gold, or introduce a pathfinder that can be completed in the first patch without any timegates.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No one complained about flight in TBC.
    No one complained about flight in WotLK.
    No one complained about flight in Cataclysm.
    No one complained about flight in MoP.
    In WoD, suddenly, flight was a problem..

Flight was never the problem: WoD was..
    Nice revisionist history but throughout all those xpacs I read forum messages from purists about how flying has ruined exploration and world pvp in the game.

So yea nice try, but you should know better then this.

I wish they'd just remove flying once and for all. Give us an underground/cavern based xpac with no flying. No flying=no need to cry over pathfinder being too hard or time gated.