Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Not feeling the hype. There have just been too many Batman movies, with the latest iteration being laughable in Justice League.

Also if Joker shows up in the movie, I will probably skip it altogether. Such an abrasive villain. It's either always him or someone else that is constantly shadowed by him.
    Feel the same. Don't mind the superhero/vigilante genre, it's just a backdrop for ideas. But the idea of the Joker and his implication with society at large is done to death.

This trailer isn't really giving me the impression i'm going to get some new interesting take on Batman. It feels like the "Superman Returns" of the Christopher Nolan movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Batman clocks in at 2:47… without credits/trailers. I may be seeing this one at home.
    That's impressive..but I feel the need to pee...just reading that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It feels like the "Superman Returns" of the Christopher Nolan movies.
    Ow...damn. wait...um..Bryan Singer...doesn't change anything. Still stings.

It’s a Year Two Batman kinda take, not a year 20 return.
    I'm just saying it feels like Matt Reeves is taking the same kind of Approach as Chris Nolan. It feels like this version of the Dark Knight could slide directly in the "Nolanverse".

Superman Returns didn’t use the same approach as Donner though, it just reused his plot outline from Superman.
    You need to rewatch that movie if you think that. Not only is it an homage to Donner's Superman movies...it's canonically a sequel to Superman II...scrubbing III and IV out of canon.

And that's neither here nor there. All I'm trying to say is that "The Batman" trailer makes it look like it could slide right into the Nolanverse.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-21 at 02:32 AM.

Roflmao, maybe you need to try rewatching Superman and then Superman Returns. While it’s meant to be a sequel to 2 it fails miserably.
    I never said it was a good movie.. (still better than III or IV though). It is an homage to Donner's work on Superman though. Whether or not you found it to be a succesfull homage is up to you.

Can we get back on topic now?

I wish we had a Batman that was pro wrestler jacked with grappling experience and a masked Joker with Mark Hamill's voiceover in a purple pin striped suit

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    I wish we had a Batman that was pro wrestler jacked with grappling experience and a masked Joker with Mark Hamill's voiceover in a purple pin striped suit
    Batfleck looked like an absolute unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imho ben affleck was by far the worst batman, nothing positive to say about him.

Robert might actually do better... well he certainly can't do worse than affleck.
    Nah, I give that award for worst Batman to George Clooney. Batman doesn't smile while in costume. Clooney broke that rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Nah, I give that award for worst Batman to George Clooney. Batman doesn't smile while in costume. Clooney broke that rule.
    George Clooney, Val Kilmer, Christian Bale. Top three worst Batmen.

Yes, Christian Bale. His "Batman voice" is so fucking silly I can't take him seriously in the role. He has a sillier voice than Tom Hardy's Bane does in the same film, and Hardy at least has a mask on contributing to it which wasn't his fault.

Affleck was . . . fine. The movie was shit around him. He wasn't a low point. "Your mom's name is Martha too?" was stupid fucking writing, but that's not Affleck's fault. Gotta distinguish between "worst-written Batman" and "worst-acted Batman".

Pattinson will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Yes, Christian Bale. His "Batman voice" is so fucking silly I can't take him seriously in the role. He has a sillier voice than Tom Hardy's Bane does in the same film, and Hardy at least has a mask on contributing to it which wasn't his fault.

Affleck was . . . fine. The movie was shit around him. He wasn't a low point. "Your mom's name is Martha too?" was stupid fucking writing, but that's not Affleck's fault. Gotta distinguish between "worst-written Batman" and "worst-acted Batman".

Pattinson will be fine.
    Bro, yea. I hate the Batman "voice" in films. Keaton didn't overdo it and he was probably the best by default in the worst movie series. I am a fan of Keaton, but not of his Batman.

5+ Year Old Account
    I heard it's nearly 3 hours, that's crazy, hope it's good though

I hope it turns out good, the dude doesn't seem a bad actor, Twilight writing is just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by userA1 View Post
    I hope it turns out good, the dude doesn't seem a bad actor, Twilight writing is just awful.
    If you still think of Twilight first when you think of Robert Pattinson, then you really need to watch some movies in the last decade

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    If you still think of Twilight first when you think of Robert Pattinson, then you really need to watch some movies in the last decade
    Yeah, even Robert Pattinson hates Robert Pattenson in Twilight :P

Pattinson will be fine.
    It doesn't ruin the movie for me, but I do agree it's silly. I rewatched The Dark Knight a couple months back and yeah, in some scenes it feels out of place with the seriousness that is going on and one wonders how anyone even understands his growling. Poor man must have one hell of a sore throat come the morning. Pattinson's incarnation thankfully doesn't suffer from this per the trailers.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Pattinson will be fine.
    Bale might have been a meh Batman, but I love his Bruce Wayne mask.

I don't think i can care anymore about batman movies.... soooo many batmans in the last 2 decades. The DCEU was a good idea but they drove it into the ground by completly fucking over their actors who nearly all are not interested in appearing in it anymore.
    Another batman with another edgy optic... nah sorry. Same same but different. No matter how good of an actor Pattinson and Farrell are.

It also took a while for me to warm up to Hollands Spiderman. If they change that AGAIN i will also not care anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't think i can care anymore about batman movies.... soooo many batmans in the last 2 decades. The DCEU was a good idea but they drove it into the ground by completly fucking over their actors who nearly all are not interested in appearing in it anymore.
    Another batman with another edgy optic... nah sorry. Same same but different. No matter how good of an actor Pattinson and Farrell are.
    i think we are all burn out from batman movies, some more than others, and the death of the DCEU was a tragedy, but the trailers at least are promising something worthy, with they focusing on the side of batman being the best detective, which is something i don't think they explored too well in movies, visuals are good, the fights are looking amazing, so im giving this a chance too.

It also took a while for me to warm up to Hollands Spiderman. If they change that AGAIN i will also not care anymore.
    He signed up for another trillogy but the other 2 spider mans will show up in other projects and perhaps standalone movies too

Pattinson will be fine.
    Question remains if Bale did the voice on his own accord or if he was directed to do so. When he's geniuinely angry he's great, when he's talking to people normally and does the voice it's silly.