Page 1 of 36
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Robert Pattinson to take over for Ben Affleck as Batman

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1211604

Now before we pass judgement because he was in Twilight, just remember that we all thought Affleck couldn't pull it off and in BvS he was the brutal, darker Batman that we didn't expect.

Imho ben affleck was by far the worst batman, nothing positive to say about him.

Robert might actually do better... well he certainly can't do worse than affleck.

I mean.

Wow.

That's like saying "Jared Leto wasn't the best Joker, let's go with Hayden Christensen instead".

5+ Year Old Account
    From one shitty choice to another...

Robert Pattinson did a great job acting in good time but im struggling to see him as Batman, its a tough role.

I wanted Jon Hamm /cry

Also "front runner" does not = confirmed.

Not that I'm saying he's going to be good or bad, but I remember a lot of people (myself included) whom thought heath ledger was going to be a terrible joker. Sometimes people surprise you.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a black lesbian cripple girl?
    Oh wait, it’s DC, not Marvel.
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

7+ Year Old Account
    Just popping in to say that Robert Pattinson hated Twilight, and so while I don't care one way or the other about him, if you're gonna dislike him don't base it on the fact that he was in those movies =P

I have no opinion on the matter besides that, 'cause I don't care about Batman either.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I wouldn't hold Twilight against Pattinson, he didn't write that garbage. He made millions from it. I'd have done the same. It's similar to Kelly Tran. It wasn't her fault either the writing was terrible.

That being said, I am not optimistic about Pattinson as batman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    Not a black lesbian cripple girl?
    Oh wait, it’s DC, not Marvel.
    Inventing stuff to be outraged about even when none exists .

Nice.

OT: He surely has a lot of experience with the whole brooding thing going on during his time as a sparkly bloodsucker.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    He's better off playing Harley Quinn
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

He seems a bit too skinny to play Batman, but then again, so did Christian Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Not that I'm saying he's going to be good or bad, but I remember a lot of people (myself included) whom thought heath ledger was going to be a terrible joker. Sometimes people surprise you.
    Heath Ledger was a fantastic actor. Robert not so much.

Arnie Hammer would have been a better choice.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

There's many "Batmans" not one (both in movies an comics) so it's difficult to see if Pattison is gonna fit without knowing what Batman.

It would be weird making today a "light Batman" ( Adam West, the Joel Schumaker one...) because we all are expecting a "Dark Knight" but we don't know the exact and precise tone so I'm gonna hold my opinion here by just saying as of today...I'm sceptic about the result.

And no, it got nothing to do with "Twilight"...it got to do with all the movies he has done after that.As example last week I saw "High Life" and....well....I'm sceptic about the result.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    There's many "Batmans" not one (both in movies an comics) so it's difficult to see if Pattison is gonna fit without knowing what Batman.

It would be weird making today a "light Batman" ( Adam West, the Joel Schumaker one...) because we all are expecting a "Dark Knight" but we don't know the exact and precise tone so I'm gonna hold my opinion here by just saying as of today...I'm sceptic about the result.

And no, it got nothing to do with "Twilight"...it got to do with all the movies he has done after that.As example last week I saw "High Life" and....well....I'm sceptic about the result.
    Well thats the beauty of batman. Done well you can have the light and serious tones.

Bruce Wayne as the life of the party playboy and then the serious Batman. Where Batman is the real persona and Bruce is the alter ego to hide his hero identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imho ben affleck was by far the worst batman, nothing positive to say about him.

Robert might actually do better... well he certainly can't do worse than affleck.
    Well, to be fair, Clooney was a lot worse in that role.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, to be fair, Clooney was a lot worse in that role.
    I honestly have to disagree.
    Clooney at least had his natural charm.

Ben affleck just had nothing... no charm, no acting, no facial expressions, nothing.
    Honey boo boo would have made a better batman than affleck.

He better start hitting the gym, and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1211604

Now before we pass judgement because he was in Twilight, just remember that we all thought Affleck couldn't pull it off and in BvS he was the brutal, darker Batman that we didn't expect.
    Aflec is the worst batman we've ever had. I'm sure this guy will be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.