Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Robert Pattinson might actually be a decent batman. He has a good jaw which is the most important batman feature, so who knows?

Someone mentioned Hayden Christensen. He's not even a bad actor; just gets shat on for getting put in a poorly-written role. I would probably enjoy seeing him in the right role in one of these cinematic universes.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The whole point of the Nolan trilogy Bruce Wayne is that it's always been a mask, a fake out that Batman has been putting on since he came back from the League of Shadows. Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne was meant to always be bored and bland-ish. It wasn't real.
    Isn't it basically canon across the entire DCEU that Batman is the character, and Bruce Wayne is the facade?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I actually don't believe it will be connected to Batfleck at all.
    Note the "Of sorts". I just meant that it's going to be a movie set before the Batflek movies, they might throw in a reference or two, but there won't be a direct connection.

Also... How good does Joker look?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    George Clooney and Val Kilmer were the worst Batmen.
    If rubber nipple Batman suits are wrong, I don't want to be right! They were obviously integral to their performances.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Is he suffering from depression or something, or drugs? He looks sick and tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    While the script of Nolan's batman was far better.... Affleck was a better batman than Bale.
    I mean.. he was "batman". Baile, while excellent.. was "kinda batman".

So like you said, i wont judge Mr.Twillight until i see him in the role.
    Cause i did that with Affleck and i was proven wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    How are you gonna tell me that Affleck was the worst Batman when he's the only Batman who did what had to be done to subdue terrorists? At LEAST 6 people died in this scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Meh.i found Ben Affleck to do the role well. Just that the direction and how batman was written were shit. Like most characters in the latest DC movies. He pulled of the brutal more experienced batman.

The way he gets up after being knocked down in BvS in such a carefree manner during their bout is great.
    I'll definitely agree on this, Affleck did a really good batman, loved the bruality. However BvS was just shitty writing, impossible to pull of such a shitty synopsis. Civil War level of cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Give him a chance. The guy's been getting some acclaim on smaller films since Twilight, and has made somewhat of a name for himself. It might be terrible, but he might do a good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I'll definitely agree on this, Affleck did a really good batman, loved the bruality. However BvS was just shitty writing, impossible to pull of such a shitty synopsis. Civil War level of cringe.
    Dont think I've seen a satisfying fight to that degree since The Raid came out. The Raid still wins, but still. Weight in fights are important. Hollywood tend to go with speed instead.

I think Affleck was good as the older version of Batman. He had the perfect build for it. Although he is by no means the best actor, he's not a bad one (And def not the worst batman or movie(s)). What killed him was the two bad storylines that "that Batman" was tied to.

He actually stepped down from playing the character anymore because he kept getting shitty scripts from WB studios. I don't blame him. He is after all a big comic book fan.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Give him a chance. The guy's been getting some acclaim on smaller films since Twilight, and has made somewhat of a name for himself. It might be terrible, but he might do a good job.
    It is kinda amazing how much flack he gets for Twilight, same boat as Hayden christensen i suppose.
    For those who need a great example of his acting chops (pattinson) i would go for "Lost city of Z" he knocks it out of the park with that one.
    Shame Disney removed teh Star wars without cheese series. Hayden christensens performance in those recuts were truly allowed to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Always found him too bland, myself.
    Agreed. Only good parts of the Bale trilogy was Bane and Joker
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

I could see Pattison way more as Dick Grayson than Batman

On Ben Affleck: I honestly think we missed out on the chance for a great Batman performance from him. He went from borderline dark and edgy Bale style Batman to goofy whatever Batman, because of the scripts. His acting is generally top notch these days when he's given room to flex.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Isn't it basically canon across the entire DCEU that Batman is the character, and Bruce Wayne is the facade?
    Sure, but in most DCEU stuff, he's better at playing Bruce Wayne than the Nolan Batman was. Like, when I think of the animated Bruce Wayne, he always came off as a smiling, smooth, suave motherfucker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post

Is he suffering from depression or something, or drugs? He looks sick and tired.
    Nah, he's just British.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Sure, but in most DCEU stuff, he's better at playing Bruce Wayne than the Nolan Batman was. Like, when I think of the animated Bruce Wayne, he always came off as a smiling, smooth, suave motherfucker.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, he's just British.

I almost added, "maybe he just needs a little sun". ;p maybe put on a few kg too.

Got to say I feel like its a terrible idea. That being said, I was highly skeptical of Daniel Craig being cast as Bond, and I think he ended up being one of the top Bonds. So, I'll keep an open mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    For you out there that don't think he's a good actor or only know him from his Twilight movies just watch this. He has really been great in all indie movies he has been in.

https://youtu.be/nNK9b4gBO24?t=130

Good time is the best movie Patts has done in recent years. Even pulls off the new york accent which is tricky.

(lol at all the twilight haters, even he made fun of that series WHEN he was promoting the damn thing.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    (lol at all the twilight haters, even he made fun of that series WHEN he was promoting the damn thing.)
    Yeah, he's been pretty savage about the film, and about it's author Stephanie Mayer. Can't believe he got away with it, tbh XD.

He's put in some solid performances since then, and if they ARE going with a younger batman, Mask of the Phantasm/World's Greatest Detective angle, I think he's perfect casting.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, he's been pretty savage about the film, and about it's author Stephanie Mayer. Can't believe he got away with it, tbh XD.

He's put in some solid performances since then, and if they ARE going with a younger batman, Mask of the Phantasm/World's Greatest Detective angle, I think he's perfect casting.
    He very nearly got booted off the project early on for artistic reasons.

People holding twilight against him have no idea how the industry works.

Cant blame a young actor for taking a major franchise role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Cant blame a young actor for taking a major franchise role.
    Indeed, it got his name out there, and made him a shitload of money.... enough that he can now spend his time making smaller indie films that showcase his talent.

But all anyone sees is SpArKlEvAmP