Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I agree with that. The trailer is all about the Riddler, with some fast scenes with the other villains. The next movie will probably put more emphasis on the Penguin. ANd they already said the third one will be about the Joker. Which we already see some hints of in the trailer.
    It will be good to see a movie focused on the Riddler. He is such an underrated Batman villain. Sure we already saw him done wrong, but we can hopefully see him done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Fun fact: Christian Bale overdid the muscle gain and Christopher Nolan actually made him lose some of the weight.
    Yup I do remember reading that and I applaud the effort he puts into his roles, even if it's extreme sometimes. Not asking that much from Pattinson, just that he at least looks like he put some effort in, in any case we'll see when the movie comes out.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Yup I do remember reading that and I applaud the effort he puts into his roles, even if it's extreme sometimes. Not asking that much from Pattinson, just that he at least looks like he put some effort in, in any case we'll see when the movie comes out.
    This movie is pretty much the start of batman. Be weird if he was peak buff straight away.

You may have also noticed the tactical boots. This is a batman in progress learning who he is and isn't any where near close to his final form so to speak. Not saying Robert will get buff for more films but it makes sense within the context of the character/movie
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Will it be PG13...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I can't imagine if Kurt Cobain was alive he'd be even remotely okay with his song being remixed and used on a Hollywood superhero movie.

Other than that, it looks better than I thought it would.
    But the song worked, didn't it? We know Dave Grohl and Novosilec cash in on Nirvana all the time. My 90s teenage self feels bad that the song was used....but I fucking love that song.

I kind of equate it to that Metallica song in the Punisher trailer....30 years after the fact, I feel like it only brings more attention to the music, rather than it be "selling out."

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I didn't get the impression he was hitting him that many times because he needed to to knock him out. I got the impression he was hitting him that many times because he wanted to. As seen by the fact that when the guy is already on the ground, he just continues to pummel him in the face. I think it's a choice, because he's pissed off.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeffree Wright is a goddamn amazing actor though. I have no problems with it. And Jim Gordon is too important in the Batman universe to be written as a new character. Hell, his daughter becomes one of Batman's closest confidantes/sidekicks.
    Yeah, that’s what I meant about if it’s supposed to be going down a darker route and he was hitting him because of anger or at his wits end.
    As far as a new character, I didn’t mean writing Jim Gordon as a new character. I meant leave Gordon as he is and just make up new characters that can be in the spotlight. Make a rookie or a new detective, or even someone from the comics that people might not know like Lucius Fox. New characters can be just as amazing and prolific, hence why I brought up Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    But the song worked, didn't it? We know Dave Grohl and Novosilec cash in on Nirvana all the time. My 90s teenage self feels bad that the song was used....but I fucking love that song.

I kind of equate it to that Metallica song in the Punisher trailer....30 years after the fact, I feel like it only brings more attention to the music, rather than it be "selling out."
    Courtney Love owns 90% of Nirvana. It was most likely just a cash grab for her.

Ya, it wasn't bad and helped set a tone. Still kind of sad seeing someones music get used, whom if they were alive, would never have allowed it because it goes against their artistic integrity.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-08-23 at 06:23 PM.

Patterson just does not look like batman.. to feminine for the roll. (nothing against him personally as an actor)

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Hopefully they keep the weight in the fights throughout the entire movie like when he wailed on the guy in the trailer. Not sure if I'm 100% sold on the Wayne look, but I hopefully will be persuaded when I see the context of it.

The new flash film? How big of a roll will he have?
    I enjoyed Afflecks methodical and raw power, we just got to see so little of...
    Surprised that Ezra Miller is still in the film after video of supposedly choking a fan in Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Big red flag for this movie is the number of main players they are introducing in an origin film. Batman. Catwoman. Penguin. Riddler. Add in the rest of the normal Batman entourage (Alfred, policemen, etc), and it's hard to stuff that many characters into 2 or even 3 hours.
    Yeah...overall it "looks" good but...I'm stepping back on my enthusiasm.
    Characterization will suffer if some shown aren't just cameos.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Bale really reks his body, that was his pre-Batman role:

Regarding Pattinson, it's really weird. He looks great in the costume, completely non-Bruce Wayne w/o it (looks waaay to young). And someone should be fired from the marketing team for that thumbnail shot. Holy crap, was bad.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-23 at 07:04 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I think concerns about Pattinson's appearance are overblown. Like, sure...he's got longer hair and less clean cut than we're used to seeing on Bruce Wayne, but I don't see it as a big deal.

The biggest thing people were talking about before Suicide Squad came out was that Joker's ridiculous appearance...but it turned out that that was the least of that movies problems. Appearances aren't everything. Maybe this version of the character simply hasn't perfected the dual persona yet; projecting the cool, collected playboy/businessman Bruce vs the brutal Batman.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-08-23 at 08:16 PM.

I liked the trailer a lot. But ....Iam starting to think the Pattinson would be a great a Terry McGinnis (in appeareance)

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I liked the trailer a lot. But ....Iam starting to think the Pattinson would be a great a Terry McGinnis (in appeareance)
    Yeah, he does kinda have that look.

Looks like a high budget Batman fan film and I don’t mean that as a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I think concerns about Pattinson's appearance are overblown. Like, sure...he's got longer hair and less clean cut than we're used to seeing on Bruce Wayne, but I don't see it as a big deal.

The biggest thing people were talking about before Suicide Squad came out was that Joker's ridiculous appearance...but it turned out that that was the least of that movies problems. Appearances aren't everything. Maybe this version of the character simply hasn't perfected the dual persona yet; projecting the cool, collected playboy/businessman Bruce vs the brutal Batman.
    Spoiler alert. The left picture isn't Bruce Wayne. The right picture IS Bruce Wayne.

The left is Thomas Elliot.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    Spoiler alert. The left picture isn't Bruce Wayne. The right picture IS Bruce Wayne.

The left is Thomas Elliot.
    doubtful.

Riddler is the main villain of the movie. Doubt they would blow batman's ID for a sub plot in the first movie.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Clooney was the worst.

"Batman credit card! I never leave the cave without it!"
    Worst than Lewis G. Wilson or Robert Lowery?

That moment when batman goes emo and looks more like a joker .... gonna be a weird movie ... at least

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

These stills actual remind me of their attempts to make Christian Bale a "young" Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins, when he comes back from Princeton to attend Joe Chill's parole hearing. Longer hair, skinnier, a bit of a babyface. This could be a purposeful look for a Batman origin where he's starting in his early 20s instead of his 30s.