Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What's with all of the stupid "emo" comments? So his hair is longer, that's not really emo. Are you talking about the eyeshadow? Most Batman's all have that on their eyes, it just somehow "magically" disappears when they take the mask off, literally every time. But here it doesn't. I think that his appearance is very deliberate. I think that his very over aggressiveness in combat really does sort of imply a "younger" Batman, just like how Affleck's Batman had a similar aggressive, brutal way about him, when he was an older Batman. The one we're used to seeing more the middle man.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I mean it could work, just seems like a lot crammed in one film. Makes the first villain seem less interesting if you've already got 2 queued up behind him who are potentially bigger.
    This is Batman, a character with one of the most iconic rogues galleries in comics. There's always going to be more villains queued up behind the current one...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This is Batman, a character with one of the most iconic rogues galleries in comics. There's always going to be more villains queued up behind the current one...
    Doesn't always mean you have to throw multiple at once. Because then you have to give them some screen time, maybe a little backstory. Look how messy Suicide Squad was in that regard.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Doesn't always mean you have to throw multiple at once. Because then you have to give them some screen time, maybe a little backstory. Look how messy Suicide Squad was in that regard.
    Has there been a Batman movie that hasn't had multiple villains in it? Even the one from 89 had Harvey Dent as a side character.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    doubtful.

Riddler is the main villain of the movie. Doubt they would blow batman's ID for a sub plot in the first movie.
    The guy with duck tape isn't the riddler. It's Hush. It would make zero sense for that to be Riddler. The Riddler is giving clues as to who Hush is while working with Hush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good that Ben Affleck is back as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    The guy with duck tape isn't the riddler. It's Hush. It would make zero sense for that to be Riddler. The Riddler is giving clues as to who Hush is while working with Hush.
    Yeah thats possible I guess, they could be working together.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

I can see it working as a younger batman.

Now it rests on his ability to actually perform this role.

I mean it could work, just seems like a lot crammed in one film. Makes the first villain seem less interesting if you've already got 2 queued up behind him who are potentially bigger.
    I think they've made enough superhero films by now to get the balance better.

So its more infinity war than say amazing spider man 2 where theres too much shit going on and the story gets drowned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    Unless they go with the animated film story of Riddler was Hush even tho it was a terrible twist

So its more infinity war than say amazing spider man 2 where theres too much shit going on and the story gets drowned out.
    That particular comparison would only work if they don't insist on doing an origin story for all of these characters in the same movie. But if the writers are competent enough, and the studio is confident enough to trust that the audience can just go with it and let the story happen naturally, it should be fine.

I seriously hope they leave out the obligatory "death of the Wayne's" scene in this movie, though. We've seen that on screen almost as many times as we've had EMP explained to us.

This has nothing to do with Batflec and is a solo project with no shared universe or no connections to previous DC works.

Eh, probably just the director realises its really weird/stupid that batmans eyepaint under the cowl magically disappears when he removes the cowl in previous movies. He uses paint to help blend in with the mask.

I always found that jarring that Batman would always have time to scrub it off when switching back to Bruce. So nice to see the director knows his stuff.

This looks like a very grim dark batman and I am Keen! R patz looks ready to smash it.

Also if that is the kinda trailer they can cut with scraps of filming before the covid shut down holy hell what is the final product gonna be
    It's going to have connections once the flashpoint story is introduced in the movies. The unifying narrative that allows for some very interesting and exciting moments in the movie/tv show universe

Wow, looks like dogshit. The Dark Knight trilogy is the only decent attempt at Batman movies. Tim Burton ones were meh, I don't like that wacky style

True, but it was mostly Batman and Ras, which worked well because Ras was part of Batman’s origin story. Scarecrow and Falcone had minor parts and I don’t even know who the other two are.

I question making the Riddler, Catwoman, and Penguin minor characters, which is what’s necessary to make this movie about Batman given it’s an origin film. It’s too much.
    How do you not know who Joe Chill is in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Has there been a Batman movie that hasn't had multiple villains in it? Even the one from 89 had Harvey Dent as a side character.
    A side character...with zero impact on the story. It could have been anyone as the DA in that situation. No back story, barely any screen time...just a glorified cameo appearance. Joker was the only Bat-Villain in that movie. Also, it was the best of the Burton-Schumaker movies.

He was not set up to a be a future villain at all. They disregarded him so much that they even recast him with Tommy Lee Jones when they decided to actually use Two-Face and they just slapped a two second origin story on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Good that Ben Affleck is back as Batman.
    I mean, he's back as Batman for the Flash movie...which is likely just a small part. And of course he'll be in the Snyder cut of JL. But he's not back as Batman in any long term sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Edward Sissy Hands.
    This is really cringe

another batman with the same boring villains

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I think concerns about Pattinson's appearance are overblown. Like, sure...he's got longer hair and less clean cut than we're used to seeing on Bruce Wayne, but I don't see it as a big deal.

The biggest thing people were talking about before Suicide Squad came out was that Joker's ridiculous appearance...but it turned out that that was the least of that movies problems. Appearances aren't everything. Maybe this version of the character simply hasn't perfected the dual persona yet; projecting the cool, collected playboy/businessman Bruce vs the brutal Batman.
    Batman is a disturbed due driven by controlled rage and vengeance. Bruce Wayne is his mask. That photo looks like a man on edge, someone who is tired of the corruption in Gothem of about to do something about it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    This is really cringe
    Especially since Robert Pattinson is also starring in a little film called Tenet and all the best directors want to work with him.

I guess hes good enough for Chris Nolan but not random internet users kek.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Batman is a disturbed due driven by controlled rage and vengeance. Bruce Wayne is his mask. That photo looks like a man on edge, someone who is tired of the corruption in Gotham of about to do something about it.
    That's what I meant: this could be him before he learned to put on the mask of Bruce Wayne.

...or it could just be that they thought he looked good with that haircut. /shrug

Either way, we should all be so lucky if him having "emo" hair is the worst criticism people have of the movie.