Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I didn't say "a success". Wonder Woman was the high point of the entire franchise until Shazam came along.

You mean they were placated by her appearance in Batman v Superman, a film where people bitched to high heaven that Ben Affleck was cast as Batman.

If you're going to accuse people of washing away history maybe you could try getting it right yourself. Also, I did exactly no washing as I merely cited another male example of exactly the same thing happening with Hugh Jackman. I did again in this post with Ben Affleck. Are you beginning to see my point yet?
    I mean, I've modded this subforum now for like, what, 6 years, and I don't remember this Ben Affleck outrage. People wondered if he could play the part, but it rose nowhere near the level often cited towards female superheroes. There was a bigger question about whether Heath Ledger could be the Joker. Unfortunately, these forums didn't even exist when Hugh Jackman was cast as Wolverine in 2000, so I can't speak to that in terms of the online reaction, but seeing as I had just graduated high school, and was a pretty big movie buff, I don't remember people being that upset about Hugh's height either.

And here's the thing about the Gal Gadot thing: people bitched even after her appearance in BvS. They said she looked too skinny, and her costume was too dark, and they could barely understand her, or some shit like that. Then the marketing for Wonder Woman started, and people bitched about that.

It wasn't until the actual movie came out that people thought, "Hey, maybe she's fine for this role." And they did that with a script which ended up making Wonder Woman look like an indecisive, lovesick girl, like every trope ever, and being badass only in her action sequences. I guess that was the right "balance."

Citation needed.

Please explain the success of Wonder Woman, the character who is the only good part of the shit stain of a film that is Batman v Superman and her own film is widely regarded as the best of the DCEU (though Shazam is a contender now), while you're at it.
    I thought Aquaman was considered the best DCEU film? If not, I personally think it is.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2019-05-30 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Typo
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I thought Aquaman was considered the best DCEU film? If not, I personally thought think it is.
    you mean post the dark knight right?

Probably a Tie really.

A lot of people dont like the ending of Wonder Woman which is kinda valid.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Probably a Tie really.

A lot of people dont like the ending of Wonder Woman which is kinda valid.
    Yeah, the ending was shit.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Yeah, the ending was shit.
    yeah would have been nice to see Princess DIANA do something outside of a CGI battle.

CGI battles are so egh
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

[Banned for inflammatory drive-by posting]
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, I've modded this subforum now for like, what, 6 years, and I don't remember this Ben Affleck outrage. People wondered if he could play the part, but it rose nowhere near the level often cited towards female superheroes. There was a bigger question about whether Heath Ledger could be the Joker. Unfortunately, these forums didn't even exist when Hugh Jackman was cast as Wolverine in 2000, so I can't speak to that in terms of the online reaction, but seeing as I had just graduated high school, and was a pretty big movie buff, I don't remember people being that upset about Hugh's height either.

And here's the thing about the Gal Gadot thing: people bitched even after her appearance in BvS. They said she looked too skinny, and her costume was too dark, and they could barely understand her, or some shit like that. Then the marketing for Wonder Woman started, and people bitched about that.

It wasn't until the actual movie came out that people thought, "Hey, maybe she's fine for this role." And they did that with a script which ended up making Wonder Woman look like an indecisive, lovesick girl, like every trope ever, and being badass only in her action sequences. I guess that was the right "balance."
    If you're judging outrage solely by what you see on these forums then you have selected a ridiculously small metric by which to judge things.
    I thought Aquaman was considered the best DCEU film? If not, I personally think it is.
    They seem to be held in equal regard in some circles but due to the lack of controversy (other than some stupid people trying to accuse Mamoa of abusing his kids) it tends to go unmentioned most of the time.
    you mean post the dark knight right?
    The Dark Knight trilogy is not considered part of the DCEU.

---

Oh yeah, and then there's the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor. I mean... Wow.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2019-05-30 at 01:15 PM.

I mean, I think this trailer was shit, but let's not wash away the history of the outrage at Wonder Woman, before it released. From Gal Gadot's "skinniness" to her accent, to the marketing campaign which touted her as the first-female led superhero movie, etc, the rage was very similar to what Captain Marvel received, except it's now more in the past.

And then people were placated by the movie.
    The difference between Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel. Is that Wonder Woman proved the early Naysayers wrong. Captain Marvel was the shitstain everyone expected it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The difference between Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel. Is that Wonder Woman proved the early Naysayers wrong. Captain Marvel was the shitstain everyone expected it to be.
    Wut, Captain Marvel was a perfectly fine Marvel movie.

I mean, I've modded this subforum now for like, what, 6 years, and I don't remember this Ben Affleck outrage"
    You have selective or short memory then. There were calls for boycotts of the movie itself, of DC as a whole, people proclaiming the movie DOA as soon as Affleck was announced, there was a BOATLOAD of outrage over Affleck being cast.

If you're judging outrage solely by what you see on these forums then you have selected a ridiculously small metric by which to judge things.
    This forum is like, one of the most outraged corner of the internet. You'd have to go to 4chan or worse to get more outraged. You hear more objective opinions on reddit. If I don't remember outrage on this forum, I find it hard to believe it existed in a broader context.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You have selective or short memory then. There were calls for boycotts of the movie itself, of DC as a whole, people proclaiming the movie DOA as soon as Affleck was announced, there was a BOATLOAD of outrage over Affleck being cast.
    Really? Where? I don't remember that here.

[Banned for inflammatory drive-by posting]
    This forum is like, one of the most outraged corner of the internet. You'd have to go to 4chan or worse to get more outraged. You hear more objective opinions on reddit. If I don't remember outrage on this forum, I find it hard to believe it existed in a broader context.
    I don't care how extreme things swing, this forum is too small to extrapolate onto anything. Hell, this subforum is less active than the video game discussion subforum and I would laugh if people used topics over there as useful metrics.

Really? Where? I don't remember that here.
    It most certainly was here. If you don't remember it, as I said, your memory is either selective or flawed.

yeah would have been nice to see Princess DIANA do something outside of a CGI battle.

CGI battles are so egh
    That was my biggest issue with Endgame. Yet another CGI army VS CGI army where the battle just rages on in a blur. I was hoping for Avengers and Co, VS Thanos and lieutenants.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

New teaser trailer and it's received terribly like the first one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWNUTTPGKwQ

I don't get what the teaser wants to show. It doesn't look Batwoman related at all. All I see is Ruby Rose giving money and a watch to a homeless girl. Oh, that's a surprisingly good looking bum girl. Clean fingernails, clean, well-kept and dyed hair, clean clothes, doesn't look malnourished, seems to be wearing a bit of make up. It doesn't look realistic. Who knows, she might use the money to buy drugs and OD, all because Batwoman wanted to prove a point to a guard.

Comments are more entertaining.
    Who's writing this shit anyway?

That... that's a lot of dislikes.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi