Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Uggh. Ruby Rose is a fucking horrid actress. This looks like hot trash.
    I googled Ruby Rose and I'm pretty sure that's Justin Bieber in drag.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Shit actress. Garbage premise. Unlikable main character.

And these attempts at trying to claim a woman can do a better job then a man because you have no original ideas of your own needs to die in a fire.

Wonder woman was successful without needed to emasculate men.
    WHEN they say that in the show ? WHEN ?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I want something with Hawk Girl in it but that would actually require a budget and a lack of retardation so DC isn't going to be doing that anytime soon.
    Ive really given up any hope for live action dc stuff to the point where I hope they don’t adapt stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, if people don't care she is a lesbian, it's certainly does not show in the user reviews.

Again : this is a bad TV show (how it's really worse than ''Legends of Tomorrow'', ''Supergirl'' 'and a lot of seasons of the Flash and Arrow is not adresed) but criticism against the plot as quite odd considering the general state of the plots of such shows.
    It's not actually that odd. Just using myself as an example, I don't watch those other shows because they look like shit. From what I've seen of them, they are roughly equally shit to Batwoman, agreed. But this one got caught up in a media frenzy so I thought I'd watch it to see if it really was shit, or if people were being sensitive assholes. It really is shit. There are better hills to fight on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it's on a sunday night which has a lot of competition - football, simpsons, walking dead etc. as for ratings they are low but that is across the board with CW programming - Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, Black Lightning, All American, Riverdale, Nancy Drew, Supernatural, Legacies, Charmed and Dynasty are all roughly the same in terms of ratings so by the CW standard they are probably doing ok.
    2nd episode was down 36% from the first, the 3rd episode is down a further 15% . Batwoman debuted at 1.8 million, the other Arrow verse shows debuted in the 4.5-6 million viewer range . No matter how you spin in Batwoman is a train wreck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because of how amazing it is?
    Bwhahahahaha...wait are you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Oh boy. So amazing. I can't wait for more fight scenes where Kate just stands there waiting for people to hit her. And then there's the fire/explosion effects that look like someone paid their high school aged nephew to do. And I absolutely love how there's a COMPLETE LACK OF ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLING DETECTIVE WORK DONE BY ANYONE AT ALL IN THE SHOW.

Kate claims to have one of Alice's knives and says Colonel Kane should run it for prints/DNA. He not only doesn't do that but he also doesn't question why she has it.

A fucking bat signal was lit up and the ONLY person who noticed was Kate? It's not like Alice even turned it off while they were talking, it's on for the entire scene!

Alice was literally in the Kane home, the Colonel knows she was playing their cello, and yet it does not occur to him to run it for prints or to search for any potential DNA left behind by her.

This show is an achievement in ineptitude. There is a complete disregard for logic and sanity and it is glorious to watch it all and see people praise this with a straight face.
    The bat signal was also tiny as fuck yet lit up the sky? That light used would barely make it to the next building. And the fucking Vesper Fairchild raido voice overs between scenes....Jesus they are terrible.

And Foxx tells Kate These weapons are for Batman, only he knows how to use them correctly, so of course with out any training , she is using them.

And and she is flying down the raod on her motorcycle in the bat suit, the cape is barely moving. But its the same exact fucking motorcycle she drives around town in . No one notices. And since when did Chicago become Gotham?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ive really given up any hope for live action dc stuff to the point where I hope they don’t adapt stuff.
    After that Birds of Prey extended trailer, OOF, can't blame you. At this point, I'd want Disney to buy DC or Time Warner, whatever it would take to put Kevin Feige in charge of adapting DC movies. DC is so out of touch and missing the comic book movie adaptations gravy train that it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    And and she is flying down the raod on her motorcycle in the bat suit, the cape is barely moving. But its the same exact fucking motorcycle she drives around town in . No one notices. And since when did Chicago become Gotham?
    It seems the cape is CGI because riding a motorcycle while wearing a cape is REALLY dangerous.

No joke. It's dangerous. Don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    After that Birds of Prey extended trailer, OOF, can't blame you. At this point, I'd want Disney to buy DC or Time Warner, whatever it would take to put Kevin Feige in charge of adapting DC movies. DC is so out of touch and missing the comic book movie adaptations gravy train that it's not even funny.
    It looks kinda average. Which, in context, is probably a better position for a live action DC movie since I don't think they can ever recapture the beautiful ridiculous cheese of Aquaman.

But please don't joke about Disney acquiring them. I'm already scared that they'll buy Hasbro in the future and somehow fuck up DnD.

Shit actress. Garbage premise. Unlikable main character.

And these attempts at trying to claim a woman can do a better job then a man because you have no original ideas of your own needs to die in a fire.

Wonder woman was successful without needed to emasculate men.
    I've watched the episodes so far and it's mind boggling they used that line to promote the show so hard. The show itself, she's made no claim of being better than a man nor even that she's better than Batman. She's actually suggested otherwise. Just the line that the suit will be perfect when it fits a woman (since she can't wear it if it's sized for Bruce).

She's keeping a journal where she's writing FOR Bruce, so she can explain herself when he presumably one day returns. She's stated she can't be Batman, she can't do what he did. She even adopts the red emblem and hair so it's clear she's not Batman, but not for the "I want credit for what I do" but moreso to make it clear Batman isn't back out of concern for what his villains might do if they think it's really him.

Yet the commercials and promos continue to give a totally different vibe.

people probably think thats a weakness, but batmans problem is he keeps repeating the same mistakes of sending his foes to a place they never get rehabilitated in, or shows any real compassion for them, considering many of his foes have tragic backstories. In wonder womans case, she seemed to actually try at least.
    Bruce arguably does try. How many stories does he try to give Harley a second chance? Try to help Freeze? It's more of a glaring black mark on Gotham itself that Arkham is just so horribly inept at its job for rehabilitation. Well, that and the need for new stories with iconic villains...

And Foxx tells Kate These weapons are for Batman, only he knows how to use them correctly, so of course with out any training , she is using them.
    I interpreted that as knowing how they work and their simple use is one thing, but Bruce knows how to employ them to their full ability. Using the grappling hook versus using it to anchor a car properly so its secured (y'know, if said car isn't faulty) in an instant while still pursuing someone, for instance.

And since when did Chicago become Gotham?
    Hasn't Gotham always been a blend of Chicago and Detroit while Metropolis is kind of an entire city akin to Manhattan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It looks kinda average. Which, in context, is probably a better position for a live action DC movie since I don't think they can ever recapture the beautiful ridiculous cheese of Aquaman.

But please don't joke about Disney acquiring them. I'm already scared that they'll buy Hasbro in the future and somehow fuck up DnD.
    I went into Aquaman ready to think it was going to be dogshit and I was blown away with how much I enjoyed that movie. It owns all of the silliness and ended up being one of my favorite DC movies in this latest iteration.

This thread has gone way off-topic with talks about agendas and social politics. Those topics are more appropriate for GenOT. Keep discussion here civil and about the actual media itself.

As an aside, I don't understand people's problem with this show. It's been obvious for about 5 years that the CW Arrowverse shows have been aiming themselves at a millennial, under-25 audience. I compare it to the Netflix Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and Riverdale, in terms of intended audience. To continue to complain that these superhero shows that are obviously trying to bring in what has always been the most important demo in television, instead of catering to characters who were invented in the 60s and who most of you encountered in the 80s and 90s is.....well, silly as hell. When I was a teenager/young 20s, it was shows like the OC, and Dawson's Creek that filled that gap - nowadays, because of the popularity of the MCU, those shows often have a superhero skin over them.

I don't think Batwoman is a good show. It certainly isn't aimed at me. Guess what - I don't watch it. There's too much good cinema and television in the world to give a shit about a bad CW show, which, hint, all of them are.

2nd episode was down 36% from the first, the 3rd episode is down a further 15% . Batwoman debuted at 1.8 million, the other Arrow verse shows debuted in the 4.5-6 million viewer range . No matter how you spin in Batwoman is a train wreck

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The bat signal was also tiny as fuck yet lit up the sky? That light used would barely make it to the next building. And the fucking Vesper Fairchild raido voice overs between scenes....Jesus they are terrible.

Because it's filmed in Vancouver for budget reasons and no amount of trickery can make Vancouver looks like New York ?

I'm in that age range and it certainly doesn't appeal to me or anyone else I know, but that's just anecdotal I suppose. And at this point, most millennials are over 25, so I think it's more accurate to say it's aimed at Gen zers. Granted, it hasn't been well established exactly where that age range is yet.

I'm 38, I have no idea the difference between millennials and gen Z.

Millennials are people born between 1981 and 1996. Gen Z is anyone born in 1997 or later.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Millennials are people born between 1981 and 1996. Gen Z is anyone born in 1997 or later.
    Thank you. That is actually very informative.

The original Batwomen was a different character yet with the same name. She ended as a character in 1979 with this new one showing up on 2006.

They are different characters like how say there Batman who laughs and default Batman are both Bruce but are clearly not the same person.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Katherine_Kane_(Earth-One)
    Not exactly an apt comparison. The new Batwoman is a different character to Katherine Kane that simply happens to share a name with her. While Batman Who Laughs is an AU doppelganger of Bruce Wane that got fucked up by the Joker of his universe.

Weren't you open to change?

Not in the slightest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Not exactly an apt comparison. The new Batwoman is a different character to Katherine Kane that simply happens to share a name with her. While Batman Who Laughs is an AU doppelganger of Bruce Wane that got fucked up by the Joker of his universe.
    Good point, I guess she’s more like the new and old Wally west? But they still have the same family connections so that’s still a bit off. There’s Proabbly other character who just share a name and nothing else but I can’t say any come to mind off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well we just got official word that Netflix has ended their contract with CW, so their shows won't be on Netflix anymore.
    Thank goodness. The trailer had me in a perpetual state of cringe.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Good point, I guess she’s more like the new and old Wally west? But they still have the same family connections so that’s still a bit off. There’s Proabbly other character who just share a name and nothing else but I can’t say any come to mind off the top of my head.
    They brought in the original so they could say "look Batman's not gay!" then deleted her from continuity and brought in the new one who is his cousin.

I guess Mr. Freeze is in this category. I don't even remember what his origin was before then BTAS made the greatest episode of a cartoon ever and the comics changed his origin.