Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Again: I have to reiterate; take your talking points of social agendas and politics to GenOT. I've been out all night and need to go to bed, but further derailing of this thread will receive infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Netflix canceled them, but it's too much of a coincidence that Marvel's streaming service just happened to be a thing soon.
    And the Gifted was the best thing to happen for mutants. Unlike the milquetoast "Agents of SHIELD" The Gifted had a bit of suspense to it. It had all the elements that led to the totalitarian state of Future Past...and it felt like it. Too much so...it was a real downer. I wanted a next season to see how things might improve...
    Cloak and Dagger was also canceled...and the Ghost Rider series was also scrapped. Legion also canceled...
    Thats because Kevin Feige is now Chief creative officer of MArvel and now controls the movies as well as TV. It was known that when he took over he would be cleaning house and getting rid of most of the TV shows because he has plans

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Again: I have to reiterate; take your talking points of social agendas and politics to GenOT. I've been out all night and need to go to bed, but further derailing of this thread will receive infractions.
    Kind of hard to do that when Batwoman and Supergirl are centered around and focused on Social Agendas and Politics. This being a OT forum anyway, what matter if here or Gen OT?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Kind of hard to do that when Batwoman and Supergirl are centered around and focused on Social Agendas and Politics. This being a OT forum anyway, what matter if here or Gen OT?
    I can't speak to Supergirl but the funny thing about Batwoman is that the show itself isn't really about agenda pushing, but the promotion for the show is damn near nothing but agenda pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I can't speak to Supergirl but the funny thing about Batwoman is that the show itself isn't really about agenda pushing, but the promotion for the show is damn near nothing but agenda pushing.
    Agreed, but it is ultimately still a part of the show; it's one of the most talked about aspects of it, which is partly why I find these arbitrary lines confusing and hard to stay within.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watched first episode. What a shitshow by nowadays standards of TV-series. Technically its okay by CW standarts, but the plot, characters including boring protagonist, and action are pure shite. Not gonna continue.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2019-10-26 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Agreed, but it is ultimately still a part of the show; it's one of the most talked about aspects of it, which is partly why I find these arbitrary lines confusing and hard to stay within.
    Yeah This is a issue here. dont talk about Social agendas or politics, even though it is part of the show. From What I understand, as the season goes on, it gets more and more integrated
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

You can talk about things that happen in the show - like the few cringe inducing lines initially seen in the trailer - within the context of the show. For example, someone mentioned earlier that the trailer cut up of a line about "the suit'll be perfect when it fits a woman" not really relating to how the character feels and reveres Bruce Wayne is on-topic. But relating it to real life, IE talking about whatever-wave feminism you're angry about now, or incel culture, or whatever, is strictly offtopic for this forum, and belongs in the cesspool which is GenOT.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You can talk about things that happen in the show - like the few cringe inducing lines initially seen in the trailer - within the context of the show. For example, someone mentioned earlier that the trailer cut up of a line about "the suit'll be perfect when it fits a woman" not really relating to how the character feels and reveres Bruce Wayne is on-topic. But relating it to real life, IE talking about whatever-wave feminism you're angry about now, or incel culture, or whatever, is strictly offtopic for this forum, and belongs in the cesspool which is GenOT.
    Don´t talk about anything i don´t like bcs i´m a mod and that´s in any sction you´re modding...

Discussing moderation isn't allowed. Infracted.
    If you have concerns or questions you can PM us.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-10-29 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Not really. It doesn't matter how many people dislike your show if enough people are still watching it.

The reality check is whether the show can keep advertisers.

- - - Updated - - -

https://tvline.com/2019/10/25/batwom...-count-the-cw/

Seems like The CW is happy with it so far.
    It's called pushing a agenda...it isn't the first show that is tanking and has been renewed and it wont be the last.

Show is loosing viewers by the hundreds of thousands every week...it's a failure why renew it unless there is reasoning behind it. More popular shows have been cancelled for having superior numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    It's called pushing a agenda...it isn't the first show that is tanking and has been renewed and it wont be the last.

Show is loosing viewers by the hundreds of thousands every week...it's a failure why renew it unless there is reasoning behind it. More popular shows have been cancelled for having superior numbers...
    You must have missed this part:

Averaging 1.5 million total viewers and nearly a 0.4 demo rating (in Live+Same Day ratings) over its first three airings, Batwoman currently stands as The CW’s most watched series while trailing only The Flash in the demo.

I hear they've ordered another 9 episodes... sheesh.

You must have missed this part:

Averaging 1.5 million total viewers and nearly a 0.4 demo rating (in Live+Same Day ratings) over its first three airings, Batwoman currently stands as The CW’s most watched series while trailing only The Flash in the demo.
    While true, it does show how the CW shows have been dwindling over time. Flash/ Arrow were 4mil/3.5mil for a bit, but now are down in that same 1.5mil.

There's also the Supergirl example to sort of show how numbers compare to networks. CBS: 9mil, CW, 3mil
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    While true, it does show how the CW shows have been dwindling over time. Flash/ Arrow were 4mil/3.5mil for a bit, but now are down in that same 1.5mil.

There's also the Supergirl example to sort of show how numbers compare to networks. CBS: 9mil, CW, 3mil
    Yeah, but that's why Supergirl was moved from CBS to the CW...The CW doesn't really require those higher numbers to justify keeping their shows on the air. Compared even with the major networks most average shows..all the CW shows viewing numbers look paltry.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2019-10-28 at 10:39 PM.

Yeah, but that's why Supergirl was moved from CBS to the CW...The CW doesn't really require those higher numbers to justify keeping their shows on the air. Compared even with the major networks most average shows..all the CW shows viewing numbers look paltry.
    Right, I'm not saying the ratio is the same either (1/3 the ratings) since it's season 1 to season 2, just saying that reflects the kind of thing CW gets. So a 3mil showing for the CW is like a 9mil showing for a real network. (Of course, there's cost of show and stuff to factor into good/bad and all that.)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Right, I'm not saying the ratio is the same either (1/3 the ratings) since it's season 1 to season 2, just saying that reflects the kind of thing CW gets. So a 3mil showing for the CW is like a 9mil showing for a real network. (Of course, there's cost of show and stuff to factor into good/bad and all that.)
    My point is though, by the metrics the CW is using, Batwoman is a successful series. It's got the best overall numbers of any of their shows this year. If it were on CBS...sure, it would have already been pulled with numbers like that....but on the CW...it's good enough for a full season order.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm not sure what's more entertaining, reading the glowing reviews from the critics on RT about Batwoman or how they trashed Chappelles special a few months ago. I have no idea how some of these critics function.
    It's amazing how in the span of less than a month RT completely shattered any good will from audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not that much, as far i know.
    Then no offence but you don't know very much about this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Lol what? Batwoman got cancelled last year. She barely even has any history as a character, and to say she is popular at all is ridiculous. Batgirl is who you are thinking of, and she is in a wheelchair now.
    Why am I not surprised when people talking a lot of shit about comic book characters turn out to know fuck all about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    she is not more popular than other super heroes

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    For instance, when people call (a routine accusation) the actress ''ugly'' and ''looking like a man'', what they mean exactly ? Not 36 DD blonde ? I heard that there are movies with actresses fitting comic book physiques-those movies are lacking in SJW things like ''plot'' ''characterization'' ''dialogue'' or even ''clothes''

Because, seriously, when you say X is ''ugly'' or ''looking like a man'', you are looking like a fracking troll or have not heard of very advanced concepts like ''haircuts''.
    Sarah, this is a really sexist post. Implying that women can only be "DD Blonde" or "ugly and looking like a man..."

Where is the in between?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I do. I am curious by what metric you are claiming her to be popular.

Care to Batsplain it to me?