Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Hm it seems to share similarities with many of the superhero tv shows, in that it`s too clean, stilted, proper and formal.
    It comes across as acting for the camera not necesarrily portraying a character or a role.

The need to enforce female strength and power at the expense of men feels forced, nothing wrong with a strong female character
    and lead, but being abrasive and snide while demeaning others isn`t good character traits for a likeable lead character, especially a superhero.

On a personal note i`d like them to cast more intimidating people for these roles, women that are physically strong,
    would be quite refreshing to see a woman with the physique of say a crossfit athlete taking on the role.
    But the same people that push progressive messages in video entertainment....tend to be the same people that believe everyone on film needs to be "attractive." We want a strong woman! But a woman with muscles just isn't sexy.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's a pass from me.

Looking great, abit like the Dark Knight.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    That one's gonna be a Nope from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Looking great, abit like the Dark Knight.
    I'm going to pretend you didn't say anything....and move along.

This is going to be a fun SJW train wreck like Supergirl, wouldn't be surprised if each show tries to one up each other in their week to week topics.

It's the CW, I was under the impression only teenage girls watched that network anyways. Arrow, Flash, Legends, the Static Shock series, Supergirl have all been hot garbage for years, this just continues the trend of hot garbage.

I do find it funny, though, that Berlanti probably wants to do Superman and Batman but DC won't let these characters appear on live action on the small screen, not since Lois and Clark back in the 90s. Even in Gotham, it was all pre-Batman. So he's stuck doing Supergirl and Batwoman, and he has a formula from Supergirl that he seems to be just sticking onto this. At least Supergirl had an inferiority complex about her cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's the CW, I was under the impression only teenage girls watched that network anyways. Arrow, Flash, Legends, the Static Shock series, Supergirl have all been hot garbage for years, this just continues the trend of hot garbage.

I do find it funny, though, that Berlanti probably wants to do Superman and Batman but DC won't let these characters appear on live action on the small screen, not since Lois and Clark back in the 90s. Even in Gotham, it was all pre-Batman. So he's stuck doing Supergirl and Batwoman, and he has a formula from Supergirl that he seems to be just sticking onto this. At least Supergirl had an inferiority complex about her cousin.
    Superman apears in Supergirl and they even fight and Supergirl kicks his ass, there is no inferiority complex.

I'm sure she'll be looking to the sky looking for the Virtue Signal to call on her to save the day.

Fortunately, I won't be there to see it.

Superman apears in Supergirl and they even fight and Supergirl kicks his ass, there is no inferiority complex.
    And to this day, I find the Superman that appeared in that show to be far better than the one appearing in the newer movies.

But the series is not about him, is the point.

And I only watched the season which was on CBS, and the whole point of her backstory was her being insecure and having to overcome that.

Really just looks awful.

"Not gonna let a man take credit for a woman’s work"

*takes a man’s suit, gadgets, and hideout"

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Apparently no CW show will come to netflix any more

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/16/1...media-att-deal
    they have a free app, that has a new episode like the day after its broadcast with a few commercials.. why even wait for netflix ...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This was my biggest problem with Sabrina, I went into that series really pumped but my god the constant feminist messaging they tried to hammer in just goes far and beyond silly that I had to stop watching. It's right up there with the environmental messages in Captain Planet or Fern Gully. You don;t have to spell it out for us, it's 2019, women can do stuff we know.
    I'm not going to right-out disagree with you, since all you've said stands out, but I felt as if the most vocal characters who do that, namely Rosalind, also do it with a certain naive undertone. They are teenagers, they are expected to be overzealous and dramatic about most things. I haven't seen season 2 yet, though.

Whats the TV version of the Razzie.

Because this is up against Housewives of Miami or a Dr Phil Interview as worst tv.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would've much preferred Batgirl if anything from DC "Female Characters". At least Barbara is actually a well written character. Could've even had Tim Drake and gone right up until the Oracle Arc.

10+ Year Old Account

I believe she says everything I can express about this.

Uh oh, I just took credit for what a woman's said. Guess I'm a white misogynist now.

Is this what you want sjws? Does not trash like this appease you?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-05-18 at 10:21 AM.
    #boycottchina

Um... yikes.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Is it impossible for them to put a woman in a leading role without making her look like some "badass LGBT champion"? Don't have anything against the whole thing but it sure is a forced agenda these days.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..