Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
LastLast
  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You are aware that pretty much every single show pushes some sort of agenda right? they might be subtle about it but they almost all have agenda's
    I understand that but the ones i listed specifically are blatant and just in your face about it. Tired of all this Lesbo or transgender crap for these girls.. No wonder Batgirl is already canceled.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You are aware that pretty much every single show pushes some sort of agenda right? they might be subtle about it but they almost all have agenda's
    Subtlety is the key, and that's the art that has been lost. I would agree that most art/artists have some agenda behind their work. That said, when a show all but announces they are going to preach at me about what they consider morally right and wrong, I'm not going to bother watching, regardless of whether I agree with their moral values.

    I'm not watching TV to go to church and get preached at. I'm watching it to be entertained, and more often than not, I'm watching it to unwind and stop thinking about stuff.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  3. #583
    Watching the actual show probably kills less brain cells than reading this thread.

    Holy fuck.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Watching the actual show probably kills less brain cells than reading this thread.
    You say "probably", like you aren't sure how many brain cells are killed by watching the show. Are you saying both the show and this thread are good because they kill less brain cells than expected, or the show and this thread are bad because they kill more than expected brain cells?

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    I understand that but the ones i listed specifically are blatant and just in your face about it. Tired of all this Lesbo or transgender crap for these girls.. No wonder Batgirl is already canceled.
    What's Batgirl?

    Batwoman hasn't been canceled or renewed for season 2 yet. It was picked up for a full season 1 order about a month ago, however, weeks before similar orders for CW shows last year.

    I'm not really sure who's watching CW superhero shows expecting awesome writing.

  6. #586
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    You say "probably", like you aren't sure how many brain cells are killed by watching the show. Are you saying both the show and this thread are good because they kill less brain cells than expected, or the show and this thread are bad because they kill more than expected brain cells?
    You overthunk it and probably tripled the assumed dead brain cell count.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    You overthunk it and probably tripled the assumed dead brain cell count.
    Most people use words to convey a thought or a message, but I admit, you got me. I should have known better.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  8. #588
    After 7 agonizing episodes I think I m gonna give a hard pass on this piece of turd.
    How did this writing even go past the planning phase?
    Leaving the cringe worthy social agenda pushing bullshit aside since every show and movie seems hellbent on including that nowdays the whole show just makes no sense.
    Are we supposed to like the protagonist? Because I m pretty sure most super hero shows/movies want you to root for the protagonist (minus a few exceptions like dr strange being an asshole at the start of the movie but being redeemed later).
    In this case it doesnt seem like shes going to have any redeeming factors. There are so many plot holes that are forced to work just for the show to continue.
    Why didn't Kate bring the knife for the DNA test herself? Why on earth does she resent her father so much even though half the things she blames him for are not even his own fault? Why is the step mother facing no charges? Hell the worse thing that happens to her after what she did was getting divorced. Why is Kate letting criminals go free?
    This show is an absolute shit show.
    But I m sure people will find a way to combat this shows abysmal ratings with "misogynist white males are doing this on purpose because their masculinity is fragile".

  9. #589
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Are we supposed to like the protagonist? Because I m pretty sure most super hero shows/movies want you to root for the protagonist
    Yes, you're supposed to like the protagonist. Why wouldn't you root for a person who got kicked out of military school for being them self? Or are we only supposed to root for people who quietly operate their cog in life?

    I should also point out this element of the character is very similar to the comics.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2019-11-22 at 02:45 PM.

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Yes, you're supposed to like the protagonist. Why wouldn't you root for a person who got kicked out of military school for being them self? Or are we only supposed to root for people who quietly operate their cog in life?

    I should also point out this element of the character is very similar to the comics.
    You seem to missinterpret me. I dont hate batwoman as a character. I hate Ruby Roses portrayal of batwoman. In addition to all the things I mentioned in my post that make her unlikable I m not going to simply sympathize and root for her because she was being herself in the military. Do I feel sorry for a lesbian being kicked out of the military simply because of her sexual orientation? Absolutely. Is this enough to make me root for a character that is unlikable in every other way? Not really.

  11. #591
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    You seem to missinterpret me. I dont hate batwoman as a character. I hate Ruby Roses portrayal of batwoman. In addition to all the things I mentioned in my post that make her unlikable I m not going to simply sympathize and root for her because she was being herself in the military. Do I feel sorry for a lesbian being kicked out of the military simply because of her sexual orientation? Absolutely. Is this enough to make me root for a character that is unlikable in every other way? Not really.
    And those others way are? Didn't you feel bad for her in episode 7? She didn't get the girl! Rose actually acted above the script!

  12. #592
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    And those others way are? Didn't you feel bad for her in episode 7? She didn't get the girl! Rose actually acted above the script!
    I m starting to believe you re trolling at this point.

  13. #593
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I m starting to believe you re trolling at this point.
    Actually I'm not. I've tried to avoid criticizing Rose's acting mainly because its unfair to judge the actor when that actor is working with a bad script. A great actor can elevate bad material but not everyone can be great. So far its mostly been a neutral delivery of bad material.

    If I had to breakdown the episode it would be like:
    Romance! - 6/10 Rose and the writers actually delivered for a change.
    Batwing - 6/10 Dude's actually getting better at this
    Fight Scenes - 3/10 Sigh
    Fake Caity Lotz - 2/10 Since when did Alfred have the time to have kids?!?! I thought Batman ate all of his free time.
    Dougray Scott as Kane - 2/10 He's been having a Mathew Goode as Ozmandius moment all fucking season.
    Dougray Scott as Mouse - 5/10 Oh wait, the professional actor showed up to work this time.

  14. #594
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    13,778
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    I understand that but the ones i listed specifically are blatant and just in your face about it. Tired of all this Lesbo or transgender crap for these girls.. No wonder Batgirl is already canceled.
    So then it’s not really about pushing agenda’s it’s about rather a show does it well or not.

  15. #595
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I see that you got banned but I'll just leave this thought for others.

    Why are female characters only considered "strong" when men feel pleasure?

    Batwoman is strictly speaking a pretty strong character.... when written by Greg Rucka. Who is responsible for creating the modern interpretation of the character. Others might have written it well since he left the various titles. I haven't kept up. The show isn't doing her any favours however. Its a strong creation held down by some inept writing and direction.
    How disingenuous saying batmam is good when everyone admits it's terrible.

  16. #596
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    How disingenuous saying batmam is good when everyone admits it's terrible.
    The character existed before the TV show. Is Batman somehow magically shitty because of the Batman and Robin movie?

  17. #597
    I could only make it 5 episodes in. I can't stand it anymore. The writing and the show is beyond awful. She keeps letting her murdering sister go even after she admits she won't stop. Luke Fox is basically just a token black guy who serves no real purpose. She rides the same motorcycle into and out of the building when shes dressed up or not. The show spends more time on her love flashbacks and its really getting to be to much cringe for me to handle. She's somehow a professional at everything but has had no training because she's a woman. I'm so tired of these virtue signaling shows. I'm not sure who the show is even for. It's not for comic book fans or people who like watching shows based on comic books. Female reviewers that I have seen don't even like it. They are trying to cater to this small LBGTQ community and virtue signalling people which explains why the ratings have been dropping like crazy. They are going next level cringe for a small percentage of the population. I have nothing against them but the show is so cringe between the bad writing and that.

    Thankfully the Black Widow trailer looks amazing and I'm looking forward to that. I literally cannot wait for Black Widow.

  18. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The character existed before the TV show. Is Batman somehow magically shitty because of the Batman and Robin movie?
    im pointing the specific show not the character

  19. #599
    Quote Originally Posted by avx81 View Post
    Luke Fox is basically just a token black guy who serves no real purpose.
    Somebody has to be Alfred, Lucius and/or Batwing.

    Quote Originally Posted by avx81 View Post
    She's somehow a professional at everything but has had no training because she's a woman.
    She was a top cadet at a military academy. Spent the next years training after getting booted out. Which was shown.

    Quote Originally Posted by avx81 View Post
    They are trying to cater to this small LBGTQ community and virtue signalling people which explains why the ratings have been dropping like crazy.
    At this point I'm entirely convinced that this isn't driven by politics but rather having pretty girls smooch on screen. Someone at the CW has seen Pornhub metrics.

    You should probably watch it until the Crisis crossover happens. I'll probably make much less of an effort afterwards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    im pointing the specific show not the character
    Say what you mean then instead of random hyperbolic rants.

  20. #600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Somebody has to be Alfred, Lucius and/or Batwing.


    She was a top cadet at a military academy. Spent the next years training after getting booted out. Which was shown.


    At this point I'm entirely convinced that this isn't driven by politics but rather having pretty girls smooch on screen. Someone at the CW has seen Pornhub metrics.

    You should probably watch it until the Crisis crossover happens. I'll probably make much less of an effort afterwards.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Say what you mean then instead of random hyperbolic rants.
    check the viewer score : 12% says it all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •