Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    2/10 would not bang

Yeah, that's a hard NOPE.

I'm all for female empowerment, but this just looks lame.

The actress is awful (trying too hard with the female gay icon, I'm sorry, she's just a bad actress no matter what), the plot line seems pointless from what we've seen, and the editing and music are just cringy, which makes the action look horribad.

Also the female empowerment is so on the nose that it goes all the way into the realm of cliche.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2019-05-23 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's interesting to live in a world where we can no longer simply dismiss a shitty trailer as a shitty trailer, we have to go into great detail about how the evil lesbians are coming to destroy our precious IPs with their evil womanly ways. Honestly, had this been a male character who was motivated by the capture of their female love interest, would literally anyone give a shit? If it had been a story about one of the various Robins who took up the mantle of the Bat as an adult, but chafed at being compared to his predecessor, would literally anyone give a shit? Somehow, I doubt it.
    Ah, I see you missed the huge backlash over the Titans trailer where Robin is shown murdering thugs in the street and saying "Fuck Batman".

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Ah, I see you missed the huge backlash over the Titans trailer where Robin is shown murdering thugs in the street and saying "Fuck Batman".
    Was that condemned as "anti-male?"

Or did people just laugh at it because it looked like some tryhard edgelord nonsense?

Was that condemned as "anti-male?"

Or did people just laugh at it because it looked like some tryhard edgelord nonsense?
    Oh, so just because it wasn't the exact same flavor of backlash you get to pretend you were right. Got it.

You said you doubted anyone would give a shit. They did. Many people lost interest in that show just because of it.

Batwoman gets called anti-male because it blatantly is.

Oh, so just because it wasn't the exact same flavor of backlash you get to pretend you were right. Got it.
    Pretty much, yeah.

Now that you mention it, the reaction to "Fuck Batman!" and the reaction to this trailer is basically the perfect example of the double-standard the perpetually-offended employ whenever it comes to criticizing a female character. So thanks for reminding me about it.

I usually don't judge a show I've never watched before but this looks like ass.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Pretty much, yeah.

Now that you mention it, the reaction to "Fuck Batman!" and the reaction to this trailer is basically the perfect example of the double-standard the perpetually-offended employ whenever it comes to criticizing a female character. So thanks for reminding me about it.
    Man, it sure would be a shame if there were more to that post you just responded to.

But have fun ignoring whatever you need to in order to pretend you're right.

Man, it sure would be a shame if there were more to that post you just responded to.
    Considering the overwhelmingly positive reaction the show seems to have gotten since its release, why should I care the "many people lost interest?"

And considering that part of the trailer is being used as evidence that Batwoman is anti-male (even though the Titans trailer conveniently didn't elicit the same reaction), why should I care about your assertion that it "blatantly is?"

Considering the overwhelmingly positive reaction the show seems to have gotten since its release, why should I care the "many people lost interest?"
    Because the topic is about it receiving backlash. Which it did.

Leave the goal posts alone.
    And considering that part of the trailer is being used as evidence that Batwoman is anti-male (even though the Titans trailer conveniently didn't elicit the same reaction), why should I care about your assertion that it "blatantly is?"
    Maybe you should try and tell us how it isn't blatantly anti-male? Because I can tell you how it is (from the music shoving it in your face to Kate's ridiculous "why is he getting credit when I steal his shit, dress up as him, and do exactly what he used to do?" line which is deliberately worded as man vs. woman) and people have been doing so since the trailer dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Smallville may be a guilty pleasure of mine, you're not going to find me arguing that it's anything more than a soap opera with superpowers.
    For sure.
    I don't think Smallville really bothered me because I was still in like elementary when it came out and it was the first of their superhero shows. The following ones all felt kind of the same to me.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    For sure.
    I don't think Smallville really bothered me because I was still in like elementary when it came out and it was the first of their superhero shows. The following ones all felt kind of the same to me.
    Yeah, they pretty much are. Kind of like the MCU movies, they sacrifice a lot for the sake of the shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Heh... First comment in the video you linked.

"Excuse me batman-"
    "IT'S MA'AM! BAT MA'AM" (trashes everything around itself)

It's interesting to live in a world where we can no longer simply dismiss a shitty trailer as a shitty trailer, we have to go into great detail about how the evil lesbians are coming to destroy our precious IPs with their evil womanly ways. Honestly, had this been a male character who was motivated by the capture of their female love interest, would literally anyone give a shit? If it had been a story about one of the various Robins who took up the mantle of the Bat as an adult, but chafed at being compared to his predecessor, would literally anyone give a shit? Somehow, I doubt it.
    I mean, it might be amusing to see a a man taking up Wonderwoman's outfit, complaining that it needs to be remade for a man, and bitching about how no one accepts him as an Amazon hero and he doesn't want to live in her shadow, but... I doubt anyone would watch it.

"He, will become... HEro"
    ::dramatic playing of Dude Looks Like A Lady::

Or, maybe, just maybe, the commercial focused on Batwoman's womanity a bit too much to try to appeal to that SJW/ Feminist angle, rather than presenting a simple revenge plot that is familiar to many a Bat-fan.

I mean, it should have been obvious that she's a woman from the "BatWoman" titlecard, but I guess it needed to be spelled out, like every male superhero has to flash groin bulge and explain how masculine they are... no, wait, that doesn't happen either.

When Robin said "Fuck Batman", lots complained, it just seemed dumb and it was a bad reflection on the actual episode. (I only watched the first ep, Robin and Raven were good, but Starfire and Beastboy were bleh, the little that Beastboy was is in. I guess that means I'm racist?) I know a few folks that still haven't watched the series after that first impression.

Batwoman takes Fuck Batman and adds the Cringe on top of it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Im more annoyed at the fact that Lucius just left this bitch bully him into giving her the suit

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Or, maybe, just maybe, the commercial focused on Batwoman's womanity a bit too much to try to appeal to that SJW/ Feminist angle, rather than presenting a simple revenge plot that is familiar to many a Bat-fan.
    If your a Batfan shouldn’t this be exactly what you expect? I hate batwomen but every things in the trailer fits perfectly to her as a character. It really seems like batwomen is closer to the source then say the flash where he has gotten his own back up crew or green arrow who is just super gritty.

Unless you mean batfans as people who think bane is just a buff guy in a mask.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    First appearance 2006, Batman appeared in 1939. Your point isn't a point at all.
    Batwomen was made in 1956 and remade in 2006 with all the reboots. She’s never been a stolen character she was one made to compliment Batman and then changed when they didn’t need that any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    "He, will become... HEro"
    ::dramatic playing of Dude Looks Like A Lady::
    Well I'm sold.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Well I'm sold.
    It's almost as good as my idea for Skittles flavored Red Bull!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

My goodness me this is so cringy it hurts to watch.

This is literally worse then the Sonic trailer.