Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Im more annoyed at the fact that Lucius just left this bitch bully him into giving her the suit

  2. #142
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Or, maybe, just maybe, the commercial focused on Batwoman's womanity a bit too much to try to appeal to that SJW/ Feminist angle, rather than presenting a simple revenge plot that is familiar to many a Bat-fan.
    If your a Batfan shouldn’t this be exactly what you expect? I hate batwomen but every things in the trailer fits perfectly to her as a character. It really seems like batwomen is closer to the source then say the flash where he has gotten his own back up crew or green arrow who is just super gritty.

    Unless you mean batfans as people who think bane is just a buff guy in a mask.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's interesting to live in a world where we can no longer simply dismiss a shitty trailer as a shitty trailer, we have to go into great detail about how the evil lesbians are coming to destroy our precious IPs with their evil womanly ways. Honestly, had this been a male character who was motivated by the capture of their female love interest, would literally anyone give a shit? If it had been a story about one of the various Robins who took up the mantle of the Bat as an adult, but chafed at being compared to his predecessor, would literally anyone give a shit? Somehow, I doubt it.



    Created by:
    Geoff Johns
    Grant Morrison
    Greg Rucka
    Mark Waid
    Keith Giffen


    Which one, in particular did the "stealing?"



    While Smallville may be a guilty pleasure of mine, you're not going to find me arguing that it's anything more than a soap opera with superpowers.
    First appearance 2006, Batman appeared in 1939. Your point isn't a point at all.

  4. #144
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    First appearance 2006, Batman appeared in 1939. Your point isn't a point at all.
    Batwomen was made in 1956 and remade in 2006 with all the reboots. She’s never been a stolen character she was one made to compliment Batman and then changed when they didn’t need that any more.

  5. #145
    Brewmaster Ayirasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    "He, will become... HEro"
    ::dramatic playing of Dude Looks Like A Lady::
    Well I'm sold.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Well I'm sold.
    It's almost as good as my idea for Skittles flavored Red Bull!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

  7. #147
    My goodness me this is so cringy it hurts to watch.

    This is literally worse then the Sonic trailer.

  8. #148
    Titan unholytestament's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    [Banned for inflammatory drive-by posting]
    Posts
    14,901
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    My goodness me this is so cringy it hurts to watch.

    This is literally worse then the Sonic trailer.
    I am now picturing a Sonic movie trailer that is about fursecution.

  9. #149
    Brewmaster Ayirasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's almost as good as my idea for Skittles flavored Red Bull!
    That sounds better than the time I mixed Gatorade powder into my Monster. It's got electrolytes.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

  10. #150
    Weeeee.... This is the batwoman nobody wants, but it's the batwoman we deserve. lol

    72k likes vs 328k dislikes, yea the CW needs a little damage control here.

  11. #151
    Man bad. Woman good.

    I hear they have to delete dislikes and comments. That's how you know you have a great show on your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Weeeee.... This is the batwoman nobody wants, but it's the batwoman we deserve. lol

    72k likes vs 328k dislikes, yea the CW needs a little damage control here.
    Why would the CW need to do damage control? Have you seen the other stuff they've put out? It's all the definition of cheesy shlock:



    No, of course you haven't. The only reason you know about this one is because the female lead character didn't apologize enough for having the audacity to be female and it triggered the anti-SJW SJWs on the internet.

    If people like the shows the CW is already making, chances are they'll like this one.

  13. #153
    Titan unholytestament's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    [Banned for inflammatory drive-by posting]
    Posts
    14,901
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why would the CW need to do damage control? Have you seen the other stuff they've put out? It's all the definition of cheesy shlock:

    No, of course you haven't. The only reason you know about this one is because the female lead character didn't apologize enough for having the audacity to be female and it triggered the anti-SJW SJWs on the internet.

    If people like the shows the CW is already making, chances are they'll like this one.
    I have seen the other stuff they've got. Supernatural has been premium grade shit for nine seasons. Your appeal to popularity means nothing in terms of quality.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    No, of course you haven't. The only reason you know about this one is because the female lead character didn't apologize enough for having the audacity to be female and it triggered the anti-SJW SJWs on the internet.

    If people like the shows the CW is already making, chances are they'll like this one.
    Not necessarily, I love Supernatural and the Flash, I'm not caught up on this season of Arrow but I'll be watching that soon. I was excited for Batwoman because as a huge Batman fan, we are left with scraps like Gotham. However, the trailer deflated any enthusiasm I once had for the show. It is very Supergirl-esque which I only made it 4 episodes in before I gave up on that show. There are legitimate complaints here but you just want to push your SJW agenda.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    you just want to push your SJW agenda
    And what would that be.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why would the CW need to do damage control? Have you seen the other stuff they've put out? It's all the definition of cheesy shlock:

    No, of course you haven't. The only reason you know about this one is because the female lead character didn't apologize enough for having the audacity to be female and it triggered the anti-SJW SJWs on the internet.

    If people like the shows the CW is already making, chances are they'll like this one.
    Uh Oh....someone got triggered from a non triggering comment. Your feminism is showing.

  17. #157
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Not necessarily, I love Supernatural and the Flash, I'm not caught up on this season of Arrow but I'll be watching that soon. I was excited for Batwoman because as a huge Batman fan, we are left with scraps like Gotham. However, the trailer deflated any enthusiasm I once had for the show. It is very Supergirl-esque which I only made it 4 episodes in before I gave up on that show. There are legitimate complaints here but you just want to push your SJW agenda.
    Genuine question as a fan of Batman did you expect batwomen to be any different then the trailer?

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Genuine question as a fan of Batman did you expect batwomen to be any different then the trailer?
    Yeah, she was good in the crossover they had in the arrowverse, though in the comics I find her hit and miss. She does seem to do better in a team setting even as a team leader. I was just hoping it would be more about her and less about her gender and we would see some Batman villains.

  19. #159
    trailer is a total cringe fest, this crap can only appeal to low iq leftist radicals.

    main point of the series seems to be her gender, in the trailer they constantly highlighted that part.

    one of my favorite moments "im not going to let a man take a cradit for womans work"? says after she broke into a man's mansion and stole his stuff/identity lol.
    guess thats ok because shes a womyn.

    in short only brain dead people can enjoy this shallow "show".

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Genuine question as a fan of Batman did you expect batwomen to be any different then the trailer?
    They could have tried to make it good?

    And its not like theres a shortage of superhero shows/films.

    Whats different about this show other than her gender? What a bore.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •