Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Is it impossible for them to put a woman in a leading role without making her look like some "badass LGBT champion"? Don't have anything against the whole thing but it sure is a forced agenda these days.
    The problem is that too many writers these days put an emphasis on 'strong and female', and not nearly enough on 'character'. How about writing a good character first? Strength and being female should come easily enough afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    The problem is that too many writers these days put an emphasis on 'strong and female', and not nearly enough on 'character'. How about writing a good character first? Strength and being female should come easily enough afterwards.

Wonder woman might not be a perfect movie, but at least the writers made it showing her as a strong character, without forcing an agenda.

Actions speak louder then words, if your needing to say 'im a woman, I'm stronger then any man!' in the trailer, then the writers own insecurities are laid out for all to see.
    #boycottchina

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, is it about a lesbian batman fighting furries? Cuz the bad guys have masks with cat ears (or something)

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I'm confused, is it about a lesbian batman fighting furries? Cuz the bad guys have masks with cat ears (or something)
    From my limited knowledge of the comics I assume the blonde chick is supposed to be the Mad Hatter, since we have a white rabbit that is being chased...

Well the trailer is distilled and concentrated cringe. It certainly makes the character look like a complete twat, maybe there will be character growth and she becomes less unlikeable later on. I will wait until someone saw all of it before I bother with it myself. If there is no change in the character (and the portrayal in the trailer is accurate) then it's not for me.

Edit: I kinda like the villain (the supposed one anyway) though. At least in the trailer she seems kind hands on.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-05-18 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my limited knowledge of the comics I assume the blonde chick is supposed to be the Mad Hatter, since we have a white rabbit that is being chased...
    Oh so their gender bending other batman villains to?

You know when they introduced flashpoint paradox showing an alternate reality where bruce died in the alleyway and his parents survived, and Thomas Wayne became batman, when they had Martha Wayne as the joker, where she had gone insane from the death of her son, it actually made sense and had a purpose in the story for why there was a female joker, because to her life became a joke.

But just gender swapping a character because they want to because 'A WAMAN WILL DO IT BETTER!!" is just ridiculous
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Oh so their gender bending other batman villains to?

You know when they introduced flashpoint paradox showing an alternate reality where bruce died in the alleyway and his parents survived, and Thomas Wayne became batman, when they had Martha Wayne as the joker, where she had gone insane from the death of her son, it actually made sense and had a purpose in the story for why there was a female joker, because to her life became a joke.

But just gender swapping a character because they want to because 'A WAMAN WILL DO IT BETTER!!" is just ridiculous
    It's just an assumption. Given her looks, maybe they've given the mad hatter a new sidekick named Alice.

What has happened to Batman in this Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why would that matter? He is gone.

The hero we need is her(e).

This wasn't easy to type.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Why would that matter? He is gone.

The hero we need is her(e).

This wasn't easy to type.
    It made me laugh, though.

It's just an assumption. Given her looks, maybe they've given the mad hatter a new sidekick named Alice.
    Wouldn't this Alice make more sense:
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Kane_(New_Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    By the sound of the trailer it seems like he just left. Probably because he's a man.

I actually have vague memories of a female running around with Hatter's tech at some point. I don't remember if it was in Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, or one of the other Batfamily books, and I have no clue if she was his assistant, a relative, or just some random crazy woman who found it and made use of it for her own purposes though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is trashing on men the thing right now ? The message they pass is that you cant be a strong, empowered woman, if you dont spit on men.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wouldn't this Alice make more sense:
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Kane_(New_Earth)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I actually have vague memories of a female running around with Hatter's tech at some point. I don't remember if it was in Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, or one of the other Batfamily books, and I have no clue if she was his assistant, a relative, or just some random crazy woman who found it and made use of it for her own purposes though.
    I have no idea avout the comics, guys. Thanks for the input, you might be right.

I have no idea avout the comics, guys. Thanks for the input, you might be right.
    I have no idea either. I just punched Allice and DC universe into google and got there. I have never read batwoman, at first I just thought it would be an adult barbara gordan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'M A WOMAAAAAAAAAN that shit cracked me up.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Why is trashing on men the thing right now ? The message they pass is that you cant be a strong, empowered woman, if you dont spit on men.
    Sjw agenda. White straight men are the enemy to them, and they need to let you know it.

They don't see the irony in their convictions that in thinking it's okay to hate on people for being a certain way. They think it's okay to do so because other minorities have been. So rather then bring adults and making a statement of it doesn't matter what your skin/gender is, they need to have someone to attack themselves rather then bringing people together regardless.

Martin Luther king would be spinning in his grave at this bullshit
    #boycottchina

Is she a woman? I don't think i got the memo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk but as a woman, I find it extremely fucking annoying and insulting to men.
    I never really read many DC comics in the past, but I was a fan of batman the animated series. And because of that I was introduced to the justice league animated series.
    When watching that series, wonder woman because one of my favorite characters on the show, not because she was super powerful, but because of her demeanor. She was one of the justice league leaders, one of the strongest members after superman, and yet despite having immense strength and wits and battle prowess, she was also kind, understanding, and didn't look down on others, kicking ass when she needed to but also being a decent person outside of battle.

this is whats lost, when you have a character like this version of batwoman, just being a general c**t to people outside ot being batwoman. This forced agenda bs of how men are garbage is the kind of mentality a supervillain would have.

#boycottchina