Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

is it? i though the first ones were batman girlfriends or something
    No, neither Batwoman nor Batgirl has ever been Batman's girlfriend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I'm not counting the old timy batwomen as shes really not the same character.
    There actually isn't an old timey Batwoman. You're thinking of Betty Kane aka Bat-Girl, who is also not any of the modern Batgirls(note the lack of hyphen)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Is it impossible for them to put a woman in a leading role without making her look like some "badass LGBT champion"? Don't have anything against the whole thing but it sure is a forced agenda these days.
    A woman isn't a strong woman unless she's a butch lesbian with a devil may care attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    No, neither Batwoman nor Batgirl has ever been Batman's girlfriend.

- - - Updated - - -

There actually isn't an old timey Batwoman. You're thinking of Betty Kane aka Bat-Girl, who is also not any of the modern Batgirls(note the lack of hyphen)
    Betty was the niece of batwomen who was kathy.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Katherine_Kane_(Earth-One)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    > women are equal to men
    > *steals male characters to make female actors relevant

Can hollywood just pick one of these opinions? Men and Women are obviously equal - so why can't you make interesting, original characters for women rather than water down already existing ones? Wonder Woman is 100% proof a quality female character can be successful.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this trailer is proof that it is 100% acceptable use sexist rhetoric against men. Damn son
    No male character was stolen batwomen has been around since the 1950’s (though 2005 for this one) this is like basic comic stuff.

Awful trailer...god damn.

Ugh. DC needs to get off the PC train and fast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Ugh. DC needs to get off the PC train and fast.
    Given that dc has always been pc that’s not likely to ever happen.

This show is going to shit the bed so hard. Train wreck from the start
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Its going to be funny to see who they blame if this show flops

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    This show is going to shit the bed so hard. Train wreck from the start
    The trailer shit the bed. I imagine the show will trail it all over the house and throw it at passing children.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the superhero shows after Smallville on CW have all felt kind of the same to me. High-end plastic if I had to describe them in a few words. I hope its target audience likes it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    All the superhero shows after Smallville on CW have all felt kind of the same to me. High-end plastic if I had to describe them in a few words. I hope its target audience likes it.
    I'm not sure CW really understand who, or what their target audience is. Az covers it quite well here..

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I like many of you it seems dislike Ruby Rose. This just looks like garbage to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Its going to be funny to see who they blame if this show flops
    big scary MEN of course

The CW needs to get rid of its current president and Network Programming staff. Get woke go broke. Hollywood i general is in need of a full on purge of the SJW horse shit
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

It's interesting to live in a world where we can no longer simply dismiss a shitty trailer as a shitty trailer, we have to go into great detail about how the evil lesbians are coming to destroy our precious IPs with their evil womanly ways. Honestly, had this been a male character who was motivated by the capture of their female love interest, would literally anyone give a shit? If it had been a story about one of the various Robins who took up the mantle of the Bat as an adult, but chafed at being compared to his predecessor, would literally anyone give a shit? Somehow, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    > women are equal to men
    > *steals male characters to make female actors relevant
    Created by:
    Geoff Johns
    Grant Morrison
    Greg Rucka
    Mark Waid
    Keith Giffen

Which one, in particular did the "stealing?"

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    While Smallville may be a guilty pleasure of mine, you're not going to find me arguing that it's anything more than a soap opera with superpowers.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-05-23 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Actually she took up the mantle of Batgirl. Batwoman and Batgirl are different characters. There's been 3 "recognized" Batgirls(plus Huntress who was doing it without permission) but only one Batwoman.
    Oh right, she was going by Batgirl. I think I remember Oracle going off on Batman for allowing it without saying anything to her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    I'm not sure CW really understand who, or what their target audience is. Az covers it quite well here
    They seem to know who there target audience is which is why there making a more or less comic accurate batwomen. For who the batwomen character is the show seems to fit perfectly.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yet female superheroes (like real life women of power) are held to some standard of being strong but also being kind and warm so men's feelings won't get hurt by them being strong. It's a stupid standard.
    Bullshit. There is no "standard" for it. Female Heroes can be as arrogant and aloof as the Male heroes easily without being simply annoying cunts. The difference being the Male characters you listed as being "positively dicks" aren't though and much is a facade that is written into the character, since Batman, SUperman and Green Arrow are arrogant but are also Kind and Warm at times which is meant to balance it out, they HAVE a human side. If Batman was a cunt simply for the sake of it People would dislike him as well.

I mean that's literally the entire point of the character Booster Gold. Who is a hero who is meant to be overtly arrogant and meant to be disliked for it. Hell even he eventually changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Oh right, she was going by Batgirl. I think I remember Oracle going off on Batman for allowing it without saying anything to her.
    Yeah Oracle was unhappy about Huntress taking up the role and Bruce for allowing it without her approval. Then Huntress killed someone, and despite it being fully justifiable, Bruce and Babs insisted Huntress give up the Batgirl identity. Then based on the work Cassandra put in during the No Man's Land thing, saving Gordon, etc, Bruce gave Cassandra the Batgirl identity with Bab's full approval.

Lol the show is so anti-men she don't even like dick!