Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This forum is like, one of the most outraged corner of the internet. You'd have to go to 4chan or worse to get more outraged. You hear more objective opinions on reddit. If I don't remember outrage on this forum, I find it hard to believe it existed in a broader context.
    I don't care how extreme things swing, this forum is too small to extrapolate onto anything. Hell, this subforum is less active than the video game discussion subforum and I would laugh if people used topics over there as useful metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Really? Where? I don't remember that here.
    It most certainly was here. If you don't remember it, as I said, your memory is either selective or flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    yeah would have been nice to see Princess DIANA do something outside of a CGI battle.

CGI battles are so egh
    That was my biggest issue with Endgame. Yet another CGI army VS CGI army where the battle just rages on in a blur. I was hoping for Avengers and Co, VS Thanos and lieutenants.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

New teaser trailer and it's received terribly like the first one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWNUTTPGKwQ

I don't get what the teaser wants to show. It doesn't look Batwoman related at all. All I see is Ruby Rose giving money and a watch to a homeless girl. Oh, that's a surprisingly good looking bum girl. Clean fingernails, clean, well-kept and dyed hair, clean clothes, doesn't look malnourished, seems to be wearing a bit of make up. It doesn't look realistic. Who knows, she might use the money to buy drugs and OD, all because Batwoman wanted to prove a point to a guard.

Comments are more entertaining.
    Who's writing this shit anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    That... that's a lot of dislikes.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I tried to watch a few episodes, and My god its just so fuckin terrible . From the acting to the writing to the Sfx. ...The only decent actor is the one playing Alice, and if she were on any other show it would be bad. No wonder the ratings are tanking
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

It's decent, just ignore all the political agendas and goofball melodrama and you got a solid 15 minute superhero show while grinding Voldunai rep.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2019-10-25 at 01:22 AM.

Saw this trailer before all the SJW stuff got brought up and didn't really care much for it then. Funny thing is my first thought was, with a few edits you could probably turn this into a Girl With the Dragon Tattoo TV series. I don't know what is it about all these CW DC shows that always seem to come off as if someone took one of those Axel Braun XXX superhero parodies and removed all the sex to make it SFW.

Is sunday usually a desired timeslot? You think they would debut it on one of the week days.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I tried to watch a few episodes, and My god its just so fuckin terrible . From the acting to the writing to the Sfx. ...The only decent actor is the one playing Alice, and if she were on any other show it would be bad. No wonder the ratings are tanking
    it's on a sunday night which has a lot of competition - football, simpsons, walking dead etc. as for ratings they are low but that is across the board with CW programming - Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, Black Lightning, All American, Riverdale, Nancy Drew, Supernatural, Legacies, Charmed and Dynasty are all roughly the same in terms of ratings so by the CW standard they are probably doing ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the reviews I've seen for it make me want to watch it, it sounds like such a train wreck it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    We all know why, Winter.

We all know why...
    Because of how amazing it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Is sunday usually a desired timeslot? You think they would debut it on one of the week days.
    Been saying that. It should be on Thursday nights.

Audience score is 12%?
    ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because of how amazing it is?
    Oh boy. So amazing. I can't wait for more fight scenes where Kate just stands there waiting for people to hit her. And then there's the fire/explosion effects that look like someone paid their high school aged nephew to do. And I absolutely love how there's a COMPLETE LACK OF ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLING DETECTIVE WORK DONE BY ANYONE AT ALL IN THE SHOW.

Kate claims to have one of Alice's knives and says Colonel Kane should run it for prints/DNA. He not only doesn't do that but he also doesn't question why she has it.

A fucking bat signal was lit up and the ONLY person who noticed was Kate? It's not like Alice even turned it off while they were talking, it's on for the entire scene!

Alice was literally in the Kane home, the Colonel knows she was playing their cello, and yet it does not occur to him to run it for prints or to search for any potential DNA left behind by her.

This show is an achievement in ineptitude. There is a complete disregard for logic and sanity and it is glorious to watch it all and see people praise this with a straight face.

show is just as bad as the rest of the Arrowverse crap, nothing outstanding to put it above or below anything. Guess incels only have standards when the show is focused on a bi woman.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    show is just as bad as the rest of the Arrowverse crap, nothing outstanding to put it above or below anything. Guess incels only have standards when the show is focused on a bi woman.
    Eh Arrow started out interesting it just became awful when they started taking direction from tumblr and that carried over to the rest of the shows.

I didn't get called a bigot or an incel for saying what was wrong with Arrow or Flash. If standards changed it wasn't on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The audience score seems much more accurate.
    There's a reason why the best shows and movies tend to be the ones that are blasted by critics and loved by audiences.