Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Threat. But why are you googling a word we werent talking about?
    You must be confused. We were talking about force and google says it's coercion.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    we really need an abortion mega thread. You people like to beat a dead horse, or fetus.
    You also like to contribute nothing to conversation...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    You must be confused. We were talking about force and google says it's coercion.
    So basically you were agreeing with me or I was too hostile.

  4. #64
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    22,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, they're here and instead of either speaking for or against the senator...they're just trying to steer the discussion off of that point.

    Any pro-lifers feel like making a stand against what the senator said here? Or defending him?
    Life begins at conception, it doesn't begin at eggs, senator failed biology.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    If you want to debate me and prove me wrong I welcome the challenge. If you want to name call and use personal attacks, I will just ignore and report or move on, if I don't reply to you, you know which group you're in.
    Be respectful to me and I will be respectful to you, that I promise you.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    So a typical leftist argument.
    No the leftist arguments is "Muh feelings are above your science"

  6. #66
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    22,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Why do I need to back up my observations? They are subjective? Your skills are shitty of you think observations are objective.
    The fact I even have to explain why you are wrong is giving me an observation you are terrible at backing up silly claims.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    You also like to contribute nothing to conversation...
    and this post did?
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    If you want to debate me and prove me wrong I welcome the challenge. If you want to name call and use personal attacks, I will just ignore and report or move on, if I don't reply to you, you know which group you're in.
    Be respectful to me and I will be respectful to you, that I promise you.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Life begins at conception, it doesn't begin at eggs, senator failed biology.
    Life begins at the cellular level. Everytime you jack off your are killing a few million kids

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The fact I even have to explain why you are wrong is giving me an observation you are terrible at backing up silly claims.

    - - - Updated - - -



    and this post did?
    How about you explain them instead of not.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Life begins at conception, it doesn't begin at eggs, senator failed biology.
    It's not what she said. The title is way off from what was said even though it's still nonsense. She said a fertilized egg in a lab isn't the same as one made in a woman in terms of alive or not. It wasn't anything to do with an egg alone. The OP even bolded that part and yet still lied in the title to make it sound like she said an egg as if having your period is an abortion. Still saying being in a woman or not makes a difference on life or not is silly.

  9. #69
    they were pregnant when they didn’t want to be,or didn’t want a child at that moment; or didn’t want a child with the person who impregnated them.... Not excuses... Use protection or dont fuck... If you wana tango then do it right... Rape and Insest ARE the only reasons imo acceptable for a abortion... And or you literally cant take care of the kid...

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Right, that's what both sides thinks. One values life, one values women's rights. They aren't arguing about women's bodies, they are arguing for the babies life. Thanks for proving my point though, by saying hey it's my body you shouldn't decide about it, while ignoring the actual stance which is the babies life which you don't even adress.

    You are simply valuing women's rights of their bodies above the value of the babies life

    They value opposite. Neither value is "logically" superior since it's simply subjective values.
    That's because the baby's life is what is in question.

    The baby cannot survive without the mother, so is it really 'alive' yet?

    We have this thing in civilized countries, called "bodily autonomy." It's the reason we can't pick apart your dead loved one's corpse for harvestable organs when they die unless they gave us explicit permission to do so - Because we decided that, as a society, it would be crossing a boundary to force people to save someone else's life, even if they were the only one available to do it.

    The ONLY PLACE bodily autonomy has ever been questioned, is right in this exact scenario, abortion.

    In any other scenario, this would be a no-brainer. The woman's bodily autonomy would out-do ANY argument in favor of the child.

    But for SOME REASON, specifically in this case, we expect women to put aside their own bodily autonomy for a child they don't want, and legislate to make it illegal for her to choose "No, I won't risk myself for this child I don't want and can't pay for."

    One side IS logically superior, because it follows with every other decision we've made regarding bodily autonomy, is medically proven safer than the alternative (which has been practiced even while illegal before), and doesn't place undue financial burden on people who can't handle it, while the other places the decision in the hands of an unborn child that can't make a decision, refuses to recognize established precedent, and places unwilling mothers in completely-avoidable financial duress, all over a situation which, medically, is safe to avoid.

    And don't worry - Once this is gone, I promise, bodily autonomy is next to go - So I hope you're ready to be called in as the only-available kidney donor for this extremely wealthy family. After all, the doctor may not have a choice in the next few years, if you keep giving away your rights.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2019-05-17 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The fact I even have to explain why you are wrong is giving me an observation you are terrible at backing up silly claims.

    - - - Updated - - -



    and this post did?
    I would have to make it if you didn't break the rules.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    they were pregnant when they didn’t want to be,or didn’t want a child at that moment; or didn’t want a child with the person who impregnated them.... Not excuses... Use protection or dont fuck... If you wana tango then do it right... Rape and Insest ARE the only reasons imo acceptable for a abortion... And or you literally cant take care of the kid...
    They are no excemptions for either of those things in Alabama and ohio is trying to ban contraception for women.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  12. #72
    Legendary! jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    6,684
    You shouldn't take away the rights of an adult woman in order to give rights to a glob of protoplasm.

    That said, if the state wants to take aborted fetuses and continue to grow them in tanks to be raised by the state until they can survive on their own then they should go for it. Until then if the baby can't survive without the mother then the mother's rights are the most important.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Because a fetus isn’t a womb invader question mark?


    Great now I’m thinking about a Tomb Raider parody.
    When a rapist pulls down someone’s pants and fathers a child that the woman does not want it is
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    No the leftist arguments is "Muh feelings are above your science"
    Oh really, because the Science says that a fetus is not a human...and yet you got your "feelings"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  15. #75
    It's the woman's body, end of story. If she doesn't want the baby, she doesn't want it.

    What other people think about the rights of the unborn is irrelevant, you can dislike it, say it's morally wrong, say it's a sin, whatever argument under the sun, but while it's still inside the woman, and while it's still relying on her body to keep it alive... it doesn't get a say, it doesn't get the right for someone ELSE to tell the HOST what they can and can't do with their own body. Sorry, not sorry.

    Personally, If a woman is pregnant and wants an abortion and the father doesn't, he can go father another child with another woman that wants to have a child with him, end of story (again). And if a mother wants a child, and the father doesn't, she shouldn't shouldn't expect a penny of child support. If you want to argue the cost of the abortion procedure being paid for in part or whole by him, or financial strain because of missed work etc... that's a reasonable debate to have.

    Everything else is child level bullshit based on feelings or religion.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    Rape and Insest ARE the only reasons imo acceptable for a abortion
    Why? What makes abortion unacceptable in the first place?

  17. #77
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    22,163
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    It's not what she said. The title is way off from what was said even though it's still nonsense. She said a fertilized egg in a lab isn't the same as one made in a woman in terms of alive or not. It wasn't anything to do with an egg alone. The OP even bolded that part and yet still lied in the title to make it sound like she said an egg as if having your period is an abortion. Still saying being in a woman or not makes a difference on life or not is silly.
    Oh I should have known an MMO GOT poster would lie in the thread tittle, they do it so often. I didn't read the story as I didn't care about the topic.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    If you want to debate me and prove me wrong I welcome the challenge. If you want to name call and use personal attacks, I will just ignore and report or move on, if I don't reply to you, you know which group you're in.
    Be respectful to me and I will be respectful to you, that I promise you.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why? What makes abortion unacceptable in the first place?
    This?



    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-05-17 at 05:20 PM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    Bill Nye is not the GOP type of guy. He is a science guy. Trumpers think science is a lie.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Still saying being in a woman or not makes a difference on life or not is silly.
    So tell the class: If "life begins at conception" why would the method of conception matter?

    If you're going to accuse people of lying (since just calling clickbait titles clickbait isn't harsh enough, apparently), how is what people have said about him different than what he was saying himself?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-05-17 at 06:02 PM.

  20. #80
    Having a child should never be used as "punishment". You aren't teaching someone a lesson by forcing a child on them. You are forcing life on a child whose parents don't WANT them and/or are unprepared/poorly equipped to care for them. What kind of monster thinks that's ok? That child didn't asked to brought into this world under those circumstances but some would have those children suffer through such a life just to "teach someone a lesson". The only one learning a lesson in such cases is the child who learns the lesson that life isn't fair.

    In addition, trying to deny the right to an abortion or curtailing access to it so only specific circumstances allow for it, only leads us back to the days of back alley abortions. The abortions don't stop happening, they just become unsafe and can even result in death. Back when abortion was illegal, women were attempting to self-abort with coat hangers, knitting needles and ballpoint pens, and by swallowing toxic chemicals like bleach and laundry detergent.

    We know the results of abortion being illegal or inaccessible already... and it isn't less abortions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •