Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    My wife had an IUD and her periods were super light and she didn't have much pain in general. I don't know all the different types of IUDs though, so hers is probably a lot different than yours. Also, people are different and experience things differently. Sucks that it made yours worse, though.
    Your wife's was probably a hormonal one.

There are 3 basic types.

Copper - These IUDs are covered in coils of copper wire. The copper acts as a spermicide and also provokes the immune system making the uterine environment unfavourable for fertilization. They last from 5 to 12 years depending on design. As De thuong said, they tend to result in heavier and more painful menstruation. Failure rate is 0.7-0.8% per year, making them one of the best methods.

Hormonal - These have a hormone releasing medium. They work about the same as any other hormonal contraceptive, but the hormone is applied topically rather than systemically, allowing for much lower dosing (tens of micrograms per day) making it more reliable and less prone to side effects. Unlike copper, these usually result in reduced menstrual flow, or none at all in some. They last 3-7 years. Failure rate is about 0.2%.

Inert - Oddball type that was used in Asia in the 80s, 90s, and 00s and were very common in China. These are similar to copper IUDs, but used stainless steel instead. They work the same as the copper ones, but without the spermicidal effect. Same side effects as copper too, but not as effective (~5% failure rate). They're no longer made (replaced with copper ones), but some are still in use among Chinese women, particularly expats, where they confuse doctors when they want them removed.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    So a typical leftist argument.
    I'm not a leftist, but I note that you have nothing to contribute to this thread other than childish tribalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Wait what? I'm pro choice but this is an alarming statistic that I haven't seen before.
    Maybe instead of arguing about abortion someone should teach them about contraception first.
    Apparently the abortion rate per year is ~20 per 1,000 women aged 15-44 in the US. I'm not sure what they count as "ending a pregnancy" in this case - possibly it includes morning after pill etc?

https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/w...on_statistics/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

And you prevent autism by first making an omelette and THEN stuffing it in the ovaries. Try to keep up, you unisex bathroom-requesting pervs!

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Most places, Canada being one of very few exceptions, wtf Canada,
    The Federal Government of Canada is not who decides when you can abort a fetus. The Doctors do, as it should be, a bunch of lawyers in Ottawa had no place deciding any of this. Which is why they did not, it rest on the shoulders of doctors, which are in all provinces, provincial level state workers. The system works, which is why even with no actual criminal laws dictating anything, statistic shows we dont have anymore abortion then anywhere else or later than anywhere else either.

Coercing? How?

Are you aware that you just made the argument against giving trans children body altering drugs?
    Are you talking about a scenario where a parent wants to coerce their children into taking hormone therapy that they don't want?

Surely literally everyone opposes that?

- - - Updated - - -

And you, and Josuke, are assuming person x is coercing a child.

Do you really think an 7 year old is educated enough to know what hormone therapy is? There's OBVIOUS manipulation going on here on the parents part.
    You seriously think that the only way a child can feel gender dysphoria is if the parents are forcing them to? LOL?

Or are you just trying to drag this thread off topic in hopes of getting it locked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    I cant wait til we have a male birth control pill. I'd make sure to take that pill everyday.
    I mean there's a range of contraceptive options already, but the pill specifically is advancing in trials:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...ed2550af8615c5

Kind of seems redundant to me really, I'd be more concerned about STDs and pills do nothing to prevent that. So you need to wear protection anyway. I guess it's good to be sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Yikes. You'll be putting her on birth control?
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Coercing people into taking drugs isnt great.
    The hell?

Showing your children the range of birth control options is called being a responsible parent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I just don't have a clear answer on the larger issue beyond opposing this. There's not a nice clean boundary line between a fetus and a fully developed human being, and there's also no clear boundary line between a fused egg and two unfused cells. (If I ate my sibling in the womb when we were both that size, as happens, am I guilty of murder? o_O)
    For me the dividing line is easy - while it's inside the mother it's her choice. Once it's outside you can give it a separate right to life.

lol. Imagine being raped and having to keep the child. Especially when you're underaged.

Imagine living in America. What an embarrassing shithole.

Imagine your excuse is "lol it's god's plan"

What a bunch of cultists who are a decade past their expiry date. Why are these disgusting, malnourished wrinkled prunes leading your country?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    For me the dividing line is easy - while it's inside the mother it's her choice. Once it's outside you can give it a separate right to life.
    Eh, I'd say once it can survive outside of the womb its a person, so 23ish weeks (although that's still super premature and likely to have many complications.) Prior to that its essentially a parasite you're emotionally attached to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    lol. Imagine being raped and having to keep the child. Especially when you're underaged.

Imagine living in America. What an embarrassing shithole.

Imagine your excuse is "lol it's god's plan"

What a bunch of cultists who are a decade past their expiry date. Why are these disgusting, malnourished wrinkled prunes leading your country?
    The best part is no incest excemption and prison sentence for incest in 10 years. Rapes and criminal father also have child rights. So they can basically get back at the mother. Rape does carry a minimum of 10 years to life though. Should lose all right to the child because you can't be trusted to raise one in my opinion.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    There requires no proof of it being a medical emergency, only requires the woman state that it is, and she can get one.
    Yes, and they'll be nefariously rubbing their hands together, twisting their mustaches, and cackling maniacally the whole time they're doing it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Eh, I'd say once it can survive outside of the womb its a person, so 23ish weeks (although that's still super premature and likely to have many complications.) Prior to that its essentially a parasite you're emotionally attached to.
    Even if I believed it was entitled to all the rights of a born human, that wouldn't convince me that its rights supercede the mother's right to decide what happens to her own body. So it's birth for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Any day now the racists are going to figure out how much they have in common with the radical Islamists they claim to hate.

I doubt the idiotic senators that signed this bill through were thinking about denying rights to women/girls. I don't know why so many people have to make this about misogyny and racism. If female senators signed in a bill that restricted men's access to health care it wouldn't be called misandrist and there wouldn't be men with signs rallying how men/boys are under attack. Sure, they'd be ridiculed and criticised (rightly so) but wouldn't make it a gender issue. Why do these people always have to incite a gender war by appealing to misogyny when that is not the actual reason.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    If female senators signed in a bill that restricted men's access to health care it wouldn't be called misandrist and there wouldn't be men with signs rallying how men/boys are under attack. Sure, they'd be ridiculed and criticised (rightly so) but wouldn't make it a gender issue. Why do these people always have to incite a gender war by appealing to misogyny when that is not the actual reason.
    Because there wouldn't be bills like that signed in to law in the first place. That's why it's misogyny.

I doubt the idiotic senators that signed this bill through were thinking about denying rights to women/girls. I don't know why so many people have to make this about misogyny and racism. If female senators signed in a bill that restricted men's access to health care it wouldn't be called misandrist and there wouldn't be men with signs rallying how men/boys are under attack. Sure, they'd be ridiculed and criticised (rightly so) but wouldn't make it a gender issue. Why do these people always have to incite a gender war by appealing to misogyny when that is not the actual reason.
    How do you have the audacity to say this is anything but misogyny.

It is a gender issue, it is one constructed purely as a way to screw women over, over something that has no grounds in real ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    How do you have the audacity to say this is anything but misogyny.

It is a gender issue, it is one constructed purely as a way to screw women over, over something that has no grounds in real ethics.
    No, it is not. The law would be the as restrictive to men if they could fall pregnant. It's about the rights of the fetus/embryo, not the non-rights of women. Also, not all women fall pregnant. So it would be more accurate to say the bill is discriminatory against women who fall pregnant, not women as a whole. Stop making this a gender issue.

No, it is not. The law would be the as restrictive to men if they could fall pregnant. It's about the rights of the fetus/embryo, not the non-rights of women. Also, not all women fall pregnant. So it would be more accurate to say the bill is discriminatory against women who fall pregnant, not women as a whole. Stop making this a gender issue.
    No one in their right mind believes this, you can make claims like that until the end of time because it is not one anyone will ever have to live up to.

This is an attack on women, period.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    The Federal Government of Canada is not who decides when you can abort a fetus. The Doctors do, as it should be, a bunch of lawyers in Ottawa had no place deciding any of this. Which is why they did not, it rest on the shoulders of doctors, which are in all provinces, provincial level state workers. The system works, which is why even with no actual criminal laws dictating anything, statistic shows we dont have anymore abortion then anywhere else or later than anywhere else either.
    I still think it's a bit fucked up. I'm allowed to have that opinion.

Does this mean every month technically a women that doesn't get pregnant has a natural abortion? As god designed it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Right, that's what both sides thinks. One values life, one values women's rights. They aren't arguing about women's bodies, they are arguing for the babies life. Thanks for proving my point though, by saying hey it's my body you shouldn't decide about it, while ignoring the actual stance which is the babies life which you don't even adress.

You are simply valuing women's rights of their bodies above the value of the babies life

They value opposite. Neither value is "logically" superior since it's simply subjective values.
    You missed the point. They don't care about the baby's life. At all. These are the people that view them as "pumping out a unit". And then not wanting to give ANY support (healthcare, education, whatever) to them. They want to control women, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why? What makes abortion unacceptable in the first place?
    The Killing of a life....

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    You missed the point. They don't care about the baby's life. At all. These are the people that view them as "pumping out a unit". And then not wanting to give ANY support (healthcare, education, whatever) to them. They want to control women, that's it.

"they"? I'm talking about Pro-Life in general. I'm sure the ones sitting in the committe and/or power for this are anti-women. But saying there aren't Pro-Life people who care about the life is just flat out wrong. If you read my arguments it was a discussion about values, in which some value womens rights more than the life of a fetus, while others value the opposite.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-18 at 04:23 PM.