Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Bring Back Unarmored Mounts

Is no one else upset about this? I see no threads discussing this here. It was swept under the rug... they just mentioned it in an interview that almost no one knows about and it's a single sentence on mmo-champion which is easy to miss.

The original unarmored mounts from Classic were discussed, but ultimately it was decided not to bring them back in Classic because they didn't want to give players the incentive to rush through the leveling experience.
    Why? 4 Months is considered rushing the leveling content? What the hell? I was looking forward to getting my unarmored mount. Why would you do this, Blizzard? It doesn't take any of your development time since the models are already there.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2019-05-17 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Why? 4 Months is considered rushing the leveling content?
    When average time to 60 is 7-10 days /played, yes. With the target of 2 hours a day of play that Blizzard has stated, that is ~3 months just for leveling.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Keep them out. They weren’t in 1.12, they were placeholder mounts and not part of the classic design.

Add back the cheetah mount too because some Alliance were able to obtain in Vanilla

/s

I wouldn't mind seeing them in phase 1-3 but they should be removed for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Keep them out. They weren’t in 1.12, they were placeholder mounts and not part of the classic design.
    Why is this even an argument at this point? They've disregarded patches before to sort of simulate transitions between patches, e.g.:

Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub no longer release at the same time too--which makes sense as the two instances didn't release at the same time, and it would be strange to have Zul Gurub enchants present during Blackwing Lair progression.

Blizzard also plans to reconfigure loot tables in the fifth content phase, to replicate the massive dungeon itemization patch in 1.10. Classic WoW will start with original drop tables, and then in the fifth content patch, update to the drop tables present in Patch 1.10. For example, Titanic Leggings will not be available prior to the fifth content phase as it was added in 1.10.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=290629/...s-itemization-

And straight out of the blue post:

Along the way, we’ve taken a close look at items that provide the biggest power gains, many of which were introduced in 1.10 as part of a sweeping dungeon itemization pass. That patch was when Tier 0.5 gear was introduced, and Relics were added to the drop tables of many bosses. It also adjusted drop rates and drop locations of a lot of gear (to make room for the Relics). We’ve gone back and reconstructed many of the most heavily affected drop tables as they existed prior to the 1.10 patch, and we’re planning to update the drop tables alongside the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort. Prior to the Ahn’Qiraj unlock, most of the drop rates and locations will look as they did in the patches prior to 1.10, with exceptions—there are lots of little changes made in earlier patches that don’t have a big effect on player power, and in those cases, we’re planning to use the 1.12 drop rates and locations.

well would be nice to have them in phase 1 but I can think of more important matters tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Add back the cheetah mount too because some Alliance were able to obtain in Vanilla

/s

Wait, wut? There was a cheetah mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Wait, wut? There was a cheetah mount?
    That's from the alpha version IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If this is the stuff that upsets you, I feel for you. Life is gonna be tough. What a non-issue.
    Lol. You serious man? Of course this is not the most important issue of the game, but it is an important thing for many people. I value the unarmored mounts much more than their counterpart. So, yes. Grinding that gold and getting the unarmored mount in the time period is quite a big thing for me. If no one even speaks about it then why would they even consider changing their minds? This is everything but authentic vanilla experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Aaaahh, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I feared would happen. Blizzard makes changes that are "better" for the game and the players, but not original. They still don't realize we want the good AND the bad.

Not saying these mounts were bad, but heck, I even want the bugged legendary neck on the loottable, for ONE person to get. Imagine how cool that would be, knowing that one person in the world can get something again.

I'd love to have the unarmored nightsaber epic mount, and if it was in I would go big dick for it. But if it's not, I'm just gonna chill and take my time.

It's kind of a bummer, but nothing too upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Aaaahh, thank you.
    No. Back in Vanilla people would request a GM for a mount they deleted. But since there were so many used models in Vanilla sometimes the GMs would restore an unused model. That's how the Cheetah Mount and the Fluorescent Mechstrider same to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    No. Back in Vanilla people would request a GM for a mount they deleted. But since there were so many used models in Vanilla sometimes the GMs would restore an unused model. That's how the Cheetah Mount and the Fluorescent Mechstrider same to be.
    I went to Wowhead to confirm this and seems like that's partially wrong. You're right about the Fluorescent Mechstrider, but there is no Cheetah Mount in the database.

These are the only two mounts Leopard that I've found, and there are no documented instances of them being given out to players:

Reins of the Leopard
    Reins of the Primal Leopard

No YouTube videos or anything either, unlike the Mechanostrider.

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Having them available for a limited time would only encourage shady behavior like botting, account sharing, and buying gold. We didn't know they were going to be removed originally (from what I remember) so it wouldn't be the same kind of prestige anyway. I've also got a suspicion that most people "upset" about this are people that are hoping Classic items will eventually transfer to retail, which hopefully will never happen.

Also wow I'd almost forgotten about the fluorescent mechanostrider. Such a shame the guy tried to abuse being allowed to keep it by attempting to sell his account. People like him are why we can't have nice, fun things.
    Last edited by seleri; 2019-05-17 at 10:57 PM.

I went to Wowhead to confirm this and seems like that's partially wrong. You're right about the Fluorescent Mechstrider, but there is no Cheetah Mount in the database.

These are the only two mounts Leopard that I've found, and there are no documented instances of them being given out to players:

Reins of the Leopard
    Reins of the Primal Leopard

No YouTube videos or anything either, unlike the Mechanostrider.
    There was definitely a guy with the cheetah mount. I remember him very vividly flaunting it and then it being taken away and players demanding Blizzard restore his unique mount

As someone who had the unarmored mount in vanilla but was dumb and traded it in for an armored mount, I was really looking forward to getting the unarmored mount again.

This was a big carrot on the stick for me, it’s disappointing to see it not added. Walking around major cities and seeing the old school mounts every now and then was awesome.

Being too poor to buy an unarmored mount when they were around, I had hoped to get one this time around. Admittedly, this decision does take some of the oomph out of leveling for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up on the cash shop, really.