Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    1,054
    As a like tat likes Allied Races, and want more “flavors” Wildhammers and Dragonmaw are kind of a good option. Both would make sense to have a flying mount as their Allied Race mount, DK start out high enough that flying is a 10 minute wait. Really heritage armor is the weird hang up, and at 120 levels, is halting it for two races that big a deal?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Vrykul would be a perfect DK Allied Race. They were already in Northrend. The biggest obstacle is explaining why they would have joined either faction in the time between then and now.

    That said, if the next expansion furthers the Undead theme with Sylvanas, Helya, and necromancers, more new Death Knights could be created from all existing races.
    The Worgen already had somewhat wonky lore when it came to DKs. IE they broke free and joined the alliance, yet we didn't see their presence until cataclysm. Same can be done for Vrykrul they broke free after the attack on lights hope, couldn't return to their people as they are loyal to the lich king and went to the alliance. Only issue there would have been no mention of them for ten years in the lore.

  3. #23
    If San'layn become an Allied Race they would have to include DK.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    We call them "heroes", but we only say so to differentiate them from the rest of the soldiers. Those weren't all 'heroes', but also powerful generals, cunning commanders, etc, from a military group. Not all of them go around the world help people.
    who are you to say that its literally impossible? dks have no memory of their past whatsoever, so that isnt taken into consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    As for the lightforged draenei, there was no way they could have come to help at that time. They were already engaged in war with the Burning Legion for a long time, and at no point we have any indication that they ever got the upper hand enough to be able to spare troops to send specifically to Azeroth and not to other Legion-infested worlds.
    again, who are you to say that its literally impossible? the legion being on azeroth and unopposed by the holy lightforged army could cause more trouble than ignoring it, considering they could have an entirely new planet to deal with. we also at no point have any indication that they ever didnt get the upper hand enough to be able to spare troops to send specifically to Azeroth and stop another world from becoming a legion infested world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I take it as an indication that despite some pandaren being around Azeroth, pre-Wrath, there weren't enough pandaren to make it available as a playable race option for DKs.
    the player character is supposed to be ONE person. the other people that are around us are to be considered essentially elite soldiers as far as the story that you want to talk about is concerned. ONE is all it would take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, it's not "only used for RP purposes". The game has a story, and if you don't like it, well, tough for you. But if we're just going ot throw story and lore right out the window, might as well just completely change WoW and make it a "dungeon simulator" with no story, just randomly generated dungeons with randomly generated monster population and randomly generated loot and hazards.

    No customization option as well, since that's just "rp". Everyone looks the same. No lore, no story, pure gameplay.
    like you said, the game has a story, and if you dont like it, tough for you. you dont know every single thing that random people in the world do. so who the hell are you to once again say that it is literally impossible for any of this to happen? i know, its hard to believe, but things that arent actually covered in a story, CAN actually happen. unless you are specifically told that it can never ever possibly happen, it actually can.

    by your logic, nothing outside of exactly what you see and hear in the game happens. oddly enough, thats not how it works. theres an entire world... multiple, actually, that has to have at least a million citizens that are going about their lives. how can you honestly believe that NOT EVEN ONE could EVER possibly consider being in a place other than their home town? how can you say that they couldnt POSSIBLY learn to be a hunter, or learn magic that is taboo to their race? or become spiritual and be a monk, or priest, or paladin?

    like i said, undead priests already break lore, troll paladins break lore, human druids break lore. so you going into the bs and basically telling me everything has to strictly adhere to the story we know that or piss off is kind of being hypocritical.

    im really not sure why youre going on about the bs with a dungeon simulator and no customization. that makes less than no sense and has less than nothing to do with anything i said, but you seem to have some issues that you need to deal with, so ill let you get along with that.....


    Quote Originally Posted by Amathricus View Post
    Those Mag'har and the ones the players chose are from different realities. The ones in TBC are the Outland ones that lived through the Draenor history that Garrosh didn't corrupt. The ones the players play are the ones from WoD. SPOILER: They have a different time line and don't step foot on Azeroth until the player goes there, years after the events of WoD to recruit them, and essentially save them from Yrel's zealots.
    wasnt it gul'dan that tricked the orcs into drinking the demons blood, and grommash was the first leader to drink the demons blood?

    also... we helped both versions of the mag'har orcs. Garrosh himself is a mag'har orc that went back to azeroth, are you saying that NONE of the other mag'har could have possibly gone back with him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amathricus View Post
    With few exceptions (Gravewalker Gie, the NPCs from the Island Expeditions), all DKs you see were raised by Arthas, it's the very nature of the entire DK quest chain. So as was said earlier, the only possible ones would be the Zandalari and the Dark Iron Dwarves, possibly the Kul'Tirans. WoD PC Mag'har didn't exist in the same reality as Arthas, Void Elves were created a few expansions after his death, Nightborne were magicked away in their bubble (there could be an argument for them, honestly).
    like i said, i agree that void elves cant possibly be DKs. they didnt even exist at the time. the only possible way would be for bolvar to have raised one, but im not sure hes quite that insane just yet. nightborne would be another one that would be difficult to explain unless they had found a cure to their mana addiction way back before wotlk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amathricus View Post
    And there are always exceptions to class rules (the two NE Paladins in the Pally Order Hall, the pandaren DK Gie from the Garrison etc, Anduin still being a priest wearing plate armor), but those rarely come into play with available classes for races or what the classes can do.
    like i explained to the other person, the player character is one person, the people with him as far as gameplay/lore is concerned are just elite soldiers. so i dont understand how there can be exceptions, but we cant be among those exceptions.

    edit: i should clarify, im not saying we should be able to be priests with plate, but we should at least be able to be other class/race combos. every race seems to be able to use every form of magic known to classes, some races its just taboo to use (nightelves hate arcane magic iirc, but can be arcane mages). some makes no sense like undead being able to cast holy spells, but that is already currently in the game, so im not really seeing the issue should another anomaly like that pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amathricus View Post
    I would love to see a new faction of DKs, maybe Alliance heroes who are dedicated to their causes who want to keep fighting no matter what and have consented to Bolvar to be raised to fight once more, or (hahah, ruffled feathers time), maybe raised by Sylvanas. Alliance heroes who are mortified about be raised without consent and once again fight for the Alliance. Or Horde heroes who simply wish to continue fighting for their causes by either of them.
    see? its not impossible for things like this to happen. its unlikely, but so is most everything we've survived and accomplished.
    Last edited by Sevarin; 2019-05-17 at 03:46 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Void elves and lightforged draenei literally did not exist in Azeroth until Legion, meaning they weren't around pre-Wrath for the Lich King to raise their dead.

    Nightborne and Highmountain tauren existed in Azeroth since... millennia, but nightborne never left their bubble (literally) until Legion, and the Highmountain tauren never left the Broken Isles (to my knowledge).

    And while it's technically correct to say that Lich King could have had his minions procure the bodies of dead highborne/highmountain tauren to raise... it'd be incredibly unfair to the Alliance to give the Horde allied races that could be DK... while the Alliance is left with races that cannot.

    Mag'har orcs also cannot be death knights because, again, they literally didn't exist on Azeroth until now. But Zandalari and Dark Iron dwarves totally should have been able to be DKs, since both existed prior to Wrath, and were around the world. To some extent.
    Dark Iron Dwarves and Kul Tirans could easily be Death knights.

  6. #26
    I always thought I'd be able to make a Zandalari DK when they announced Zandalar because of Zul'drak in Northrend. The Drakkari Ice trolls went mad trying to fight off Scourge and Zandalari sent some people to try collect some of the history before it was lost. No way every single one of the Zandalari survived, some would have ended up as DK's.

  7. #27
    Yes, all arguments against Pandaren/AR Death Knights are valid, and obviously, the main reason was to not make these newer races too obligatory, but I'm a little bored, so let's speculate how the newer races could be WotLK-era DKs anyway:

    Zandalari and Dark Iron are no-brainers, they had a large enough presence that a few could have been in Northrend or at least northern EK at the right er wrong time. Zandalari are in fact confirmed, there are Troll NPCs in Zuldrak of the Zandalari faction, could be 'regular' Trolls on an assignment or actual Zandalari (have to check whether their models were changed)

    Void Elves are Void-infused Blood Elves, there's no reason there couldn't have been Death Knights among those that followed/were exiled with Umbric.
    Yesyes, that "Void hates Undeath" thing that's based on one line in a comic, that also could've been a quasi-truth to sow (more) discord between the Windrunners. I'm ignoring that. Even if, no reason a DK can't use Shadow/Void magic.

    Highmountain were somewhat isolationist, but they had to have some explorers as well. Their Taunka cousins provided an easy reason to go to Northrend.

    Not 100% sure on this, but it sounded like Nightborne were exiled from/could leave the bubble even before the Legion tore it down. Many turned Withered, but the Nexus War could have attracted those that survived long enough.
    Bonus points for special Withered/Nightfallen face/skin options.

    Kul Tirans are sailors and traders, no reason here why some couldn't have been in Lordaeron during the Third War (no split with the rest of the Alliance yet) or in Northrend.

    However, a No to Mag'har (you can RP them as Outland Mag'har, but they're intended as being from AU Draenor - edit: with the dark skin options (#10 - #12) available to Orc DKs, you could RP them as either kind of Mag'har, too) and Lightforged, unless newer DKs are explained as being raised by the Ebon Blade or Lich King Bolvar, especially during a Death/Shadowlands-themed expansion.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-05-18 at 10:11 AM.
    What does it do? Ask TokenSplainer! | Keep track of your Possessions

  8. #28
    All I pictue while reading this post is the people wanting this on the floor hitting it with hands and feet, while crying "I WANT I WANT." Sigh

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Zandalari and Dark Iron are no-brainers, they had a large enough presence that a few could have been in Northrend or at least northern EK at the right er wrong time. Zandalari are in fact confirmed, there are Troll NPCs in Zuldrak of the Zandalari faction, could be 'regular' Trolls on an assignment or actual Zandalari (have to check whether their models were changed)
    From https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zul%27Drak

    "The Drakkari have recently gone mad after they sacrificed their Loa animal gods in an attempt to fight off the Scourge. The Argent Crusade has returned to play a role in Zul'Drak as have members of the Zandalar tribe, who have come to try and save some of the Drakkari history before it is wiped out. The region itself is a giant ziggurat of the now broken civilization. "

    and

    "On the other hand, the Zandalar tribe has arrived to both intervene on behalf of the gods and chronicle the end of the Drakkari Empire. "

    So yeah they were definitely Zandalari.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambaldi View Post
    So yeah they were definitely Zandalari.
    Yes, but as I mentioned, I'm not quite sure yet whether these were actual Zandalari as in members of the race, or agents from other tribes.
    Will investigate further tonight, unless I forget.
    What does it do? Ask TokenSplainer! | Keep track of your Possessions

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Any lore reasons given are bullshit. The only reason is that DKs start at a higher level and Blizzard couldn't be bothered to think about a workaround for that.
    Workaround seems pretty simple to me. Any allied race DKs are ineligible to unlock heritage armor. Just keep Pandaren and Kul'tirans away.

  12. #32
    If Heritage grind is obstacle, they should do something like this: you can race change your DKs and DHs, but to create new one, you need to reach level 55 (98 with DH) manually on regular class. People with Heritage achiev can create new one (for that race) from the start.

    Of course they would enable it only for races that make sense.

  13. #33
    Immortal Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    7,731
    Two of the IE allied race NPCs are already Death Knights.

    Dark Iron - Lady Tamakeen


    Mag'har - Charg "the Boistertous"


    So I would say its a gameplay limitation and not a lore one.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Synros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Any lore reasons given are bullshit. The only reason is that DKs start at a higher level and Blizzard couldn't be bothered to think about a workaround for that.
    Just because you don't like the reason, doesn't mean it's bullshit.

    It makes absolutely zero sense to have NEW allied races become Death Knights, when there isn't a Lich King actively creating new ones within the lore. Any player creating a Death Knight now is doing so within the time period of WotLK, NOT within the time period of BFA. I mean it really isn't that hard to understand, dude. So get over yourself.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Dark Iron and Zandalari have the best chances if it happens since they both were on the main continents when that whole thing happened.
    This should have happened.

  16. #36
    High Overlord Jericho21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Mag'har orcs also cannot be death knights because, again, they literally didn't exist on Azeroth until now. .
    Wrong, Karen. Mag'har were around since TBC. Try again.

  17. #37
    If Blizzard does the level squish they could make any race DKs. Part of the problem is DKs starting at a different level from the allied races. If the level squish happens every class could start at level 1 and fix the issue.

    Demon Hunters however, i don't know if they could be any other race since lore wise it's very specific who followed illidan. I guess like monks, demon hunting could be taught.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves and Kul Tirans could easily be Death knights.
    Read what I wrote at the end of my post in which you posted in its entirety?
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

  19. #39
    You've been on/near the bottom of the DPS charts since WoD. Why would you want to spend more money on playing a DK?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Wrong, Karen. Mag'har were around since TBC. Try again.
    Go look at the lore. They weren't part of the order of the silverhand or cenarion circle, or whatever other faction that's at lights hope chapel.

    That's where playable DKs are from. The orders that banded together at the chapel.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    who are you to say that its literally impossible? dks have no memory of their past whatsoever, so that isnt taken into consideration.
    Looks like you didn't play the DK intro experience. They do have all their memories of their past lives.

    again, who are you to say that its literally impossible? the legion being on azeroth and unopposed by the holy lightforged army could cause more trouble than ignoring it, considering they could have an entirely new planet to deal with.
    Again, look at the lore: the Army of Light have been struggling against the Legion for the longest time. The Legion wasn't called "the infinite army" for nothing. And Azeroth is just one in who knows how many thousands, if not millions of planets the Legion had under their control. Azeroth, unfortunately, would be the lowest of the low in the priority list, I imagine.

    the player character is supposed to be ONE person. the other people that are around us are to be considered essentially elite soldiers as far as the story that you want to talk about is concerned. ONE is all it would take.
    Not really. Doesn't work like that. You're not "the exception" at creation. You're "one of them".

    by your logic, nothing outside of exactly what you see and hear in the game happens. oddly enough, thats not how it works.
    Thank goodness that's not my logic, then. I'm just saying we cannot assume something "as fact" just because we don't see any confirmation that it's "not a fact".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Wrong, Karen. Mag'har were around since TBC. Try again.
    Wrong. The Mag'har, the playable Mag'har did not "exist" until the Warlords of Draenor expansion. The playable Mag'har are exiled orcs from Alternate Draenor, not from Outland.
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •