New monk tank - party/raid frame location?

Good afternoon! I'm recently returning to the game to level with a group of friends through dungeon finder as a Brewmaster and I'm just trying to gauge where abouts you fellow Brewmasters keep your unitframes? currently I'm using elvui which I can move them about which by default they are on the left above the chat frame.

Should I have them more central to my viewing and maybe scrap my own unitframe and put the atop the group frame?

My raid frames are on the left for all my characters that are tanks or DPS. Only for my healers, do I have raid frames in the middle (bottom) of my screen.

Tbh I cant understand why on frames like elvui puts the unit frames for tanks and dps on the left. Its almost a spot where you leave and forget and hope you dont need. Its so out the way that sometimes you can miss critical information. For instance, say a disease needs to be dispelled and you are the only one who can do it. You arent going to notice it if the raid frames arent somewhat central and even if you do, moving your mouse to target that person who needs to be dispelled is very out of the way and can be difficult to adjust especially if you use the mouse to turn.

Ok that being said, I can see that, unlike a healer, you dont need to micromanage the unit frames so moving it out the way can make seeing your surroundings that much easier, but im not sure its worth it
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2019-05-19 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Good afternoon! I'm recently returning to the game to level with a group of friends through dungeon finder as a Brewmaster and I'm just trying to gauge where abouts you fellow Brewmasters keep your unitframes? currently I'm using elvui which I can move them about which by default they are on the left above the chat frame.

Should I have them more central to my viewing and maybe scrap my own unitframe and put the atop the group frame?
    tbh deactivate the elvui raid frames and enable the blizzard ones, they're in my opinion way better.

Personally as a tank/dps I move my raid frames to the center left side... basically just a little to the left of my player frame (which is also in the center)