Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I hope you're right because I would love it to be so. However, statistically, you're saying Blizzard will succeed where literally no one else ever has before. The odds are not looking good for Blizzard. There is a 99.99% chance that you're the one who is actually wrong. However, it wouldn't be the first time 0.01% has won so I'm anxious to see what happens.
    What are you talking about "you're saying Blizzard will succeed where literally no one else ever has before"? Take a look at Runescape, Old school is drastically more popular than modern RS and it's not just "nostalgia", people actually enjoy the way it plays better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    You guys don’t get it. OP do you not realize that many people simply prefer to play older games? Do you go tell people who prefer to play Morrowind how stupid they are when Skyrim is available? What about those who prefer Final Fantasy 6 over the latest one? I mean afterall, the newest Final Fantasy got rid of all those old shitty mechanics from FF6 and it’s light years ahead of 6 in terms of mechanics!
    You have a point. My brother and his best friend are like that, to a degree. Especially his friend. Playing old games just because they're old and nostolgic never made sense to me, but it doesn't have to... people like what they like.

This thread isn't an attempt to critisize people for what they like or prefer. It was written with a certain type of person in mind: the kind that bash modern WoW by using Classic as an example of everything they think went wrong with WoW.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    No one will ever take my memories from me no power in the universe can do that ....
    If this was a riddle the answer would be time. Time makes all memories fade or become jumbled.

I played on Pserver for over a year and enjoyed it immensly that alone is counterproof to your statement, this post adds nothing. Let people enjoy what they enjoy in peace. Why do people always feel the need to express their own opinion as a fact instead of seeing it as your interpretation of reality, truelly baffles me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nice blog fam.

I’ve never played classic WoW and I’m pretty hyped to explore Azeroth without all the butchered lore the modern game has. I have no nostalgia for the game at all.

I always find posts like this to be funny. At what point do we start admitting that maybe, just maybe, people genuinely want to play a more barebones, throwback version of WoW without the frills and conveniences? Everything comes back to “people are chasing nostalgia” or “wait until people realize how bad and lacking it was” and it all ignores the plain fact that there is an audience(myself included) for what vanilla was. Will there be people who try it, hate it and move on? Sure. Will people realize maybe their memories were off? Sure. But if other servers and the general enthusiasm shows anything, it’s that there is a market and a player base for vanilla that just wants that type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    I played on Pserver for over a year and enjoyed it immensly that alone is counterproof to your statement, this post adds nothing. Let people enjoy what they enjoy in peace. Why do people always feel the need to express their own opinion as a fact instead of seeing it as your interpretation of reality, truelly baffles me.
    You enjoying something isn't "counterproof" of anything -- and the fact that you don't see the irony of your final statement frightens me.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

7+ Year Old Account
    This topic may had a point if there was no one argument.
    *Server with no name*. And others PS.
    Nostalgia is feeling that flows away right after the moment you reach something you have nostalgia about. Classic is different story. Many people, as i am, played on these servers, and played for long time, not because of nostalgia, this feeling dissapeared in week or so. These people played because of gameplay, community, because game rewarded them after some real work, and so on. So idea that people would leave right after nostalgia feeling will go away is bullshit, just because PS's already prooved that this is wrong.
    Last edited by Dentelan; 2019-05-17 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    Its a WoW stripped of most - if not all - of what makes today's WoW so good.
    If not troll, max iq<0.
    12 year rogue player!

That has nothing to do with creativity, dipshit. My mom purchased WoW for me Christmas 04, and I haven't stopped since.
    Next time, maybe think a little longer before you post.
    Yes... it does. I figured she did as it's very clear how old you are.

That's one big issue I have: it's not all the different. It's just worse.

What you're interpreting as differences is in fact just a lack of development. Everything that WoW is today came from Classic WoW. It was the precursor; we play the result. Creating an artificial separation in your mind to make sense of Classic WoW is fine, but that doesn't mean it corresponds with reality.

It has the same system, and its essentially the same philosophy except for a select few exceptions.
    This is still World of Warcraft.

I mean I don't hate the idea of classic WoW - I'm going to make a character myself, and my brother is the opposite of me (he's super excited for it, and started WoW the same time I did). However, he's also 5 years younger than me so when he started he was 11 and that influenced his sense of nostolgia.

That has nothing to do with creativity, dipshit. My mom purchased WoW for me Christmas 04, and I haven't stopped since.
    Next time, maybe think a little longer before you post.
    Why the fuck does it matter? Who cares... If people enjoy it, let them enjoy it... Why do you feel the need to shit on people for enjoying something you clearly dont? Fuck off.

Ofc i see the irony im surprised you do however cause you state your opinion as a fact (That's one big issue I have: it's not all the different. It's just worse.) See how you worded this as a fact instead of saying in my opinions its worse. Since you decided to do that i decided to do the same creating 2 polar oposite facts wich cant both be true. Unless you were to realise your own statement is in fact not a fact but an opinion, perhaps leading to you realising that it would be better to just let this topic be and let people enjoy what they enjoy.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2019-05-17 at 03:48 PM.

Yes... it does. I figured she did as it's very clear how old you are.
    We'd all love for you to explain how referencing a past event is related to creativity in this case.
    Last edited by Jinnobi; 2019-05-17 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    So how long until your main forum account is unbanned?
    1 Jan 3000, apparently. Not that it matters, because wow devs don't go to the eu forums.

Ah, you mean here? I forgot my password, exceeded login attempts, and cba to reset the password and wait for the timeout. creating a new account was much faster, and which nickname I post with is irrelevant.
    Last edited by clownpenisfart; 2019-05-17 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Ofc i see the irony im surprised you do however cause you state your opinion as a fact. Since you decided to do that i decided to do the same creating 2 polar oposite facts wich cant both be true. Unless you were to realise your own statement is in fact not a fact but an opinion, perhaps leading to you realising that it would be better to just let this topic be and let people enjoy what they enjoy.
    The only issue is that what you are claiming is my opinion isn't my opinion. It's a fact.

There are some things that aren't opinions, even if the person making the statement is someone you disagree with.

And then you have people like this, who somehow failed at WoW and instead of nostolgia to lean on, its anger and frustration.

Just because you have personal problems with the greatest MMO yet created, doesn't mean they're not your personal problems.
    Maybe take a break and come back a year from now, see if your perspective has changed.

Or maybe you should replace video games with a different hobby - something more suited to your skillset.
    I have a metal detector for sale, its cheap!
    lmao look at this guy who believes that grinding in a shitty mmo is a skill

That's one big issue I have: it's not all the different. It's just worse.

What you're interpreting as differences is in fact just a lack of development. Everything that WoW is today came from Classic WoW. It was the precursor; we play the result. Creating an artificial separation in your mind to make sense of Classic WoW is fine, but that doesn't mean it corresponds with reality.

It has the same system, and its essentially the same philosophy except for a select few exceptions.
    This is still World of Warcraft.
    This is where you are just objectively wrong. The original NES Zelda, OoT, and Breath of the Wild are all VASTLY different games but none are "better" than the other ... because it depends on the player.

If you think retail and classic are that similar then you just don't really understand game design all the much. Sorry...

Sure there are things that are facts but unless you show to me a scientificly proven method of determining that WOW retail is better then classic i will continue to interpret it as an opinion instead of fact.

If all the years of improvements and the cumulative content could be magically added to Classic WoW - and we in our teenage years could have had access to the whole of WoW as it is now, instead of what it was back then - our enjoyment and memories of the game would almost certainly be even deeper, stronger, and more varied. And we'd never go back to some half-baked, pre-learning experience WoW classic. It would be taking away a myriad of features that make WoW a great game, and once nostalgia is removed from the picture, it doesn't make sense.

Its a WoW stripped of most - if not all - of what makes today's WoW so good. It's a barebones WoW that is deeply flawed, but was **so good for its time** that it barely mattered.
    Holy crap, i only bothered to read the OP now. What kind of argument is this?

Classic WoW is COMPLETELY different from BfA.

How can something "completely different" not have its own merits? Merits that are not just nostalgia?

Community
    Slower paced
    Community
    Community
    Relevant item upgrades
    More community
    Better economy

How cant people understand this? They are just different games, each with its own merits.

You're just regurgitating crap that others have already said.

Your opinion is completely pointless.

To quote a genius... "Full Stop"