Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    That's one big issue I have: it's not all the different. It's just worse.

    What you're interpreting as differences is in fact just a lack of development. Everything that WoW is today came from Classic WoW. It was the precursor; we play the result. Creating an artificial separation in your mind to make sense of Classic WoW is fine, but that doesn't mean it corresponds with reality.

    It has the same system, and its essentially the same philosophy except for a select few exceptions.
    This is still World of Warcraft.

    I mean I don't hate the idea of classic WoW - I'm going to make a character myself, and my brother is the opposite of me (he's super excited for it, and started WoW the same time I did). However, he's also 5 years younger than me so when he started he was 11 and that influenced his sense of nostolgia.



    That has nothing to do with creativity, dipshit. My mom purchased WoW for me Christmas 04, and I haven't stopped since.
    Next time, maybe think a little longer before you post.
    It doesn't have titanforging so when you enter a raid and kill a boss you probably aren't DE-ing the loot from the first kill because it didn't titanforge and everyone has better. You don't have to grind 50 mythic+ for the same trinket you already have but with a higher number each new tier. Addition by subtraction.

    Its grinds actually end, instead of being endless and wearing you down month after month.

    And it has master loot, so it doesn't irrationally hate raiders that's kind of nice.


    I'd prefer the retail game if it fixed all the awful shit wrong with it but classic will have to do.

  2. #42
    There's definitely going to be a huge pool of players where they get on board the hype train, log in, and within 20min realize holy shit this is terrible.

    But there will also be a group of players where the live game has become so bloated (not with abilities lol) with systems and expansion content and gear sources etc... that just going back to a simpler time, that's slower and more chill will be good.

    I think the group of the players who will be immediately disillusioned in the first day of play is going to be significantly larger though. Most players.

  3. #43
    Mechagnome Averrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Causing problems for you
    Posts
    688
    The community it was made classic WoW so great, nothing else. The game was so broken and bugged and had so many issues it was such a pain to play at times. People aren't going to get that same experience today, unless that same kind of community can be replicated as well.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    This is where you are just objectively wrong. The original NES Zelda, OoT, and Breath of the Wild are all VASTLY different games but none are "better" than the other ... because it depends on the player.

    If you think retail and classic are that similar then you just don't really understand game design all the much. Sorry...
    The games you mentioned aren't expansions of the same base game.
    Remember, every expansion that you play is still World of Warcraft: X Y Z
    This isn't comparing, say, Warcraft III to World of Warcraft.
    We're talking about literally the same game. The progression of expansions that slowly and surely upgraded and improved the game over time. If you - or anyone else - believe that the game hasn't been upgraded in the course of 15 years, I have nothing to say to them or about them, except that fools will be fools.
    “It is so hard to believe because it is so hard to obey.”
    ― Soren Kierkegaard

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It doesn't have titanforging so when you enter a raid and kill a boss you probably aren't DE-ing the loot from the first kill because it didn't titanforge and everyone has better. You don't have to grind 50 mythic+ for the same trinket you already have but with a higher number each new tier. Addition by subtraction.

    Its grinds actually end, instead of being endless and wearing you down month after month.

    And it has master loot, so it doesn't irrationally hate raiders that's kind of nice.


    I'd prefer the retail game if it fixed all the awful shit wrong with it but classic will have to do.
    What are we supposed to do in this thread? Tell the OP what we have told millions of times already in every single other thread why "Vanilla is different from BfA because...numerous reasons"?

    All is needed to know is that Classic =/= BfA, everyone knows this

    I guess im just salty because im incredibly lazy atm and dont want to type yet again why Classic is Different from current (T_T)

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    Its a WoW stripped of most - if not all - of what makes today's WoW so good.
    You and I see the world very differently.

  7. #47
    Dreadlord Animalhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Champagne Supernova
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    That's one big issue I have: it's not all the different. It's just worse.

    What you're interpreting as differences is in fact just a lack of development. Everything that WoW is today came from Classic WoW. It was the precursor; we play the result. Creating an artificial separation in your mind to make sense of Classic WoW is fine, but that doesn't mean it corresponds with reality.

    It has the same system, and its essentially the same philosophy except for a select few exceptions.
    This is still World of Warcraft.

    I mean I don't hate the idea of classic WoW - I'm going to make a character myself, and my brother is the opposite of me (he's super excited for it, and started WoW the same time I did). However, he's also 5 years younger than me so when he started he was 11 and that influenced his sense of nostolgia.



    That has nothing to do with creativity, dipshit. My mom purchased WoW for me Christmas 04, and I haven't stopped since.
    Next time, maybe think a little longer before you post.

    Just don's play it!
    Is it that hard?! My god have you not seen the multitudes of posts exactly like yous?
    We don't need you to save us, most of us know EXACTLY what is different and THAT is why we like it.
    Almost none of us classic players give a flying f#ck if you don't like it or perceive it to be worse.

    Don't play it, that simple.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    You're just regurgitating crap that others have already said.

    Your opinion is completely pointless.

    To quote a genius... "Full Stop"
    That's not what you were talking about.

    You were talking about my "creativity" in regard to me saying I have played WoW since Christmas 04.
    You didn't make sense, and I called you out.

    Don't try to change the subject, halfwit. Try again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmasher View Post
    You and I see the world very differently.
    Maybe that's the best way to put it. Especially since there's nothing wrong with that.

    Infracted: Do not insult other users {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-17 at 06:47 PM.
    “It is so hard to believe because it is so hard to obey.”
    ― Soren Kierkegaard

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    That's not what you were talking about.

    You were talking about my "creativity" in regard to me saying I have played WoW since Christmas 04.
    You didn't make sense, and I called you out.

    Don't try to change the subject, halfwit. Try again.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Maybe that's the best way to put it. Especially since there's nothing wrong with that.
    But there is something wrong with it when you present your world vieuw as a fact.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    That's not what you were talking about.

    You were talking about my "creativity" in regard to me saying I have played WoW since Christmas 04.
    You didn't make sense, and I called you out.

    Don't try to change the subject, halfwit. Try again.
    .
    You have not yet mastered the art of reading comprehension.

    Keep trying, you'll get it one day!

    Overall, you're trying to talk about something you don't fully understand, and it's hilarious watching you try.

    Not sure why you continue to try to argue, you're embarrassing yourself.
    Last edited by Castration; 2019-05-17 at 04:03 PM.

  11. #51
    @Jinnobi dont mind the haters who say your thread isnt original.

    My only problem with your opinion is that you fail to see Classic's "merits" apart from "nostalgia"

    What about the millions of people who never played Classic?
    What about CLassic's merits for being a different game?

    Because...there are merits for Classic? Right? Compared to the current game?

  12. #52
    Your arguments are weak and you simply don't understand that people don't think exactly like you do.

    Get your head out of your ass. This is a subjective world. People like different things. Just because you don't agree with something, or think that people will perceive things the way that you do doesn't mean that that's the way it's going to actually be.

    Respect this: to each their own. End of story.

    Last time I am writing in a thread like this.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

  13. #53
    Too bad there is no downvoting on this forum

  14. #54
    Elemental Lord clevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Other Side of Azeroth
    Posts
    8,172
    Why do you give a fuck, OP? Why shit on something that others are looking forward to?

    And no, Classic is not just like BFA - that you say this makes me thing that either you never played it, or your memory is for shit.

  15. #55
    These anti classic posts and threads are getting really fucking annoying.... can’t wait til it comes out so it shuts them up.


    I literally banged my fist on my desk reading this

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Your arguments are weak and you simply don't understand that people don't think exactly like you do.

    Get your head out of your ass. This is a subjective world. People like different things. Just because you don't agree with something, or think that people will perceive things the way that you do doesn't mean that that's the way it's going to actually be.

    Respect this: to each their own. End of story.

    Last time I am writing in a thread like this.
    So many people really need to learn this, the world would be a much better place.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post

    Its a WoW stripped of most - if not all - of what makes today's WoW so good.

    you mean stripped of all things that make current wow so bad? paired with all the shit it has that current wow is stripped of

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post



    Maybe that's the best way to put it. Especially since there's nothing wrong with that.

    Right. I've had this conversation before with some people I know. They cannot wrap their mind around my love of Classic, and I cannot fathom how they think BFA is more fun. It's like... okay we enjoy different things, let that be the end of it.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Last time I am writing in a thread like this.
    Don't lie. There will be a hundred more threads like this and you'll tell them how dumb they are in each one.

  20. #60
    Logic is an intellectual construct, experience is reality based on perception.

    Both are flawed in their own ways. Claiming that one is better than the other is subjective at best.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •