Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i know all shitty parts about classic, i raided until nax back then, had rank 13 in pvp so..
    back in time u basically had to be jobless, a student, have school holidays or be some kind of rich dude who can play 15 hrs per day to reach any high end goals
    nowadays, with all those streamer f*** u need to be more jobless than ever before

once casual players find out that u need to invest more time into this game than in your relationship so that ur girl/boyfriend stays with u, they will quit because they cant reach anything besides 5man dungeons or strath/scholo/brd

but thank god nowadays the gold farmers are cheaper than ever, and u can buy everything of boosting sites, u can spend money to progress

classic will be their biggest mistake. i think they should have released a server with WOTLK again, that was the best time of WoW.
    Last edited by joggerwearerlol; 2019-05-17 at 08:51 PM.

personally I played vanilla and went back and played Nostalrius .. was the funnest time I've had in wow since 2007

it really is fun.

though I do have two kids now so It will take a year to hit 60 but i'm fine with that.. best thing in classic was leveling.

People play "bad" games just for the nostalgia all the time, so I don't see the point of this thread.

There are plenty of people that genuinely prefer Classic WoW over modern WoW though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    We're talking about literally the same game. The progression of expansions that slowly and surely upgraded and improved the game over time. If you - or anyone else - believe that the game hasn't been upgraded in the course of 15 years, I have nothing to say to them or about them, except that fools will be fools.
    I think you are confusing "updated" and "upgraded". Surely the game was updated over time, that is undeniable. That it's been upgraded is an opinion that will have many people on many sides with a number of valid points. Obviously there are a lot of creative ventures that do not get better over time (at least in the opinion of the majority.) The people controlling creative processes sometimes make mistakes or have desires that diverge from those of their consumers. It's not like there is some natural law that things have to get better as they are updated.

I generally like the modern game more and I don't know how much I will ever play Classic. Even in 2004 I found a lot of aspects of the game to be tedious and not fun. But I can respect that other people can legitimately prefer the game as it was compared to what it is now in BfA. That possibility is so obvious that I do not understand people who deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    i know all shitty parts about classic, i raided until nax back then, had rank 13 in pvp so..
    back in time u basically had to be jobless, a student, have school holidays or be some kind of rich dude who can play 15 hrs per day to reach any high end goals
    nowadays, with all those streamer f*** u need to be more jobless than ever before

once casual players find out that u need to invest more time into this game than in your relationship so that ur girl/boyfriend stays with u, they will quit because they cant reach anything besides 5man dungeons or strath/scholo/brd

but thank god nowadays the gold farmers are cheaper than ever, and u can buy everything of boosting sites, u can spend money to progress

classic will be their biggest mistake. i think they should have released a server with WOTLK again, that was the best time of WoW.
    To reach rank 14... Yes. To clear Naxx... Eh, maybe.

I've been playing WoW since Christmas '04. I was there for every major in-game event in WoW history. Mentioning this isn't an attempt to flex as much as its about countering halfwits who claim that experience > logical arguments. (Experience isn't more valid than logic, BTW.) So to preempt that bullshit, know that I've probably had more experience with WoW at every stage in the past than any given critic.

~bla bla bla bla~

Nah, what changed the game was your memories. Full stop.

Is your life so shallow that you have to make these pointless posts? Can't stand people enjoying something you do not? Here is some advice my friend: stop wasting your time here in the classic forum. We don't want you here.

I've been playing WoW since Christmas '04. I was there for every major in-game event in WoW history. Mentioning this isn't an attempt to flex as much as its about countering halfwits who claim that experience > logical arguments. (Experience isn't more valid than logic, BTW.) So to preempt that bullshit, know that I've probably had more experience with WoW at every stage in the past than any given critic.

BfA may not have done everything perfectly, but the WoW you can log into today is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Classic in just about every single aspect you can possibly image. The people who "remember" how great Classic WoW was are in reality remembering their experiences (not the gameplay itself) and how much they enjoyed WoW back in the day. In an effort to recapture the joy of the old days, they think all that must be done is to recreate the game they enjoyed. But they're not understanding that it wasn't about the quality of the game, rather it was about the sense of wonder and excitment for something new (and great! for its time) and their own ability to enjoy things back then vs now.

If all the years of improvements and the cumulative content could be magically added to Classic WoW - and we in our teenage years could have had access to the whole of WoW as it is now, instead of what it was back then - our enjoyment and memories of the game would almost certainly be even deeper, stronger, and more varied. And we'd never go back to some half-baked, pre-learning experience WoW classic. It would be taking away a myriad of features that make WoW a great game, and once nostalgia is removed from the picture, it doesn't make sense.

Its a WoW stripped of most - if not all - of what makes today's WoW so good. It's a barebones WoW that is deeply flawed, but was **so good for its time** that it barely mattered. WoW grew up along with us; that doesn't mean you can recapture the halcion days of the past by removing all the progression WoW has made, any more than you can recapture the joy and memories of your teenage years by trying to re-enroll in high school & droppin your current job in favor of part time McDonalds and moving out of your house to live with your parents again.

Some people have to experience the disappointment for themselves before they can accept the reality of the situation.
    That, or because they prefer the vastly simplified systems and hardcore-rewarding emphasis of Classic WoW.
    WoW Classic had virtually no endgame, it was just that everything took far, far longer to complete.
    I for one can't wait to see the bitching and moaning on the forums pertaining to how Classic WoW "isn't really classic" i.e. has been changed in some way.
    You simply don't get the point. They are two different games, with two separate game designs really. One could enjoy the old one without having to enjoy the new one, and the other way around. It's not a question of business class or first class, but rather going by train or airplane. Taking the train has its own charm, although airplane would go much faster.

well you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and you are definitely wrong, but at least you didn't waste your time writing up a huge post of nonsense.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense.

Private servers have existed for years, recapturing (if not 100% accurately) what Vanilla WoW was. A superior game in virtually every aspect.

BFA and all expansions since at least Wrath have been dumbed down, streamlined, accessible and hollow. The sense of wonder and accomplishment, of exclusivity and challenge are gone from the modern game. What's left is a steaming pile of trash that is polished to look pretty.

Vanilla has an entirely different game design and design philosophy. It's a game that requires effort and time investment, where things you do matter and where little if anything is given to you.

BFA and modern WoW is basically communism, while Vanilla is good old capitalism. In Vanilla things are exclusive, special and not everybody will get everything, but everbody has the chance to try and the journey is enjoyable and the experience rich and social. In BFA everyone is equal, has virtually everything handed to them without effort and yet no one's happy, because there's no joy in handouts and forced equality.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-05-17 at 09:29 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    -OMEGASNIP
    Just give it six months, dude. You'll be able to tell if you're right or wrong by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    OP has left the forum with his tail between his legs. He can't handle being wrong.
    Just because I can't be online all day doesn't mean I'm gone for good.

You've already been proven to be a total pussy for crying to the moderators about being called a halfwit - probably the tamest aspect of your personality I could have called out.

As for "being wrong," you can convince yourself that you're right but that doesn't change the reality of the situation. Keep telling yourself I'm wrong. I love to see you struggle against your subconscious.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

Can we please not have more of this "us vs. them" nonsense here regarding current WoW and classic WoW? It frankly sickens me people basing Classic while singing praises to current WoW and bashing current WoW while singing praises to Classic.

It almost feels like those people feel they must make one look bad to make the other look good.

People like what they like. Let the people who enjoy Classic enjoy their Classic game, and let people who enjoy current WoW enjoy current WoW.

Don't assume what people whom you don't even know want, (mis)remember or like.

It's fine to have your opinion. It's fine to prefer the current game. But you don't need to project that on everyone else.

BfA may not have done everything perfectly, but the WoW you can log into today is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Classic in just about every single aspect you can possibly image.
    I am not interested in classic WoW in the slightest because I know that it's not as good as the community thinks it is; but this comment shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Here were the best aspects of classic:

- Sense of accomplishment in every aspect of the game
    - Community interaction
    - Prestige factor (aka caring about the gear that you got)
    - Immersion

Here are the worst aspects of modern WoW:

- no sense of accomplishment in the vast majority of the game
    - no community interaction required for the vast majority of the game
    - no prestige factor because everyone gets cool/powerful gear for free
    - no immersion because content is disposed of quickly and easily

What this tells me is that WoW has gotten better in many ways over time, but it has also gotten worse in many ways over time. The reason why a large portion of the playerbase has felt alienated over the years is because Blizzard eliminates aspects of the game that people used to like even if they had some flaws.

I believe that classic will constantly lose players for these reasons:

- it's not a new game so there's nothing to discover
    - people will not like all of the bad aspects of classic that were fixed in modern WoW
    - classic doesn't appeal well to the majority of players (BFA doesn't either)

However this is not to say that BFA is miles ahead of classic in every way (like u put it); what I'm trying to say is that modern WoW is different then classic not necessarily better which is the main problem. The game hasn't improved much over the past 15 years it has simply changed into something else.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2019-05-17 at 09:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

BfA may not have done everything perfectly, but the WoW you can log into today is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Classic in just about every single aspect you can possibly image.

Blah Blah Blah

Full stop.
    I've played WoW since Vanilla Beta. I was there for every major in-game event in WoW history. So, in reality, I actually have an objectively better grounding than you do.

Furthermore, I'm reasonably old, which means I've played WoW as an adult the entire time. So, I have the further benefit of having an adult perspective for the entire lifecycle of this product.

Finally, I understand enough about debates and discussions to point out that your logical arguments aren't logical at all. While many suffer from wearing rose-colored glasses of the past, you are suffering from wearing rose-colored glasses of the present.

You are trying to push a current game perspective against a game that wasn't designed that way. It isn't that Classic is better per se, but that Classic was not designed solely around end-game content like it is today. And many elements of "convenience" in the current state of the game is also accurately viewed as removals of RPG.

Some people, such as yourself, will never learn that despite the same overall name, you are trying to compare apples to oranges. What changed your memories is that the game changed, and you weren't aware enough to understand that you've been lead around like a sheep. Full stop.

Also, just an aside: I barely post here, but I get infracted first day for calling someone a "halfwit" while someone chose the name "clown penis fart" and that's A-Okay.

This is the world we live in.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    People like what they like. Let the people who enjoy Classic enjoy their Classic game, and let people who enjoy current WoW enjoy current WoW.
    Yes please No need to have validation from everyone else to enjoy something. It's ok to like things that other people don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    But that's the thing, subs have been plummeting because current WoW is anything but good.

Also, anecdotal evidence, "REE IT'S ONLY NOSTALGIA, IT HAS NO REDEEMING FEATURES AT ALL" etc etc.
    Think I've seen this exact post about 400 times, and I think the same amount of people as last time actually care about it. Which is zero.
    the belief that the solution to current problems is to go back to old versions is called the "conservative fallacy", reverting changes may solve the immediate issue but only reintroduces the issues that drove the changes to the new in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What about the millions of people who never played Classic?

"It will be a lesson of Oldschool VS Current times" ?
    same as why some young people are conservative and idealize a time before the were born

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    But that's the thing, subs have been plummeting because current WoW is anything but good.
    Attributing the decline of subs to one single factor is, in my opinion, the most dishonest position one can take regarding this issue.

People seem to not understand that these are two different games, classic is not made to replace BFA it's to fill a void. For people who like MMORPGS, BFA is geared towards people that don't.

Both games can coexist, I don't understand the constant us vs them scenario I see on these forums.