Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Ohh look, it's the IGN Senior Writer again, get outta here, we don't want you here.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    What I noticed when I tried out BFA again is how much it plays like a mobile game, call me crazy but it is possible for blizzard to move modern WoW to mobile and keep classic WoW on a subscription based system and expand on it later.
    You're crazy.

The coordination required for retail M+/Mythic raiding is significantly higher than anything in classic.

Literal window lickers are full clearing Naxx on PServers, the sort of player who is grey parsing every fight while struggling to kill normal crucible but can deal with legitemately spamming one button in the "hardest" content classic can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    Its a WoW stripped of most - if not all - of what makes today's WoW so good.
    That's sure funny, because it's exactly those things that me and so many others hate about modern wow.
    Retail players just hate so much that classic is a thing, don't they?

I hope classic destroys retail so they can focus on making tbc and wrath after classic quickly.

Oh boy here we go, another "GAME SUCKS, YOU'RE JUST NOSTALGIC LOLOLOL" post

Super original thread, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    You're crazy.

The coordination required for retail M+/Mythic raiding is significantly higher than anything in classic.

Literal window lickers are full clearing Naxx on PServers, the sort of player who is grey parsing every fight while struggling to kill normal crucible but can deal with legitemately spamming one button in the "hardest" content classic can offer.
    Not saying mythic will be In a mobile game, the game could be easily turned into a mobile LFR dungeon loot collector type of game, again I never said it will but it could and it would make alot of money.

I don't know why you took my speculative comment so personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    You're crazy.

Let's see a video of these "window lickers" clearing 4 horsemen, loatheb, not dying to heigan, etc.

:^)

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Let's see a video of these "window lickers" clearing 4 horsemen, loatheb, not dying to heigan, etc.

:^)
    Lad. Let's be real. I love classic, but it's not a hard game. The complexity of raid encounters is orders of magnitude above that of TBC and Wrath, let alone Classic. Much of Classic's difficulty at the time was the scarcity of useful information - we now have loads of easily accessible information, dedicated tools, and addons which make many aspects of the game much easier. In response, the mechanical complexity of raid encounters has increased to a ridiculous degree so as to prevent the game from being completely trivialised.

If you're coming to classic expecting Sekiro levels of difficulty, it's going to be a real let-down. It's a solid RPG, but by no means a hard one. I mean mentioning Heigan as some sort of wall is insane; the only way you can fuck that up is if you've managed to unbind both W and strafe or if you have a serious brain injury.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-05-18 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What about the millions of people who never played Classic?

"It will be a lesson of Oldschool VS Current times" ?
    According to the subs, WoW was best during Wrath. Soo...why is this an argument against current wow with vanilla?

Vanilla/Classic feels more like you matter within the world, Live feels like you are the world.
    If you mess up in a raid, it feels more personal, like you screwed up.
    In live... ugh.
    I think people just like the more calculated approach to the game and not the super reactionary quick time events style.
    Sure, maybe it's boring for modern players, that's fair.
    Maybe I'm just an old man typing with two fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    The complexity of raid encounters is orders of magnitude above that of TBC and Wrath, let alone Classic.
    The fact that you think "raid encounter complexity" is the only thing that makes raids hard, proves that you're likely a cata baby who has never played anything pre-cata.

Raid bosses are less complex in vanilla, but mistakes often 1shot you or domino effect into a wipe. That's one of the big differences. C'thun for example, ONE person being out of position on the run-in can literally 1shot the entire raid.

I mean mentioning Heigan as some sort of wall is insane; the only way you can fuck that up is if you've managed to unbind both W and strafe or if you have a serious brain injury.
    And this proves you've never done naxx in vanilla, because if you did, you'd know that the Heigan dance literally 1shots you if you're even quarter of a second slow.

Shoo, anti-Classic troll.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have all my original gaming systems and use at least one of them a week. It's not just nostalgia, it's fun. I cant wait for wow classic. I enjoy wow more when it's more simple, and each class is more unique. Wow today is too homogeneous and busy I cant keep track of what is what. I'll be pumped to play classic as soon as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Orbusg View Post
    That's sure funny, because it's exactly those things that me and so many others hate about modern wow.
    Retail players just hate so much that classic is a thing, don't they?
    Not really. Like what you like, just stop parading Classic around like it's the Messiah of games and it's gonna kill current wow and such. It's really pretentious and arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    According to the subs, WoW was best during Wrath. Soo...why is this an argument against current wow with vanilla?
    According to subs then WoD was miles better than Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    According to subs then WoD was miles better than Vanilla
    Mechanically, it was. Doesn't make the argument any better. WoD was in my opinion ass, at least when it comes to story. And I never want to see orcish architecture again if I can avoid it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since nov 2005. I've enjoyed every expansion in their own way, I'm looking forward to playing classic. Having said that, I *know* I will be thinking "omg, really?? is this how the game was back then lol" but I still honestly do believe that as an mmorpg, the game back then was far superior to the game we play today.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The fact that you think "raid encounter complexity" is the only thing that makes raids hard, proves that you're likely a cata baby who has never played anything pre-cata.

Raid bosses are less complex in vanilla, but mistakes often 1shot you or domino effect into a wipe. That's one of the big differences. C'thun for example, ONE person being out of position on the run-in can literally 1shot the entire raid.

And this proves you've never done naxx in vanilla, because if you did, you'd know that the Heigan dance literally 1shots you if you're even quarter of a second slow.

Shoo, anti-Classic troll.
    Ok cool. So you're wrong on all counts. I played plenty pre-cata, I literally said in the post that you quoted that I love classic

***QUOTE FOR PEOPLE WITH INCREDIBLY POOR READING COMPREHENSION***
    Lad. Let's be real. I love classic, but it's not a hard game.
    and I don't think that a quarter of a second reaction time is even remotely fucking impressive.

Not sure if you were paying attention during literally all of Legion, but almost every mechanic was a one-shot which would fuck your raid. That was like, one of the major complaints.

As I say - I love classic too, but let's not pretend that moving in a predetermined pattern where you don't even need personal fucking agency because you just move when you see other people moving is hard.

I get that mistakes one-shot you, but if you make those mistakes then you are really shit at the game. You can argue that point all you like, but it's not hard dude.

P.S. Scroll up to the top of the page. There you'll find another of my posts. Again, clearly I'm in support of classic. I just got home after drinking with a friend, and talking about how we're going to get on classic. I'm pretty fucking clearly not anti-classic at all, I just don't pretend that it's difficult because I'm not really, really bad.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-05-18 at 01:59 AM.

Relax, Classic is old, known content, its not going to kill retail WoW. Only Blizzard is capable of that.

What Classic offers though is a very different game than current WoW. Its not some stripped down version of it, its a completely different animal. If you like the rpg world and social aspects this genre was originally founded on, Classic will be a lot of fun.

Btw, if raiding is so important then how come most other mmo's don't bother with it? The era of the WoW killer was mostly casual and pvp centered mmo's. Now its mostly small indie studios trying to bring back the rpg and social mmo's of old. Probably because if you're looking for a game based entirely on twitch reactions why waste time on grind and getting 10-25 other people organized? Just play an fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Not really. Like what you like, just stop parading Classic around like it's the Messiah of games and it's gonna kill current wow and such. It's really pretentious and arrogant.
    I didn't say classic is better than modern.
    I said many hate what modern has become, which is indisputably 100% fact.

Using big scary words doesn't make you sound more right.

This thread screams of BFA apologists trying to rationalise their fears of too many people leaving retail for dead.

The only people they're attempting to convince classic will be bad are themselves.