Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    for some reason some people on this form think that playing both or liking both is impossible. And a different version of the same game is going to kill the other.

I find it funny that we already have people saying bug bug on the beta about things that are not a bug.. like no ! on minimap or ?. etc
    Never played vainilla, will try classic but still feel like after 3-4 months a lot of people will leave.

5+ Year Old Account
    really hoping for the best when it comes to classic. not gonna resub for beta, but once it launches ill definitely give it a go. im not motivated by nostalgia to play, but the soul crushing grind that i live for.

I really don't understand the yearning for Classic wow.

I made a toon 5 minutes after wow went live, and while I share in the nostalgia, classic wow SUCKS compared to modern wow.

How in the world anyone could think otherwise is impossible to understand.

- P

It seems hilarious that there is a million threads about "YOU'RE GONNA HATE IT, STOP GETTING EXCITED FOR CLASSIC!!" What are you trying to accomplish with these threads other than just looking like you're advertising for BfA

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post

I made a toon 5 minutes after wow went live, and while I share in the nostalgia, classic wow SUCKS compared to modern wow.

- P
    Cool. It's not for you, and that's fine. Slightly odd that you find it impossible to understand how anyone could have a perspective that differs from your own, but also it's pretty much a moot point anyway because it's not like you have to choose one over the other. Retail and classic aren't mutually exclusive experiences.

10+ Year Old Account

- P
    So.. DON'T FUCKING PLAY IT. No one is forcing you to, you can even set filters here so you never see this forum. But people who want Classic don't need your permission or even your understanding. You don't matter to them. Go do what you like and leave other people alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    But that's the thing, subs have been plummeting because current WoW is anything but good.

Also, anecdotal evidence, "REE IT'S ONLY NOSTALGIA, IT HAS NO REDEEMING FEATURES AT ALL" etc etc.
    Think I've seen this exact post about 400 times, and I think the same amount of people as last time actually care about it. Which is zero.
    i agree, and i bet that OP never played or wanted to play RPG, compare pen and paper RPG with current wow vs vanilla wow, and tell me which one is actually more RPG
    now compare current wow to any rng machine in las vegas, and tell me the difference
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Level 21 Classic Mage here.
    Can't wait to finish my BFA raiding tonight, so I can go back.

It really is fascinating how people are so adamantly against another group of people playing a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    simple: current wow is big pile of sh8t, but i still love warcraft universe, specially older versions
    classic wow is worse than TBC or Wrath, but definitely better than this gambling machine, with 1502 version of each dungeon and raid for the lols
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Yet another original thread about Classic WoW!
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

OP got wrecked, so he won't be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I hope you're right because I would love it to be so. However, statistically, you're saying Blizzard will succeed where literally no one else ever has before. The odds are not looking good for Blizzard. There is a 99.99% chance that you're the one who is actually wrong. However, it wouldn't be the first time 0.01% has won so I'm anxious to see what happens.
    This statement would be true in a world without runescape. The demand for oldschool mmos is real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I think the best comparison is to Runescape3 and Oldschool Runescape. OSRS has more members than current runescape because the game was better in the previous iteration. I feel like wow is much the same.

If anything, Classic might give an idea to Blizzard on how a 2nd MMO on the same account world work and what game system to use.

Most people, like me, think it's the random queue systems that killed the communities for convenience that turned the game into a single player game, that is the issue. I believe Classic might show that, and everybody should know that it will be very niche, many will play, not many will stay but it will be a very good community IMO.

So lessons learned by Blizzard, we might, who knows, get a new MMO with best of both worlds on the same sub...wishful thinking maybe, but the current WOW has become too much of a collectible game and queue system to even think about changing it at this point, it would have to be brand new IMO.. WOW2 set in a different time and story I guess.. or it could even be the Diablo MMO people have been asking for years.

If they are all included in the same sub, everybody wins.

Dear OP,

I quite frankly could not care any less about how superior you think BFA is to Classic WoW. You seem to believe that Classic WoW will be a failure because people will be forced to take off their rose-tinted glasses. However, whether or not Classic WoW will be successful has not yet been determined. We will see in 3 months time.

Asmongold's stream just received the MOST amount of concurrent viewers he has ever had (100,000+), when clearing Deadmines in CLASSIC WoW.

The signs are there. I enjoyed the hell out of playing Vanilla WoW on Nostalrius. I believe it will be a massive success.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    filled with mostly unhappy posts... and people with ideas on how to make it better, or how to fix it.

Classic forums will not have that because there is no "making it better"... it is what it was.
    /spittake

holy shit, nomination for the award of funniest god damn thing posted on MMO this month.

or maybe like fun vs horribly designed current game that tries way too hard to cater to everyone yet pleases none

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    and I don't think that a quarter of a second reaction time is even remotely fucking impressive.
    Considering a 1/4 of a second is literally 250 milliseconds, that mean "a quarter of a second" is less than the average reaction time for people. You're welcome to go try for yourself and see what's your reaction time.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...