Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Let’s just see how many people even hit 60.
    There's going to be a graveyard of level 30 to 40's
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BDJ View Post
    Given you have over 10000 posts, and that you're deliberately putting words in my mouth, I'm going to guess you're one of those hard headed neo-vanilla-zealots that can't even tolerate friendly discussion of ideas, should it pervert the purity of your vanilla experience.
    So you're equating being active in this forum... to being a "vanilla purist". Well, newsflash to you: I'm not, and won't be, playing Classic WoW.

I said added content - never did I advocate for new expansions. Added content can come in the form of patches. Not only did I specifically not say added expansions, but I pointed out existing architecture/previously unused resources that could be brought to use - for every example.
    Regardless, those are things that will not be happening. Not because of some "purist" kind of view, but because it goes against the very reason Classic WoW exists. I'll repeat: Classic WoW is not about re-launching WoW and taking it in a different direction, content-wise. It's about experiencing how the game was in the past.

It's not supposed to get "brand new content". And it won't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Why the hell not? Bfa is so good you want that kind of WoW to continue?
    BfA being good or not does not change the fact that Classic WoW is not supposed to, and won't, get new content that wasn't in vanilla WoW.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Just add an extra talent row hortizontal and make us trade old abilties or passives for new ones. To stop power creep.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fixing classes through gear and restoring cut content is the way forward imo

None. I mean the problem is power creep if you want to get more technical. In full Naxx gear with the vanilla restrictions it was getting close to a lot of people being able to get one shot at 60 if they werent as geared. If you add new tiers to the game or greater gear than one shooting people is going to be a problem unless you just make the items such a huge jump above what already exists stamina wise that everything before that gear is totally devalued and garbage. But being able to one shot a max level toon is just to much.

But from a non-technical stance really classic is about reliving classic again. Not creating a new MMO that starts a classic again. Not to mention I have my doubts devs could really create content in the spirit of classic anymore. It would just become retail material with a level cap.

As long as they don't change the lore or timeline too drastically, I'm down!

Just do the OSRS thing and have community polls for what may be added or changed in the game. People will not want to play classic for 3+ years doing the same content day in and day out. If anything adding max level conetent that adds horizontal progression (ie doesn't invalidate the original vanilla content) could probably be the way to go.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So you're equating being active in this forum... to being a "vanilla purist". Well, newsflash to you: I'm not, and won't be, playing Classic WoW.

Regardless, those are things that will not be happening. Not because of some "purist" kind of view, but because it goes against the very reason Classic WoW exists. I'll repeat: Classic WoW is not about re-launching WoW and taking it in a different direction, content-wise. It's about experiencing how the game was in the past.

It's not supposed to get "brand new content". And it won't.

- - - Updated - - -

BfA being good or not does not change the fact that Classic WoW is not supposed to, and won't, get new content that wasn't in vanilla WoW.
    We'll see about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see about that.
    There is no "we'll see about that" because we've "already seen that". The developers time and again speak about preserving and remaining authentic, not about adding stuff.

Classic WoW is akin to a museum exhibit. It's not a reboot. Saying "we'll see about that" is nothing but self-deluding.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

3+ Year Old Account
    There is no "we'll see about that" because we've "already seen that". The developers time and again speak about preserving and remaining authentic, not about adding stuff.

Classic WoW is akin to a museum exhibit. It's not a reboot. Saying "we'll see about that" is nothing but self-deluding.
    They said if the feedback is good all things are on the table when specifically asked about new content after Naxx.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said if the feedback is good all things are on the table when specifically asked about new content after Naxx.
    Show me the quote, or the link to the interview.

3+ Year Old Account
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/b...ew-impressions

- - - Updated - - -

New Level 60 Content After Naxxramas?

In the original World of Warcraft, the level 60 Naxxramas raid was essentially the last major content update for the game before The Burning Crusade arrived. Den of Geek noticed many players on the ClassicWoW subreddit and elsewhere talking about Blizzard creating new level 60 content, including brand new 40-man raids if Classic is a huge success. It would be an opportunity for Blizzard to continue developing the game with its original sensibilities in mind. We were a bit surprised when Blizzard told us it's a real possibility and not a crazy pipe dream.

"Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans," Dawson said. "If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We're certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    [citation needed]

You do realise you actually did ask for completely new stuff, yes?
    You clearly either don't know what a citation is, or don't know how to read a forum thread.

I like the ideas about Hyjal as a new quest hub and Azshara! But no new raids, maybe a new instance

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally would consider any new content (or any changes, "improvements" whatsoever) betrayal of promise (not that I would be surprised though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

The only "realistic idea" is that Classic should not get any new content that was not part of the original vanilla experience. Classic WoW is not "let's restart WoW and the game's lore and mechanics in another direction." Classic WoW is a frozen snapshot of time of an era of the game, which was vanilla WoW. Think of it as a musem exhibit.

No new content for Classic. That's not their purpose.
    But how do the millions of people get more classic era content? Blizzard can't possibly make a new MMO. Retail is stuck in new gen casual mode and so our only hope is new classic era content. The demand will be there, the playerbase will want new content and so I am asking you, who can give us this? Blizz is not gonna sleep on money.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    But how do the millions of people get more classic era content? Blizzard can't possibly make a new MMO. Retail is stuck in new gen casual mode and so our only hope is new classic era content. The demand will be there, the playerbase will want new content and so I am asking you, who can give us this? Blizz is not gonna sleep on money.
    There are literally six other expansions worth of Classic "content."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m torn on this whole new classic thing.

On the one hand, a hard reset to the lore with better writers is something I -really- want to see. On the other, what they can do would be limited by the ‘spirit’ of classic. We might never see new (or returning, hint hint) races or other additions. And there’s no guarantee on the quality of the new writers.

It might be better to just get TBC.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-05-19 at 10:12 AM.

What I'd like to see is the start of basically an alternate universe. WoW 2.0.

Whole new expansions but with the vanilla game design/ philosophy.
    I feel you.. But it's wishful thinking at this point. For most of us Classic as it is, is already WoW 2.0. Let's wait and see how it goes and if it's as successful as some of us expect it to be then we can make some noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather imagine after 12-18 months of Classic WoW--pure or unpure as it may be--there will be some sentiment to add to it on the part of a lot of people who are on #nochange soapboxes today.

The main question is whether or not there will be enough of them to justify doing it. The easier play is to do something similar with B.C. Blizzard has a difficult time saying no to anything so you shouldn't expect them to be saying no, absolutely not on this now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."