Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDJ View Post
    - Snip
    While I like your ideas, I doubt Blizzard will actively develop new content for Classic WoW. Sure, they may go down the route of re-releasing TBC or WoTLK as content, I don't think they will divert resources away from "live" development.

Sound ideas though, OP.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

The only realistic assumption is that there won't be any new content in classic, ever.

Do note that Ion flat-out said no to the same question.

7+ Year Old Account
    how about

NO

All I want is a return to an original MMORPG, and vanilla is just that! Wow went downhill from Wotlk, and strayed away from the formula towards an MMO that is as exciting to play as watching paint dry. If Blizzard can add new contect for Vanilla I am all for it, and if they even made more specs more viable I say more power to them!

I hope they never do that.

Blizzard should just learn what people like in Classic and apply it to modern wow and add there new content.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-05-19 at 11:40 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they implement one new instanced stuff or whatever it would heavily influence the flow of players to the other forms of content.

People are unwilling to do "old" content if there's something fresh and new. It would be similar to the launch of a new expansion: old content gets obsolete. In this case, even if old instances are more rewarding, the new ones (being new and all) will obviously attrack the majority of players.

It's not a good idea to mess with Classic's flow of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I think one of the biggest question marks regarding classic is what will happen when players reach level 60 and they tick off the various things they'd like to complete in end game.

With the normal time line those players waited for BC to come out and then progressed into BC content. Blizzard is going to be faced with an interesting choice. Do they also replicate BC? Or do they poll the player base and ask if they'd rather have new level 60 content added to the game and never actually go to outland. At least not for a while.

This then opens up another interesting question... could Blizzard charge for that new content.

I'm not saying the above is going to happen and I still think it's unlikely with BC being the obvious choice for adding content to classic. But don't write off how attractive the idea of new level 60 content would be for some players. If it lets them remain in the "pure" WoW but go and do new things? I think a lot of players would welcome that opportunity with open arms.
    The most likely scenario is that nothing will happen. They could however keep on adding new servers that begin at phase 1.

Currently it seems that Blizzard is "bringing back" all the TBC and onwards content back to current WoW with the scaling and timewalking tech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i'm expecting three things.
    a) balance
    b) aesthetics
    and options in general

A) has the potential to change the gameplay, so we have to be careful.
    B) cant change anything gameplay related, so it will be easier.

The easy way, which would please both, the purist zealots and the more open-minded imaginative people,
    would be to have different servers "Classic+" where these changes would be applied.
    There we could either make new characters or transfer an old one.
    That way everyone will be happy.

My balance changes:

Bring druids on par with other classes, but definitelly not stronger.
    If you're going to gamble, gamble towards weaker, not stronger.

Allow paladins to tank.
    Give them Hand of Reckoning (Taunt)
    And make Righteous Fury severely increase the threat of Consecration.
    So, protadins could fulfill a niche role in AoE-tanking trash.
    Maybe even make Consecration heal, for holy paladins.

Allow Forsaken to have paladins and Dwarves to have shamans.
    It's no stretch of the lore honestly.
    Many NPCs had those combinations already in Vanilla.
    Maybe you should first complete an extremelly difficult questline to unlock the ability to create one.

Maybe add a couple more combinations while we're at it.
    Like Dwarf mages and warlocks, Troll druids and warlocks.
    Again, not stretching the lore. Remember beta?

Maybe make warrior pvp a bit less black-white/win-lose.
    By allowing for charge to be used for 3 seconds after you enter combat.
    And give Heroic Strike a purpose, like spreading Sunder Armor to a nearby enemy.

The only thing the rogue REALLY needs is for this sadistic 90% "improved sap" talent to become 100%.

The only thing warlocks need on the other hand is for their Soul Shards not to dissapear while logged off.

Mages could really use a Mage Table.

And shamans that 4x preset-totem-summoning mechanic. You know what i mean.
    It is just a chore to have to go totem1..GCD...totem2..GCD..totem3..GCD..totem4 on each pack of mobs.

Priests need to have their priest-specific racials removed.
    There is literal priest racism going on, on alliance side, honestly.
    Fear Ward can take the place of Lightwell on the holy tree.

Racials definitelly need balancing.

I can tolerate Hardiness and WotF...
    As long as other racials get a bit buffed.

for example:
    Warstomp is made instant.
    Stoneform also removes magic and curse.
    Shadowmeld has much stronger stealth.
    Berserking has no low-life requirement.
    Perception? i honestly dont know what to replace it with. Just leave it as is.
    Blood Fury and EA are balanced enough.

My aesthetic additions:

Barber Shop.
    If you're against this simple thing... You need help.

Transmog.
    Nothing broke my immersion more than watching a dozen players wearing roughly the same gear.
    I was just immediately reminded that i was in a computer game.
    And hey, if i earned something cool, allow me to wear it forever if i like.
    There can be new servers added, that have the transmog feature.
    Where players can make new characters, or transfer an old one.
    Like how at some point they added RP-PVP in addition to the other types.
    Now there can be RP-Transmog-PvE and RP-Transmog-PvP.
    All mogs would of course be gained in Classic, and used in Classic Transmog-servers, only.

That cute animation when you open your map.
    And that other one, where hunters rest their weapon when they have a target but don't attack.
    There could be more like those.
    Like when you open your backpack. Or when you apply a scroll buff, or drink a potion.
    Or when you fall from high altitude and dont die do a kneeling-landing animation.
    Small things that add a lot to the general feel, and nothing on the gameplay.

Some other suggestions i have thought of are:

A more tidy version of the LFG channel. More RPG-centric and immersive.
    Like ad-boards placed throughout the city.
    Nothing fancy. No dropdown menus, roles, item levels, and invite buttons.
    You would write exactly what you would write in an LFG macro, but you wouldnt have to spam it, and it wouldnt be lost within the dozens of other macros.
    Anyone wanting to join would HAVE to whisper you, just like with the LFG channel.

Heroic versions of all dungeons and raids.
    Or challenge modes.
    But not +99887676 mythics.

Or even the addition of Jewelcrafting and Inscription.
    I think we all like those.

As for content...

Definitely a diferent unfolding of events.
    Not like on the "first" timeline.

For example, instead of us going through the Dark Portal to invade Outland...
    Outland could invade Blasted Lands, with an upgraded Kazzak raid boss...
    And we will have to beat the raid and destroy the Portal for good.

Another dungeon/raid could be Grim Batol (different take).

And the cleansing of the greatly infested by wretched, Quel'Thalas. Which would be uninhabitable.

Caverns of Time would be a good addition too.

As well as a different take on the expedition to Northrend.

We could visit Kezan, or Undermine, where gnomes and goblins will be at war.

An underground dungeon in Un'goro about elementals...

A different take on Kharazan, like the earlier, Crypts of Kharazan scrapped content.

And of course the scrapped Emerald Dream/Nightmare.

A different take on Hyjal, not related to ragnaros.

Attack on a fel-possessed Timbermau Hold.

A different take on Gilneas, where the Worgen infection completely took over.

Rescue mission on Alcaz Islands, where you rescue Varian. And he returns as King a bit earlier.

and then there's my favorite... BGs.

Conflicts revolving around:

Aerie Peak vs Revantusk Village
    Theramore vs Brackenwall Village (Stonemaul)
    Bael Modan vs Camp Turajo
    Crossroads vs Ashenvale
    Southshore vs Tarren Mill
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-05-19 at 01:27 PM.

or heres a great idea, we let vanilla wow be vanilla wow.
    blizzard has already stated they have zero interest in developing new content for two different mmos

Only way I would be behind it would be if it was separate from actual classic. So a separate server were they let things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    "leave classic the way it is" will only take you so far. What happens in 2/3 years when everyone who cares enough has cleared everything and has nothing more to do? Do they just...do it again and again with the expectation that they'll still enjoy it?

Face it. Eventually, somewhere along the line and provided that classic is a success, Blizzard will start developing new "classic" content such as new 40 man raids or whatever. Old School RuneScape literally has polls for every little new feature or change, and that way of doing things has been immensely successful. I see no reason why Blizzard couldn't do the same.
    Lets face it, they will not start to create new content for Classic. they might release a Tbc, Wotlk and cataclysm servers but they will not start creating new content for Classic server that didnt come out back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    "leave classic the way it is" will only take you so far. What happens in 2/3 years when everyone who cares enough has cleared everything and has nothing more to do? Do they just...do it again and again with the expectation that they'll still enjoy it?

Face it. Eventually, somewhere along the line and provided that classic is a success, Blizzard will start developing new "classic" content such as new 40 man raids or whatever. Old School RuneScape literally has polls for every little new feature or change, and that way of doing things has been immensely successful. I see no reason why Blizzard couldn't do the same.
    1) the goal was to bring classic back. not bring classic back and add stuff to it.
    2) Blizzard already said they don't want to develop NEW content for two different MMOs
    3) Blizzard already said they are considering Burning Crusade and Wrath. between the three of them you got 10-12 years.
    4) New content would make it not vanilla and would invalidate it for those who just want vanilla.
    5) this isn't RuneScape and frankly if you want that, go play runescape. we have 14 years worth of experience that shows us what happens when players provide input.

This article excellently covers what might happen after naxx. https://www.progamerreview.com/wow-c...ramas-content/
    A lot of cool stuff was intended for vanilla.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    This article excellently covers what might happen after naxx. https://www.progamerreview.com/wow-c...ramas-content/
    A lot of cool stuff was intended for vanilla.
    intended but didn't happen. the goal isn't to go back and fix what vanilla forgot or what was wrong with vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There are literally six other expansions worth of Classic "content."
    I would argue that Wotlk is the last classic-era expansion. Dungeons transitioned into aoe spam and talents got removed starting in cataclysm (end of). So there is limited content available, and some hardcore players only think Vanilla and TBC are worthy classic era designs. Wotlk started LFD which is considered a downside for classic people. So basically there is Vanilla and TBC. That's not a lot, there will be content drought and ppl will want to spend money and blizzard will want to earn it.

In the end it's all about the money, both for players and designers. We want more content, we have money. Blizz wants our money.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I would argue that Wotlk is the last classic-era expansion. Dungeons transitioned into aoe spam and talents got removed starting in cataclysm (end of). So there is limited content available, and some hardcore players only think Vanilla and TBC are worthy classic era designs. Wotlk started LFD which is considered a downside for classic people. So basically there is Vanilla and TBC. That's not a lot, there will be content drought and ppl will want to spend money and blizzard will want to earn it.
    1) dungeons being aoe tank and spam started in wrath. not cataclysm. nice try. catacylsm tried to bring back vanilla and bc style dungeons and the wrath babies threw a fit.
    2) talents got removed at the end of cataclysm - so you mean in the mists pre patch. which is mists. not cataclysm.
    3) I never once thought the word content drought in classic and bc. i never once thought i was bored. that didn't start until wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    1) dungeons being aoe tank and spam started in wrath. not cataclysm. nice try. catacylsm tried to bring back vanilla and bc style dungeons and the wrath babies threw a fit.
    2) talents got removed at the end of cataclysm - so you mean in the mists pre patch. which is mists. not cataclysm.
    3) I never once thought the word content drought in classic and bc. i never once thought i was bored. that didn't start until wrath.
    1) correct.
    2) if they made a cataclysm server, they would do it similar to Classic, last patch with staggered content > talent tree removed.
    3) You never had to face drought because there never was, they always developed the game. Classic faces this issue because there is no content planned (as of now)

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    1) correct.
    2) if they made a cataclysm server, they would do it similar to Classic, last patch with staggered content > talent tree removed.
    3) You never had to face drought because there never was, they always developed the game. Classic faces this issue because there is no content planned (as of now)
    2) my point being that i don't consider the pre patch for the next expansion to be part of the previous expansion.
    3) vanilla didn't have it. burning crusade didn't have it. wrath and beyond definitely had it.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    2) my point being that i don't consider the pre patch for the next expansion to be part of the previous expansion.
    3) vanilla didn't have it. burning crusade didn't have it. wrath and beyond definitely had it.
    3) that is partly because people were also quite a bit worse at gaming in general, I would laugh at myself skill-wise from 2004-2006 when I could time travel and that's why people took way more time to beat content. It was out first MMO for the majority and we are not the same players we once used to be. And another part was shitty hardware and internet. The last time I said "sry lag" was in 2008 when I was on crappy DSL.