Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Sir, i got a class idea"
    "Okay, what does it do?"
    "Everything"
    "Okaayy....What does it do it with?"
    "Everything"
    "...........Well does it atleast make use of mail to increase the armor spread?"
    "Yes, ofcourse"
    "Ohh, thats good..."
    "....Its a hunter class"
    ".....Ohh god"

I like the idea of Dragonsworn, in a dragon focused expansion it would match, but you got to narrow it a bit down when it comes to its versatility as a class

Edit: Blue Dragon spec is also by far the creative of the specs. Just copying HotS characters into specs will not work. Bronze especially sounds boring and Life/Red is just like the bunked paladin with sacrifice heals.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2019-05-17 at 11:02 PM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    @Teriz job well done on this. Was neat to see the different abilities for each spec and how you took chromie's from HotS was funny. My only concern is if Blizzard did introduce this into WoW they would have a hard time. 4 specs for a class seems neat but blizzard has a hard time just trying to balance two specs.
    People erroneously think that I only support the Tinker class for "reasons", but actually I support any class concept that is different than what we currently have. People really couldn't articulate how a Dragonsworn class could work, so I took a stab at it, and I think making the player into an actual dragon is about the only way it can work.

As for 4 specs, I think Blizzard could do it. They still owe us for the 2 spec Demon Hunter class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    "Okay, what does it do?"
    "Everything"
    "Everything"
    "...........Well does it atleast make use of mail to increase the armor spread?"
    "Yes, ofcourse"
    "Ohh, thats good..."
    "....Its a hunter class"
    ".....Ohh god"

I like the idea of Dragonsworn, in a dragon focused expansion it would match, but you got to narrow it a bit down when it comes to its versatility as a class

Edit: Blue Dragon spec is also by far the creative of the specs. Just copying HotS characters into specs will not work. Bronze especially sounds boring and Life/Red is just like the bunked paladin with sacrifice heals.
    Thanks for the feedback. FYI, I want to spice up the Timewalker spec a bit. I did just copy and paste Chromie from HotS, and I want to add a bit more stuff to it to make it my own.

As for versatility, I can see both pros and cons of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    People erroneously think that I only support the Tinker class for "reasons", but actually I support any class concept that is different than what we currently have. People really couldn't articulate how a Dragonsworn class could work, so I took a stab at it, and I think making the player into an actual dragon is about the only way it can work.

As for 4 specs, I think Blizzard could do it. They still owe us for the 2 spec Demon Hunter class.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the feedback. FYI, I want to spice up the Timewalker spec a bit. I did just copy and paste Chromie from HotS, and I want to add a bit more stuff to it to make it my own.

As for versatility, I can see both pros and cons of it.
    I agree with ya that it would be neat if done correctly, transforming into a dragon would sweet. But who knows if we do get another class preferably I just want classes to be classes not some mundane treadmill they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    No green spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    "Okay, what does it do?"
    "Everything"
    "Everything"
    "Yes, ofcourse"
    "Ohh, thats good..."
    "....Its a hunter class"
    ".....Ohh god"

Id also echo this feedback.

I LOVE the idea of a Dragonsworn class. LOVE the idea of tying the various aspect colours into the class somehow. But the Op's suggestion... is simply overkill and too-much-can-do-everything = bloated. Please narrow the scope a little.

The problem is you want to try and get all aspect colours honoured and integrated somehow. But thats difficult to do without overbloating the class.

Just because the expansion might involve the various dragonflights doenst mean they *all* need to be represented within the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    I agree with ya that it would be neat if done correctly, transforming into a dragon would sweet. But who knows if we do get another class preferably I just want classes to be classes not some mundane treadmill they are.
    A new class next expansion is pretty much a given. The only question is how it will be implemented, and what its going to be. Some are suggesting that its going to be dragon based, so if that's the case, there could be a Dragonsworn class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    No green spec?
    I felt that it was too much like the Druid class, and that the Red Dragonflight and the other flights covered most of what it would be able to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Id also echo this feedback.

I LOVE the idea of a Dragonsworn class. LOVE the idea of tying the various aspect colours into the class somehow. But the Op's suggestion... is simply overkill and too-much-can-do-everything = bloated. Please narrow the scope a little.

The problem is you want to try and get all aspect colours honoured and integrated somehow. But thats difficult to do without overbloating the class.

Just because the expansion might involve the various dragonflights doenst mean they *all* need to be represented within the class.
    How would you suggest the scope be narrowed down? I'm honestly curious.

I only represented 4 aspects. The thing is, if there's a Dragonsworn class people are going to want as many flights as possible represented.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like this concept for once, but I'm missing green dragons. I know it would be kind of a spec overbloat but... GREEN DRAGONS.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I kinda like this concept for once, but I'm missing green dragons. I know it would be kind of a spec overbloat but... GREEN DRAGONS.
    I'd be open to adding them just for the sake of completeness, but I'd need to see how they would be any different than Druids or the Red Dragonflight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be open to adding them just for the sake of completeness, but I'd need to see how they would be any different than Druids or the Red Dragonflight.
    Make them fey-like. Calling upon faerie dragons, oneiric spells and emerald blasts.

Also, I think there's something that could be neat, call it Glyph of the Tainted Oath for example. This glyph twists the shape of the current Dragonflight into their corrupted version.

Black Dragons -> Twilight Dragons
    Red Dragons -> Chromatic Dragons (not sure if this one is accurate, though)
    Blue Dragons -> Beryl Dragons (also this one can be strange, runic dragons?)
    Green Dragons -> Nightmare Dragons
    Bronze Dragons -> Infinite Dragons

How would you suggest the scope be narrowed down? I'm honestly curious.

I only represented 4 aspects. The thing is, if there's a Dragonsworn class people are going to want as many flights as possible represented.
    Yeah thats the dilemma. If a Dragonsworn class is implemented, it would seem strange not to represent each of the iconic Aspect colours. My favourite idea to counter the bloat in your OP but keeping all aspects represented (in some form) would be something like:

- Dragonsworn are some combination of roles, for now lets just say 3: Ranged DPS, Melee DPS and Tank.
    - Dragonsworn dont have a default talent pane tied to their class role like other characters
    - When created, in their starting zone as part of the intro story, the Dragonsworn must 'pledge allegience' to one of the Dragonflight Aspect colours Red. Green, Blue, Black, Bronze.
    - Dragonsworn have a special 'relic' character slot housing an artifact gifted to them by their chosen Aspect. ("Gift of Alexstrasza / Kalecgos / Nozdormu etc)
    - The artifact itself essentially will be like a mini talent tree / artfact from legion / Heart of Azeroth in 8.2.
    - Each artifact talent tree is themed to different roles and levels of hybridness: eg Black is focused tank, Blue is focused rdps, Red is focused Melee DPS, bronze could be a hybrid healer-dps with some healing time-rewinding type perks - like healing affinity for druids, green PVP/world content themed stuff. These couldnt be huge trees (5 full trees + 3 specs would be too much to develop im sure...) but more like streamlined versions of Legion Artifacts tied to aspect colour themed abilities.

That way you can say the class is only 2-3 specs, but it can pledge allegience to each of the colours (thus representing them) and gain access to a mini-talent-tree in a special relic slot to augment their mainspec role, or give them some slight twist/hybrid qualities.. depending on the aspect chosen.

EG You could call yourself a Blue Dragonsworn Ranged, or i'm a Black Dragonsworn Tank, or a Bronze Dragonsworn Melee DPS etc.

I just like the idea of somehow pledging allegience to your chosen aspect. We can then give them all Class Hall type hub equivalents and become attached to our aspect and feel like we are championing its cause. One of their ultimate top tier moves, unlocked via their Relic, would be to channel the powers of their aspect.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2019-05-18 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather have tinkers tbh.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Make them fey-like. Calling upon faerie dragons, oneiric spells and emerald blasts.

Also, I think there's something that could be neat, call it Glyph of the Tainted Oath for example. This glyph twists the shape of the current Dragonflight into their corrupted version.

Black Dragons -> Twilight Dragons
    Red Dragons -> Chromatic Dragons (not sure if this one is accurate, though)
    Blue Dragons -> Beryl Dragons (also this one can be strange, runic dragons?)
    Green Dragons -> Nightmare Dragons
    Bronze Dragons -> Infinite Dragons
    Dream-based spells is definitely an interesting idea. I'll have to look a bit deeper into it. Are you suggesting a healing spec, or another DPS?

Do you think Blizzard would create a 5-spec class though? I suppose they kind of owe us for Demon Hunters only having 2 specs.

That said, I like the idea of glyphs that turn you into a corrupted form. That would be cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I rather have tinkers tbh.
    LoL, same here. Doing this thread has helped me realize how nice and concise the Tinker concept really is.

However, I did want to explore this idea since people seem to be gravitating towards Dragons returning next expansion. I wouldn't mind this class appearing in the game if Blizzard could pull it off, and allow me to play as a dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dream-based spells is definitely an interesting idea. I'll have to look a bit deeper into it. Are you suggesting a healing spec, or another DPS?

Do you think Blizzard would create a 5-spec class though? I suppose they kind of owe us for Demon Hunters only having 2 specs.

That said, I like the idea of glyphs that turn you into a corrupted form. That would be cool.
    Essentially another DPS for green ones :P

I wouldn't pay much attention to what Blizz would or wouldn't do. I'd rather focus on if it makes sense to have 5 specs, and it does o:

Honestly thats the hardest part about implementing Dragonsworn imo, trying to implement from the huge pool of ideas (ie all 5 aspects) - and representing enough to feel enough to represent the breadth of the dragons - without getting bloated. A 5 spec class is a really cool idea, but jesus that must be a ton of work/development. You could however argue that if they pulled it off it would deliver the WOW factor the next expansion needs to pull everyone out of BFA-blues.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2019-05-18 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    EG You could call yourself a Blue Dragonsworn Ranged, or i'm a Black Dragonsworn Tank, or a Bronze Dragonsworn Melee DPS etc.

I just like the idea of somehow pledging allegience to your chosen aspect. We can then give them all Class Hall type hub equivalents and become attached to our aspect and feel like we are championing its cause. One of their ultimate top tier moves, unlocked via their Relic, would be to channel the powers of their aspect.
    Thank you for your post. That is definitely an interesting set of ideas that you've put forward. Obviously too late for this particular concept, but if someone wants to create their own Dragonsworn class concept, you've definitely laid the groundwork for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly thats the hardest part about implementing Dragonsworn imo, trying to implement from the huge pool of ideas (ie all 5 aspects) - and representing enough to feel enough to represent the breadth of the dragons - without getting bloated. A 5 spec class is a really cool idea, but jesus that must be a ton of work/development. You could however argue that if they pulled it off it would deliver the WOW factor the next expansion needs to pull everyone out of BFA-blues.
    I think if Blizzard ever delivered a 5-spec class based on the Dragonflights where you got to play as a dragon, it would probably suck up about 80% of the user base and become the most popular class in the game by a large margin. It would simply be too flexible and versatile for the other classes to compete with. That's probably why they'd avoid doing it. I'm not a fan of balance arguments, but yeah, a class like that would definitely bring in multiple balance concerns.

I would play. However, the name is wrong. If you want playable dragon, it is dragon, not dragonsworn.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Essentially another DPS for green ones :P

I wouldn't pay much attention to what Blizz would or wouldn't do. I'd rather focus on if it makes sense to have 5 specs, and it does o:
    I'd honestly make it a second healing spec over another ranged DPS, with the faerie dragons being pets or summons that assist you. Trying to figure out how to make Oneiric spells an interesting or compelling mechanic.

Always interesting dealing with a class concept that has "too much" available design space versus class concepts where you have to drain every drop of open design in order to make it work. Dragonsworn almost seems like a class concept that can crush itself under its own weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't make sense to leave out green, as it's much more healy than red.

What would make more sense is:
    Black: Tank
    Green: Healing
    Blue: Ranged Magic
    Red or Bronze: Melee

Bronze could be rogue'ish, using knowledge of time to backstab, dodge and all kind of subtefuge.
    Red could be "in your face" warrior type melee.

My personal vote goes to leave red out of the mix.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

If we ever get a Dragon Isles expansion, I could see Dragonsworn being a thing, but not as a class though and rather as a character customisation and progressing mechanic similar to what was done with the artifacts in Legion. You pick a dragonflight, they give your their blessing, and by doing so you have access to specific questlines and later bonuses related to the dragonflight you've chose to help!

You know this could actually be a pretty unique hero class lore wise and aesthetic wise.

The flights could band together to form an elite group of "pure" chromatic drakes that are the dragonsworn class.
    Like the OP said you choose your humanoid race like any other class. Howeve, in lore, the dragonsworn must select one humanoid race who's ideals they wish to embrace permanently and in turn which faction. This is not a selection the dragon can ever change which makes it a lot more intimate. Obviously as a player you can still purchase a race change.

So far the only races that wouldn't make sense would be worgen and forsaken. Gilnean Worgen are more of a curse than an actual "race" in terms of lore and i doubt a living dragon would be able to embrace the body of an undead.

Emotes could be class unique like the demon Hunters to prevent lore inconsistencies.

For hero class customisation I believe draconic eyes/facial features along with vibrant colored hair would be neat.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-05-18 at 12:19 PM.