Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I still hope that we get something similar to this when we eventually get the next class.
    Thanks! I think I’m going to make a few edits to this since I’ve seen people discuss it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Thanks! I think I’m going to make a few edits to this since I’ve seen people discuss it elsewhere.
    I encourage it! I know the hype for new classes in low in between expansions, but I love seeing any draconic class concept kept in the public consciousness.

I know im prbly necroing this thread but i have to say this is still one of the best class concepts i have seen.... ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AthranThom View Post
    I know im prbly necroing this thread but i have to say this is still one of the best class concepts i have seen.... ever!
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I encourage it! I know the hype for new classes in low in between expansions, but I love seeing any draconic class concept kept in the public consciousness.
    Well one concept I was thinking was in order to avoid the problem of 5 specializations, the specs could be combinations of multiple flights with their abilities merged. For example;

Obsidian: Black and various Dragonflights (RTank or RDPS)
    Sapphire: Blue and Bronze Dragonflights (RDPS)
    Jasper: Red and Green Dragonflights (Healing)

Alternatively, Blizzard could go with the lesser dragonflights for specs;

Twilight, Storm, and/or Netherwing could work.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Well one concept I was thinking was in order to avoid the problem of 5 specializations, the specs could be combinations of multiple flights with their abilities merged. For example;

Obsidian: Black and various Dragonflights (RTank or RDPS)
    Sapphire: Blue and Bronze Dragonflights (RDPS)
    Jasper: Red and Green Dragonflights (Healing)

Alternatively, Blizzard could go with the lesser dragonflights for specs;

Twilight, Storm, and/or Netherwing could work.
    Eh, I'm all for five specs.

Alternatively, just go with the standard three and have you choose a dragonflight to theme your abilities.

Alternatively, just go with the standard three and have you choose a dragonflight to theme your abilities.
    Yeah i had the same thoughts as well.

What i dont agree with however is us being actual dragons disguised as the races to join the factions.

That would be too much imo. However i would be all for a dragonborn/half-dragon race being added with it

Like these guys:

10+ Year Old Account

I suppose they could go for 5 specializations to make up for the two that Demon Hunters recieved.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i had the same thoughts as well.

What i dont agree with however is us being actual dragons disguised as the races to join the factions.

That would be too much imo. However i would be all for a dragonborn/half-dragon race being added with it

Like these guys:
    Yeah, I don't think most players don't want to be a Drakanoid. They rather be a dragon and look like this;

This would also allow the dragon class to be of any race.

That being said, I wouldn't mind drakonid, dragonspawn, or just out dragons outright being released as a playable race alongside a Dragonsworn class. Give us that Dragon Isles expansions already...

If we ever got a Dragon-based class, it will be something completely new. It cannot be based on the existing Dragonflights as that would imply we are getting a Titan-themed class when in the current story we are about to discover how the Titans/Order are not always on our side.

My two cents are that if Dragons ever get to the forefront, it will most likely be via Galakrond round two.

In other words, I seriously doubt that getting a Dragon class would imply a "every Aspect gets a spec" sort of deal.

I like the concept overall.

BUT... i don't think this really fits wows more archetypy classconecepts.
    I actually think yout tinker even fits better and i am not a fan of having tinkers weirdly enough.

What i don't get is (logic wise) why would i, as dragon, need ressources to be in my natural form....?
    Would it not be the other way around? And why call it dragonsworne if they are just dragons?

I think this is my only real problem with the concept, the fact that i become a huge freaking dragon during combat blocking mechanics and sight for other players and that if i am an actual dragon, why am i not in dragonform all the time in fight?

I like a class that takes inspiration from the different dragonswarms but would them rather be like acolytes of dragons who have a bipedal dragonfrom they can use as a CD like shamans can with ascendance.
    Dragons as an actual race are just baseline to powerful imho. Espacially as only really powerful dragons are able to transform into humans etc no?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I think this is my only real problem with the concept, the fact that i become a huge freaking dragon during combat blocking mechanics and sight for other players and that if i am an actual dragon, why am i not in dragonform all the time in fight?
    Haven't you ever seen beast wars? Obviously the energon crystals cause them lots of damage in Dragon form so they have to spend most of their time in human form in order to not mess up their sparks. Sure, beast wars was the opposite way. But you get what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Haven't you ever seen beast wars? Obviously the energon crystals cause them lots of damage in Dragon form so they have to spend most of their time in human form in order to not mess up their sparks. Sure, beast wars was the opposite way. But you get what you get.
    No idea what beast wars is. But in wow dragons don't have that problem^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept overall.

BUT... i don't think this really fits wows more archetypy classconecepts.
    I actually think yout tinker even fits better and i am not a fan of having tinkers weirdly enough.

What i don't get is (logic wise) why would i, as dragon, need ressources to be in my natural form....?
    Would it not be the other way around? And why call it dragonsworne if they are just dragons?

I like a class that takes inspiration from the different dragonswarms but would them rather be like acolytes of dragons who have a bipedal dragonfrom they can use as a CD like shamans can with ascendance.
    Dragons as an actual race are just baseline to powerful imho. Espacially as only really powerful dragons are able to transform into humans etc no?
    Well keep in mind this is a concept that Blizzard has pushed in Heroes of the Storm with Alexstraza and Chromie, where the character spends a good portion of their fight time in mortal form, and reserves the draconic form for more powerful attacks. Obviously if we're taking this in a lore perspective, a Dragon would be a dragon during an entire fight. However, from a gameplay perspective, we would have to reserve draconic form for shorter durations for a variety of reasons. In terms of classes, Blizzard would choose gameplay over lore.

Well keep in mind this is a concept that Blizzard has pushed in Heroes of the Storm with Alexstraza and Chromie, where the character spends a good portion of their fight time in mortal form, and reserves the draconic form for more powerful attacks. Obviously if we're taking this in a lore perspective, a Dragon would be a dragon during an entire fight. However, from a gameplay perspective, we would have to reserve draconic form for shorter durations for a variety of reasons. In terms of classes, Blizzard would choose gameplay over lore.
    Oh believe me i know^^
    And the size of that is really annoying ingame. But not as bad as attacks in hots are telgraphed really well. In wow this would be chaos. imagine a 40 man BG where everyone suddenly transforms into a dragon.... you would not see anything anymore.

Thats why i would move away from the: "they are actual dragons" point. Because then they don't have be full sized dragons, you can have wings in the bipedel form, like DHs or Zandalarie Moonkins and you don't have to choose between gameplay and lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh believe me i know^^
    And the size of that is really annoying ingame. But not as bad as attacks in hots are telgraphed really well. In wow this would be chaos. imagine a 40 man BG where everyone suddenly transforms into a dragon.... you would not see anything anymore.

Thats why i would move away from the: "they are actual dragons" point. Because then they don't have be full sized dragons, you can have wings in the bipedel form, like DHs or Zandalarie Moonkins and you don't have to choose between gameplay and lore.
    Yeah, you don't need to make the dragons the size of Deathwing in Cataclysm. I would make the dragon form about the size of the smaller dragon mounts;

Yeah, you don't need to make the dragons the size of Deathwing in Cataclysm. I would make the dragon form about the size of the smaller dragon mounts;

That is actually about the size i imagined them^^

I think you would actually get problems in quite a few instances with it. Sanguine Depth is the first.
    Boss encounters where you only have a small space to manuver.
    I get that it is only a cd and you can plan for it... but still...

I don't think wow really lends itself to play around with "constants" like size of the pc. MMOs in general are not really build for stuff like this. In a single player no problem. Look at Pathfinder: Wrath of the Rightous. There you can actually become a high dragon.

I want to clarify what i said earlier. I am not against us transforming into dragons during fights. I am against us being dragons infiltrating the races as part of the dragonsworn class lore.

That way imo we can say that we teemporarily increase our connection to the flights thus allowing us to turn into dragons. Gameplay and lore working as one(kind of).

As for the titan themes mixing with the dragon themes, you could either embrace them(some people including me actually like them).

Or you can connect the existence of dragonsworn to the fading of the titan powers given to the dragonflight.

I.E The powers of the dragonflights are fading. Thus Alexstrasza, Kalec'gos, Nozdromu, Wrathion (and Ysera if she is back by then) have created a plan to use the power f mortals to make up for it. BY accepting many mortals as dragonsworn they create a feedback loop of power between them and the flights. The more power dragonsworn gain, the greater the power returned to the flights as time goes on.
    They can even make one of the reasons dragonsworn become dragonsworn be, that by gaining enough power they can eventually become full dragons. This would be a great goal for a drakonid character i think

Just my idea of the dragonsworn. Lore leaps i know, but as far as i know there isn't much that contradicts anything i said already in the lore.

- - - Updated - - -

As for drakonid race, if they have a cool model and no hoof/paw legs like draenei and worgen do, you can be sure people will play them a lot. I know i would make at least one of every class they have available.

Examples of how i think drakonids should be

Last edited by AthranThom; 2021-04-12 at 02:16 PM.

Yeah, if we can't transform into dragons outright in combat, just borrow from the discarded Demonology spec's aesthetic, wherein you gradually take on more demonic/draconic aspects as combat progresses.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is actually about the size i imagined them^^

I think you would actually get problems in quite a few instances with it. Sanguine Depth is the first.
    Boss encounters where you only have a small space to manuver.
    I get that it is only a cd and you can plan for it... but still...

I don't think wow really lends itself to play around with "constants" like size of the pc. MMOs in general are not really build for stuff like this. In a single player no problem. Look at Pathfinder: Wrath of the Rightous. There you can actually become a high dragon.
    Well that's not necessarily true. Demon Hunters for example shift in and out of Demon form within multiple abilities, and the demonic form is significantly larger than the standard NE or BE form. This includes the tanking form which requires a rather high level of consistency on multiple fronts. Before that, Warlocks shifted consistently in and out of demonic form via metamorphosis in old Demonology.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to clarify what i said earlier. I am not against us transforming into dragons during fights. I am against us being dragons infiltrating the races as part of the dragonsworn class lore.

That way imo we can say that we teemporarily increase our connection to the flights thus allowing us to turn into dragons. Gameplay and lore working as one(kind of).

As for the titan themes mixing with the dragon themes, you could either embrace them(some people including me actually like them).

Or you can connect the existence of dragonsworn to the fading of the titan powers given to the dragonflight.

I.E The powers of the dragonflights are fading. Thus Alexstrasza, Kalec'gos, Nozdromu, Wrathion (and Ysera if she is back by then) have created a plan to use the power f mortals to make up for it. BY accepting many mortals as dragonsworn they create a feedback loop of power between them and the flights. The more power dragonsworn gain, the greater the power returned to the flights as time goes on.
    They can even make one of the reasons dragonsworn become dragonsworn be, that by gaining enough power they can eventually become full dragons. This would be a great goal for a drakonid character i think

Just my idea of the dragonsworn. Lore leaps i know, but as far as i know there isn't much that contradicts anything i said already in the lore.

- - - Updated - - -

As for drakonid race, if they have a cool model and no hoof/paw legs like draenei and worgen do, you can be sure people will play them a lot. I know i would make at least one of every class they have available.
    The thing is though that we have established lore with dragons in mortal form infiltrating the mortal races currently in WoW. It's widespread, consistent, and very familiar to players. There's numerous characters in WoW that are in fact dragons taking on the form of any given WoW race. With that precedent in place, why are we attempting to make things more complicated?

As for the Drakonoid race, I don't really see much of a point to introduce such a race just for a draconic class unless they're the only race that could be this class. If other races can play a draconic class, then why bother bringing in the Drakonoid race? Further, if we're going to have a mechanic that slowly turns mortals into dragons, why not simply make them dragons, since it's already established in the game, and it's something that the player base would more than likely prefer?

Playable drakonids and a Dragonsworn class are not mutually exclusive. I'd love to have both.