View Poll Results: Do you think Classic will influence the next expansion

Voters
347. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely Yes

    65 18.73%
  • Maybe

    35 10.09%
  • Its Possible

    65 18.73%
  • Probably Not

    84 24.21%
  • Definitely No

    98 28.24%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This statement literally does not detract in any way from my point. I already brought up the fact that the average school day + homework is roughly equal to the time most people spend at their job each day (8 hours).

    If people managed to play and enjoy the game with jobs or while handling all their schoolwork back then (and they did) there's no reason they wouldn't be able to do the same now.
    There is a huge difference between being a teen in highschool/college and being an adult with a job you stupid twit
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Simple thought experiment. Do you think the potential popularity of Classic WoW will affect the game direction of expansions to come. Of course this is a loaded subject. This could be everything to making leveling more difficult to re-arranging the loot structure. The ultimately question however, is do you think retail might try to emulate Vanilla again at some point?
    Things like Eye of the Beast getting re-implemented maybe. Other stuff, not so much. Maybe in 10.0, if Classic does well.

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    4,128
    If you mean affect I think not and really hope not.

  4. #44
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Simple thought experiment. Do you think the potential popularity of Classic WoW will affect the game direction of expansions to come. Of course this is a loaded subject. This could be everything to making leveling more difficult to re-arranging the loot structure. The ultimately question however, is do you think retail might try to emulate Vanilla again at some point?
    Most likely not. 9.0 has been in the works for quite a while if you believe what Blizzard says about having 1-2 expansions on the table at a time.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  5. #45
    Legendary! Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    There is a huge difference between being a teen in highschool/college and being an adult with a job you stupid twit
    1. Insults are against the forum rules, enjoy the report.

    2. Like I told the other guy, don't ignore half my post just because it's inconvenient for your argument. I already pointed out that plenty of people with jobs played and enjoyed the game just fine back then. You shouldn't insult a person's intelligence in the same breath that you ignore half of their argument because you can't think of a way to counter it.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-18 at 04:23 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Bollocks, adults usually have way more responsibilities than your average student. Half of the people from back then have probably already family themsleves and even more responsibilities. To pretend that the people that played classic at large could so like they did 15 years ago is just dishonest. For these delusions please visit the forum one below this.
    Funny, I had less free time when I was a student than now.

    You know, homeworks and studies and all that crap?

    and I play with plenty of people with kids.. believe it or not, they go to bed early.

    As for the OP... people will run out of stuff to do on Classic eventually... and I have doubts BC servers are just around the corner.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2019-05-18 at 05:11 PM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Wouldn't this comment be the exact same on retail? Unless you are a player who loves every facet of the game, WQ's, IA's, Mythic+'s, etc, once the dungeons and raids are cleared people should get bored, no?

    Now, if you're saying "People will get bored with classic just as they get bored with retail when raids are cleared multiple time", sure.
    Retail gets updates, classic will only get updates up and til the patch when tbc had been released, what then?

    My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    While I do believe they will heavily promote retail subs to "Relive Azeroth as it was!!!11", I don't think Blizzard would be stupid enough to alienate the actual version that keeps people paying.
    I wouldn't have thought that either a few years back. But after promissing the hardcore pc fanbase big news and what they were waiting for on the next blizzcon. only to show a mobile game.. That time has passed. i have close to zero faith in blizzard not fucking this up

  9. #49
    def not 9.0 and hopefully never.. I have no desire to go back to classic with out LFR/LFG, flying, and other time savers.
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

  10. #50
    i always think why people are so stupid

    why would a raised difficulty in leveling make the next exp. a success??
    u guys think people only level up for the whole expansion and once they hit max lvl they lvl another char, and redo this untill the next expansion comes out?

    if the engame is shit the expansion will be shit. it doesnt matter if lvling takes 20 weeks or 1 weeks

  11. #51
    Classic is just demo of wow, it's old, everyone know everything about it. There are no arenas, no m+, no achivements so a lot of people will get bored and new expansion is always something new.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    If classic overshadows retail then retail will become more like classic. Next expansion probably too soon to see any changes in that direction.
    Why would it? Do they expect the classic crowd to go retail, and alienate the current retail players that don't like Classic/Vanilla?

  13. #53
    No, way to late for it to make any major changes that effects next expansion, sure they might already have taken some ideas and features from Classic and older expansions but it will not be becouse of the classic server.

  14. #54
    People vastly underestimate how fast they'll get bored with classic. Powerful rose tinted glasses. If retail starts to de-evolve, that will most certainly kill it for good.

  15. #55
    Stood in the Fire Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    421
    I can imagine that if Classic is successful Blizzard will at least allocate resources to the Classic team. They have mentioned additional expansion servers might become a thing if so.

    However I will not be surprised if gameplay mechanics in Classic/older expansions bleed over into the planning of future expansions. Not all systems were great but some were clearly better in retrospect.

  16. #56
    Nope.

    Even in the extremely unlikely scenario of Classic having more players than live, the only outcome is that Blizzard will be able to continue developing the retail game. The two teams are separate from one another, I don't know why players want to have this idiotic "us vs. them" flamewar so badly.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If by some miracle, everyone quits their job and embraces all the soulless grinds of classic and stops playing v8.x, then I'm sure Blizzard will drop all pretense and implement the same grinds back into the game. The more likely scenario is that most people will play a bit and then get bored of it, hence the influence will be next to nothing. Should there be a surprise success in classic wow's rerelease even after a few months, then we might see some changes depending on the degree of that success.
    This only applies if you expect to experience 100% of all wow content. Which if you play casualy you should not expect that. I jave job, gf and plan to wotkout again. You think i cant play classic when i have less time to play? Oh yeah i can totaly play it but i dont ezpect to experinece everything and get top gear. And thats how it should be. If you feel entilted to game content be accessible for you regardless of time invetment than you are not gamer.

  18. #58
    Here is my prediction or facts of the future as I call it:

    Initial burst of people will play classic, everybody will enjoy themself. The population of wow2 will be lower. Than it goes perhaps 1 months. The population of classic wow is now declining, people now understand how limited the game is and how slow everything really is.
    People quickly understand why the demand for LFG and faster progression was a thing in wow2. People are more impatient and expect gratification every single day to stay interested. Classic cannot deliver this, everything is a slow process.

    Classic will come to a steady population and it will have increased interests once new stuff comes out, primarily raids since classic really didn't offered anything else.

    Once wow2 expansion comes out, classic will be a dead game til people get bored of wow2 again, once they done the 1 thing they like 1 million times.
    Story will continue the same path forever. Up and down.

    Forums will be flooded with "can we get this and that, this make me sad, this make unhappy" only now it will about 2 games instead of 1.

    TLDR;

    patch 8.2>classic>Patch 8.2>new content classic>patch 8.3>new content classic>patch 8.3>new content classic>patch 9.0>TBC comes out>patch9.1>TBC content>patch 9.1>tbc content>patch 9.2 etc etc etc etc etc

  19. #59
    Yes. We are already getting resistances in 8.2. I would expect some influence on the next expansion, but obviously there will not be any super dramatic changes.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Classic is just demo of wow, it's old, everyone know everything about it. There are no arenas, no m+, no achivements so a lot of people will get bored and new expansion is always something new.
    People dpnt care about achievements, mythic+ and arena can be recretes in gurubashi arena. You are delusional if you think people enjoy mythic+ with this rush rush mindset so they can finish dungeon in time. Most people just want challenging long dnd experince in open spaced dungeons with secrets, rares, hidden doors and challenge. They want rpg experince not compettive rush.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •