1. #1

    Cool A fun project: What kind of Subgroups would you like for Forsaken and Night Elves?

    One of the most popular aspects of the Kul'tirans were the various 'houses', and on a grander scale, most folks find the specialized human nations more interesting than Stormwind. It's also an aspect of what made the AU's fake Mag'har interesting.

    The Forsaken and Night Elves have a few such groups already, but they're badly out of focus.

    So what would you like to see for the more specialized internal groups of these factions, or what elaboration would you want to see on their existing groups?
    Twas brillig

  2. #2
    The Forsaken seem to have Sylvanas Loyalists like Nathanos and also ones that "keep their humanity" in a sense like Zelling or Faol.

    I'm not sure the night elves need subfactions since technically the ludicrous number of elves we have now are all branches off the OG highborne, which night elves most physically resemble.

  3. #3
    Besides different races, i think it would be cool to see Forsaken who've been resurrected from different means. Ones who died from the plague, that may show more of a sickly effect than the ones who were resurrected by normal necromancy. Also would be cool to see more Nathanos like ones, not necessarily the same method, but just people who died and weren't torn apart(like the guy from that manga who was used for infiltration).

    I used to be into a collectible miniature series called "Mage Knights" before Warcraft, and their undead faction had numerous sects within, some ruled by necromancers, some by vampires and even dark elves. I think the Forsaken would do really cool to expand their faction like that, instead of it just being Sylvanas and some undead.


    The Night Elves do have subgroups, that are mostly all playable and then ones that aren't, like Satyr, Druids of the Flame, Naga, etc... I think a possibly good one for Alliance however, may be if they get mecha gnomes and all the possibilities of different types.

    There is one thing Night Elves could do, I think to add more sub groups, but there'd have to be some weird lore reason for the non druids. That being that with the Night Elves scattered and homeless, maybe different groups of them start to latch onto different Wild Gods and deities. Tyrande and her crew could do dark eyes, but maybe there's others who are asking Aviana for her protection and we start to see Night Elves with feathers, or maybe some who go to Cenarius/Malorne or the Bear dudes and get antlers or fur/fangs. Pretty sure Harpies are Night Elves, but from 1000's of years ago, so it would make sense that a new generation could do something similar.

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,386
    The grave and an axe
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    One of the most popular aspects of the Kul'tirans were the various 'houses', and on a grander scale, most folks find the specialized human nations more interesting than Stormwind. It's also an aspect of what made the AU's fake Mag'har interesting.

    The Forsaken and Night Elves have a few such groups already, but they're badly out of focus.

    So what would you like to see for the more specialized internal groups of these factions, or what elaboration would you want to see on their existing groups?
    The Night elves not being human and quite advanced, would have a very complicated system.

    They would be in groups according to their Orders and devotions, cos night elves typically get fanatical about their area of devotion, whether Arcane (highborne), Elune (priests), nature (druids) or fel (Illidari)...

    Now these groups have had 10,000 years largely to themselves and as such would have sub groups within them.

    • The highborne would have titles and houses pretty much like you see in the nightborne, which is kaldorei pre sunderi g society structures carried on. Compounded with different communities like the shen'dralar and Darnassian highborne, the Farondis highborne, the Moonguard and the nightborne.
    • The Order of Elune: Priestess led group which including it's subsidiary groups like the Sentinels, Wardens and Watchers as well, have always had their own system, and it did not fall apart due to the su dering but grew, Tyrande creating the Entinels, the Watchers and the Wardens in addition to the various sects of the Order of Elune which could be very interesting to flesh out - what if the order had sects devoted to the moon, other to the stars, other to the shadow void etc.., the priestly structure of the Order of Elune is still mysterious cos it hasntbeenfkeshedout.
    • The druids have lots of various groups too, Druids of the claw, talon, wild, branch, dreamwardens, cenarion circle etc
    • The Illidari also seem a diverse lot, the demon hunters and Illidari fel casters also have different types of sects with Ashto gue broken, demons working g for their cause, naga and blood elves, even some eredar, and while we only experience Illidari as demon hunters, I wouldnt be surprised if a caster versio becomes the night elf warlock slot, which is basically an Illidari wielding green fire and commanding demons to destroy , called a Fel Lord or something, a variation of warlock just like Blood knights are a variation of Paladin or Tidesage a variation of shaman, I.e. they arent warlocks but you experience them as a playable class via the warlock option for night elves.
    Each devotional is actual a highly organised and developed society of it's own, with various purposes, focuses, capabilities all dedicated to enhance their knowledge and experience of what they are devoted too.

    They are also fairly autonomous and independent of each other which means they run as their own societies, but as recent events show, will come together when very serious threats arise.

    That is how the night elves are organised and I'd just develop that further.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-05-20 at 09:01 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The Night elves not being human and quite advanced, would have a very complicated system.

    They would be in groups according to their Orders and devotions, cos night elves typically get fanatical about their area of devotion, whether Arcane (highborne), Elune (priests), nature (druids) or fel (Illidari)...

    Now these groups have had 10,000 years largely to themselves and as such would have sub groups within them.

    The highborne would have titles and houses pretty much like you see in the nightborne, which is kaldorei pre sunderi g society structures carried on. Compounded with different communities like the shen'dralar and Darnassian highborne, the Farondis highborne, the Moonguard and the nightborne.

    The Priests as well, have always had their own system, and it did not fall apart due to the su dering but grew, Tyrande creating the Entinels, the Watchers and the Wardens in addition to the various sects of the Order of Elune which could be very interesting to flesh out - what if the order had sects devoted to the moon, other to the stars, other to the shadow void etc.., the priestly structure of the Order of Elune is still mysterious cos it hasntbeenfkeshedout.
    Exactly! I've always wanted to see the nelfs develop some orders based on the phases of the moon, especially after we got 'army of the black moon' for night warrior new moon stuff.
    Twas brillig

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Exactly! I've always wanted to see the nelfs develop some orders based on the phases of the moon, especially after we got 'army of the black moon' for night warrior new moon stuff.
    A Snapshot of The Depth and Dynamic of Each Group
    I feel and we could have the priestesses and their little game of thrones, the leader of the sentinels, tugging against st the leader of the wardens, tugging against the leader of the Moo Priests and that of the dark moon order, their various wi gs producing the type of characteristics that would have inevitable clashes.

    Another interesting one could be that amongst the highborne. Prince Farondis leads them and commands universal respect amongst the kaldorei given his history and actions as well as his station, but that doesnt stop some highborne making a play for power, like the good version of types like Xavius. Then there are also dynamics between newly raised Darnassian highborne because they are viewed as "country", the returned Darnassian highborne who some of the others look down as betraying their calling to put up with Malfurions foolish ban, then those that look down on the shen'dralar for being foolish enough to siphon power from a demon and unnecessarily let Eldre'thalas decline to the shocking g state but their are also things each group admires about the other too. However they are all committed to rebuilding arcana and the night elven civilization and lead the world in responsible use of magic.

    The druids could also be interesting. The different druid packs or branches could actually reflect a particular wild God, bearing g some similarity to the trolls and loa but also bei g very different,after all it is a different thing. Night elves worship Elune, not wild gods, but wild gods, like dragons are revered, and the different druid packs or branches have widly different characteristics reflecting their patron wild God. Ofc not all have a patron wild God, the Dreamwardens are heavily Emerald dream focused and largely balance druids and it also leaves room for new orders, with the arcane finally accepted and it's long standing relation with nature, especially with nightborne botanists potentially joining because of Farodin and tending the arcan'dor etc could be very I teresti g night elf druid interaction, then extending to the wider druid community.

    The Night Elves Rebuilt
    in time, after the two genocide events and all the bad luck, they have the groups they can use to rebuild the night elves as their own federation or faction - if we want to expand this concept further.

    It would involve building up some new night elf groups and adding numbers:


    New Groups:

    1. Restored Farondis: These guys get brought back - something to do with how they were cursed, but it was undone (ideas could include they were acutally phased into a pocket dimension created by the magical force and linked to it by an item Azshara posses, once this was discovered, and shattered, they were fully brought back into this plane. They formed a new faction of highborne
    2. Emerald Dream Night Elf Worgen: THe Nightmares encroaching into the waking world during Legion also opened the door for these worgen to be return. With the return of Goldrinn and the Scythe of Elune, more kept popping up all over Val'sharah, the Dreamwardens leading Arch Druid was able to use the scythe ot restore their sanity, they formed a new faction of druids
    3. Naz'dorei: Naga who regain their elven form back (with some sea modifications) and are able to shift between elf form and naga form (in water they auto transform into naga, and on mounts they auto transform into elf forms - at all other times they can hcoose which form to be in - their story something like Azshara's defeat in the Eternal Palace brought hope and realisation of her fallibility to many naga who had opposed her in secret or longed for na opening to escape (deliverance can come via Elune and the stars for freedom, or a great magical spell that restored them, forming a new night elf sub-race in Nazjatar which eventually rises. They become instrumental when we finally kill Azshara.
    4. Cenarians The half Night elf/Half stag forest people, who for the last 10k years have been part of the druid family, they are totally devoted to nature, unlike the priests or highborne and others, and while share half a body with the kaldorei, are not historically from them, but through Elune, are bonded witht hem - as such they form an intrinsic ethereal nature group - like the purest end of nature lovers for the druids.
    5. Redeemed Satyr: the Legion's defeat exposes a lot of satyr who like others had craved for freedom and a return to their lives, following the example from 2 satyr restored to night elves, many seek and call on the goddess for that. one day she answered, granting them a second chance but on condition, they must yuse their freedom to fight the demonic hordes they once were a part of, they get restored to Illidari like half night elf, half demon - and swell the ranks of the Illidari as a new faction within the illidari.
    6. Undead Black Rook Ravencrest Nelves: These are the elves following the events of Black Rook hold, once the deception of the legion was lifted, they vowed to rally together to save their beleaguered living kin, save kalimdor and restore the great losses of culture and civilizaiton the legions arrival caused. bolstered by night elven dks who join them from the Ebon blade these are a separate community of war and strategy minded night elves - they work with the sentinels, Moonguard and Demon hunters who are the military wings of the Order of elune, Highborne and Illidari.
    7. Defected Nightborne: Nightborne many of which were appalled at the war of thorns, and decided it was a hasty rush to join the horde given that would mean coming up against their kin who are the reason Suramar and the world was spared destruction from the legion, unwilling to start a civil war, they maneouver the ruling council of Suramar to recognise that not all nightborne would stand with the horde and it is their right to choose. With numbers so large and wishing to avoid a civil war, Suramar is declared neutral with some nightborne aligning themselves with the night elves and others with the blood elves - they decide that they will not be defined by the young alliance and horde, and their citizens are free to choose their allies. Those that work with the night elves and druids in time find the effects of the arcan'dor accelerated, and regain their kaldorei forms - they are distinct from normal night elves via their arcane runes and regal postures and hairstyles. Those who allied with the blood elves got invited to share in the light of the sunwell, this act had a strange effect of stalling the restoration to kaldorei - and as such those who ally with the horde have the nightborne appearance nad those who defected to the kaldorei, regained their appearnace



    5 Orders in Total
    • Elune - Moon Priests (and their sects), sentinels, Watchers, Wardens
    • Arcane - shen'dralar, darnassian highborne, defected nightborne, Farondis, Moonguard
    • Nature - Cenarion Circle, Dreamwardens, Druids of the claw, of the talon, of the branch, of the wild
    • Fel - Illidari demon hunters, Fel Lord Casters, Satyr Nelfs (the Forsworn)
    • Undead



    Communities: Darnassians, Naz'dorei, Highborne, Druids

    Re-Building Their Faction

    THe aim of all of the above is providing depth, a chanceand quicker way night elves can have various different groups and peoples. It would be their form of nations, you can have both nations and orders.


    The point is humans aren't the only ones that can be incredibly diverse, have different peoples, nations, factions as well as orders, the elves might be different.. and may never once more be the unified force that dominated the world, which might be why even with a world tree, well of eternity and Goddess and fel powers, they don't - because they aren't one nation - just a group of allied nations with their separate lives in a new world, slowly coming together and working together over time.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-05-20 at 09:44 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I feel and we could have the priestesses and their little game of thrones, the leader of the sentinels, tugging against st the leader of the wardens, tugging against the leader of the Moo Priests and that of the dark moon order, their various wi gs producing the type of characteristics that would have inevitable clashes.

    Another interesting one could be that amongst the highborne. Prince Farondis leads them and commands universal respect amongst the kaldorei given his history and actions as well as his station, but that doesnt stop some highborne making a play for power, like the good version of types like Xavius. Then there are also dynamics between newly raised Darnassian highborne because they are viewed as "country", the returned Darnassian highborne who some of the others look down as betraying their calling to put up with Malfurions foolish ban, then those that look down on the shen'dralar for being foolish enough to siphon power from a demon and unnecessarily let Eldre'thalas decline to the shocking g state but their are also things each group admires about the other too. However they are all committed to rebuilding arcana and the night elven civilization and lead the world in responsible use of magic.

    The druids could also be interesting. The different druid packs or branches could actually reflect a particular wild God, bearing g some similarity to the trolls and loa but also bei g very different,after all it is a different thing. Night elves worship Elune, not wild gods, but wild gods, like dragons are revered, and the different druid packs or branches have widly different characteristics reflecting their patron wild God. Ofc not all have a patron wild God, the Dreamwardens are heavily Emerald dream focused and largely balance druids and it also leaves room for new orders, with the arcane finally accepted and it's long standing relation with nature, especially with nightborne botanists potentially joining because of Farodin and tending the arcan'dor etc could be very I teresti g night elf druid interaction, then extending to the wider druid community
    Farondis shouldn't lead anything, he's dead, if he can just walk around and lead and stuff there's no tragedy to his curse.

    Let LIVING highborne like Mordent Evenshade lead.

    I agree we should see more distinction in the Druid groups though.
    Twas brillig

  9. #9
    The night elves have
    Civilians
    The Sisterhood of Elune
    The Sentinels
    The Watchers (which include the Wardens)
    Druids
    The Shen'dralar

    The Forsaken on the other hand are different. The vast majority are just civilians of Lordaeron yet it is not clear if Forsaken that were once nobility have any particular authority, especially considering BTS retconning Forsaken society. Still, the Deathguard, the Apothecaries, the Dark Rangers and the Forsaken priest order (which is unclear if part of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow, since that one was defunct with Seline's apparent death) all seem to have a special place.

    I'd say all the groups above ARE distinct. They have their own individual and recognizable leaders

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Farondis shouldn't lead anything, he's dead, if he can just walk around and lead and stuff there's no tragedy to his curse.

    Let LIVING highborne like Mordent Evenshade lead.

    I agree we should see more distinction in the Druid groups though.
    Oh I know he is dead now, but if they ever decide to undo Azshara's curse, which I think would be awesome, this is where I would have them fit in the grand scheme of things.

    Here is why I Think This
    It's a long read about why Farondis excites me so much

    but I loved his story and it was so touching, brave, cool, great and I loved that it showed a clean group of highborne that can command the respect of al. With the nightborne gone horde, the Farondis would elevate the regard and respect amongst all the night elf orders as they are a highborne community that retained the original nobility of the caste when its peers allowed their lust for power and hubris to corrupt them and indulge the Legion.

    They have significant qualities that could serve in rebuilding and uniting all the branches of the Kaldorei, if restored he could potential be a well loved kaldorei head, allowing Malfurion and Tyrande with their extraordinary powers to focus on being Order leaders tending global affairs especially with the nightborne potentially having both Moon Priests and druids soon if we are to follow their progress with the arcan'dor and that city's particular priesthood heritage to it's obvious conclusion.

    My hope was that they restore them and use the m. So in this scenario, seeing it is a fun exercise, I included them
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-05-19 at 08:59 PM.

  11. #11
    Forsaken already have a ton of groups. Deathstalkers, Shadowstalkers forming the spies and assassination branch, Dreadguard, Deathguard, Executors forming the military, RAS developing new crap, Dark Rangers being an elite ranged force, Banshees, Ghouls and Abominations here and there. There are also some specialized forces for specific campaigns that have mixed units, like Defilers and The Hand of Vengeance. Then there's another layer of pre-Cata Forsaken freed by Sylvanas from Lich King's grasp and post-Cata Forsaken raised as free-willed undead by Sylvanas' Val'kyr from the get go.

    But I'd add some new groups. First, Forsaken should have had their own magic forces formed years ago. They have both former members of the Kirin Tor in their ranks, as well as a fuckton of magic-obsessed High Elves. And aside from strong grasp of the Arcane they should also heavily involve Warlocks (a result of the combination of their fight fire with fire mentality and their grudge against the Legion) as well as Shadow Priests. They should also have some Liches (technically they have one since Vanilla), as after failing at getting more Val'kyr Sylvanas should have really diversified her necromancers. They could have had pressence in Caer Darrow after its capture by the Forsaken.

    RAS should be fleshed out with multiple departments. Plaguebringers have been seen on some occasions. My personal theory is that instead of dealing with the chemistry of the Blight research they are responsible for the engineering of various forms of Blight deployment and maybe some other gadgets occasionally resulting from their research (maybe they even made the interstellar catapults that burned Teldrassil, who knows). There should also be a branch responsible for creation of new Ghouls, Abominations and undead constructs.

    The specialized combination forces should also be utilized. Defilers should be at the forefront of Arathi warfont, or at least one of its versions. The fact that they aren't in the expansion spearheaded by Sylvanas is fucking idiotic and shows how much Blizzard doesn't give a shit about the Forsaken and that this entire expansion is only a farcical facade for the sadorc and human potential saga. The Hand of Vengeance on the other hand should be refocused from vengeance against the Lich King to vengeance against the Worgen for Genn fucking Sylvanas' plans up. As such, they should have heavy presence in Gilneas.

    Finally, the San'layn should be added to the Forsaken for good. They are a perfect fit for them. After all, Dreven was only created in BfA, while there are still some Blood Princes unaccounted for since WotLK (and one of them was potentially higher ranked than some members of the Blood Prince Council). They should be led by a new Blood Princess though, because that model is swell. They could be more magic-oriented elite forces, while Dark Rangers (who also should be fleshed out, especially after the addition of Night Elves into their ranks) are elite ranged forced and Dreadguard (and now Dark Wardens) are elite melee troops. San'layn should also feel some comraderie with old Dark Rangers and Banshees, due to all of them being of Thalassian origin. Which creates some potential for political friction against human Forsaken, especially with how arrogant the San'layn tend to be.

    Also, back in TBC the Forsaken recruited the ghosts of Alliance Expedition. They should not remain forgotten. Especially since Alleria and Turalyon are back and are fighting against Sylvanas, which could create some interesting moments.

    Maybe also throw in some undead Nerubians that broke free after Arthas' death and couldn't find a place among the living population of Azjol-Nerub (for obvious reasons). And potentially some other freed Scourge members, like an undead Troll here and there, maybe some undead Vrykul following Sylvanas because of the Val'kyr.

    In general, I made two lengthy posts on this 2 years back:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post43686628
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post43731080

    Just adapt things to the abomination that is BfA if needs be.

    As for the old Forsaken vs new Forsken, the faces of the new Forsaken sure as shit shouldn't be Voss and Zelling. Voss refused to join Forsaken for years and only joined in BfA, whereas Zelling was just resurrected and has never set foot in Undercity. What the fuck does either of them know about the Forsaken society, even from the perspective of post-Cata ones?

  12. #12
    Another very interesting sub group of the Forsaken in the old Lore was the Cult of Forgotten Shadow, which also exists in WoW. Sadly, Blizzard doesn't give them any attention and their chances to get more seem slim, especially if Calia should become the new leader.

  13. #13
    Night elves had one, back in classic. There was the Staghelm side of Darnassus who wanted to exclude themselves from the Alliance and push back against the Horde, and the more peaceful Alliance-leaning side led by Tyrande who believed more in the Alliance and had a closer connection to the Cenarion Circle.

    I'd personally love to see a faction of more peacefully-aligned, less villainous Forsaken, possibly led by Alonsus Faol. They already exist to some degree in lore with characters like Thomas Zelling and Lilian Voss, plus seeds of some Forsaken actually showing less of a desire for conflict were planted in the Before the Storm novel.

  14. #14
    The Nelfs have many subgroups that you interact with in game but they all look fairly similar. Only way I see them getting made different is if we get “old” Azeroth as an xpac. Personally I’d like to see more dwarf customization so I can have a wild hammer dwarf

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Night elves had one, back in classic. There was the Staghelm side of Darnassus who wanted to exclude themselves from the Alliance and push back against the Horde, and the more peaceful Alliance-leaning side led by Tyrande who believed more in the Alliance and had a closer connection to the Cenarion Circle.

    I'd personally love to see a faction of more peacefully-aligned, less villainous Forsaken, possibly led by Alonsus Faol. They already exist to some degree in lore with characters like Thomas Zelling and Lilian Voss, plus seeds of some Forsaken actually showing less of a desire for conflict were planted in the Before the Storm novel.
    Id almost put money on the “more human” forsaken after Sylvanas is ousted.

  15. #15
    Some sort of Night Elf subfaction that were really into magic and didn't want to give it up at the end of the War of the Ancients, maybe they sailed away with a few drops of the Well of Eternity and stopped being nocturnal or something.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Some sort of Night Elf subfaction that were really into magic and didn't want to give it up at the end of the War of the Ancients, maybe they sailed away with a few drops of the Well of Eternity and stopped being nocturnal or something.
    Aurora, this is what the Shen'dralar highobnre, Moonguard, Farondis cursed ghost highborne and Nightborne all are. While blizzard could bring a new group in, what they really need to do is actually show the fancier side of the highborne that have joined the night elves - especially now with groups like the Moonguard and Farondis around,t hey could really build this into a great faction. Another route they could take or an additional route they could take is make some of the nightborne choose to ally with the night elves - especially after the arcan'dor, the resistnace responsible for saving the world and Suramar, not ot mention the horror of the War of the Thorns, and being annoyed the blood leves would so willingly agree to slaughtering elves.


    They could bring another group from afar, but they just need to show the existing ones with the same calibre they did the nightborne. Cos face it, the shend'ralar didn't actually get screen time , dire maul was never redesigned/upgraded to fit the new world and reflect the advance civilizaiton it once was, and we haven't seent hem in action..


    Here is a little extra fleshing out I added to my earlier post, detailing more depth they could give them. I think you would like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The Night Elves Rebuilt
    in time, after the two genocide events and all the bad luck, they have the groups they can use to rebuild the night elves as their own federation or faction - if we want to expand this concept further.

    It would involve building up some new night elf groups and adding numbers:


    New Groups:

    1. Restored Farondis: These guys get brought back - something to do with how they were cursed, but it was undone (ideas could include they were acutally phased into a pocket dimension created by the magical force and linked to it by an item Azshara posses, once this was discovered, and shattered, they were fully brought back into this plane. They formed a new faction of highborne
    2. Emerald Dream Night Elf Worgen: THe Nightmares encroaching into the waking world during Legion also opened the door for these worgen to be return. With the return of Goldrinn and the Scythe of Elune, more kept popping up all over Val'sharah, the Dreamwardens leading Arch Druid was able to use the scythe ot restore their sanity, they formed a new faction of druids
    3. Naz'dorei: Naga who regain their elven form back (with some sea modifications) and are able to shift between elf form and naga form (in water they auto transform into naga, and on mounts they auto transform into elf forms - at all other times they can hcoose which form to be in - their story something like Azshara's defeat in the Eternal Palace brought hope and realisation of her fallibility to many naga who had opposed her in secret or longed for na opening to escape (deliverance can come via Elune and the stars for freedom, or a great magical spell that restored them, forming a new night elf sub-race in Nazjatar which eventually rises. They become instrumental when we finally kill Azshara.
    4. Cenarians The half Night elf/Half stag forest people, who for the last 10k years have been part of the druid family, they are totally devoted to nature, unlike the priests or highborne and others, and while share half a body with the kaldorei, are not historically from them, but through Elune, are bonded witht hem - as such they form an intrinsic ethereal nature group - like the purest end of nature lovers for the druids.
    5. Redeemed Satyr: the Legion's defeat exposes a lot of satyr who like others had craved for freedom and a return to their lives, following the example from 2 satyr restored to night elves, many seek and call on the goddess for that. one day she answered, granting them a second chance but on condition, they must yuse their freedom to fight the demonic hordes they once were a part of, they get restored to Illidari like half night elf, half demon - and swell the ranks of the Illidari as a new faction within the illidari.
    6. Undead Black Rook Ravencrest Nelves: These are the elves following the events of Black Rook hold, once the deception of the legion was lifted, they vowed to rally together to save their beleaguered living kin, save kalimdor and restore the great losses of culture and civilizaiton the legions arrival caused. bolstered by night elven dks who join them from the Ebon blade these are a separate community of war and strategy minded night elves - they work with the sentinels, Moonguard and Demon hunters who are the military wings of the Order of elune, Highborne and Illidari.
    7. Defected Nightborne: Nightborne many of which were appalled at the war of thorns, and decided it was a hasty rush to join the horde given that would mean coming up against their kin who are the reason Suramar and the world was spared destruction from the legion, unwilling to start a civil war, they maneouver the ruling council of Suramar to recognise that not all nightborne would stand with the horde and it is their right to choose. With numbers so large and wishing to avoid a civil war, Suramar is declared neutral with some nightborne aligning themselves with the night elves and others with the blood elves - they decide that they will not be defined by the young alliance and horde, and their citizens are free to choose their allies. Those that work with the night elves and druids in time find the effects of the arcan'dor accelerated, and regain their kaldorei forms - they are distinct from normal night elves via their arcane runes and regal postures and hairstyles. Those who allied with the blood elves got invited to share in the light of the sunwell, this act had a strange effect of stalling the restoration to kaldorei - and as such those who ally with the horde have the nightborne appearance nad those who defected to the kaldorei, regained their appearnace



    5 Orders in Total
    • Elune - Moon Priests (and their sects), sentinels, Watchers, Wardens
    • Arcane - shen'dralar, darnassian highborne, defected nightborne, Farondis, Moonguard
    • Nature - Cenarion Circle, Dreamwardens, Druids of the claw, of the talon, of the branch, of the wild
    • Fel - Illidari demon hunters, Fel Lord Casters, Satyr Nelfs (the Forsworn)
    • Undead



    Communities: Darnassians, Naz'dorei, Highborne, Druids

    Re-Building Their Faction

    THe aim of all of the above is providing depth, a chanceand quicker way night elves can have various different groups and peoples. It would be their form of nations, you can have both nations and orders.


    The point is humans aren't the only ones that can be incredibly diverse, have different peoples, nations, factions as well as orders, the elves might be different.. and may never once more be the unified force that dominated the world, which might be why even with a world tree, well of eternity and Goddess and fel powers, they don't - because they aren't one nation - just a group of allied nations with their separate lives in a new world, slowly coming together and working together over time.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Aurora, this is what the Shen'dralar highobnre, Moonguard, Farondis cursed ghost highborne and Nightborne all are. While blizzard could bring a new group in, what they really need to do is actually show the fancier side of the highborne that have joined the night elves - especially now with groups like the Moonguard and Farondis around,t hey could really build this into a great faction. Another route they could take or an additional route they could take is make some of the nightborne choose to ally with the night elves - especially after the arcan'dor, the resistnace responsible for saving the world and Suramar, not ot mention the horror of the War of the Thorns, and being annoyed the blood elves would so willingly agree to slaughtering elves.


    They could bring another group from afar, but they just need to show the existing ones with the same calibre they did the nightborne. Cos face it, the shend'ralar didn't actually get screen time , dire maul was never redesigned/upgraded to fit the new world and reflect the advance civilizaiton it once was, and we haven't seent hem in action..


    Here is a little extra fleshing out I added to my earlier post, detailing more depth they could give them. I think you would like this.
    Neat ideas but I honestly think it's a bad move to involve so many undead nelves, between Black Rook Hold and Farondis's court. The nelfs need to move forward, not always rely on their past. (plus, death is already cheep enough in the setting)

    I'd also think bringing in the nightborne is a bit messy in theme overlap with the Shen'dralar. I think the cenarians and the various Elunite orders would be your best bets.
    Twas brillig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •