Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lol, I called out Alexensual because he was throwing one of his hissy fits over the tauren hitbox thing, he then blocked me. I guess some people have very fragile egos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    They reworked worked talents and a bunch other changes or something like that.
    Hm. In my opinion, I don’t think the changes dumbed the game down a lot relative to what we’ve seen since then. Again, I don’t have a reference before 1.12, but raids didn’t suddenly become faceroll or people started hitting 60 in a week due to the changes. Maybe someone who played pre-1.12 has a different view, but I don’t recall anyone ever saying 1.12 was a huge dumb down patch.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Hm. In my opinion, I don’t think the changes dumbed the game down a lot relative to what we’ve seen since then. Again, I don’t have a reference before 1.12, but raids didn’t suddenly become faceroll or people started hitting 60 in a week due to the changes. Maybe someone who played pre-1.12 has a different view, but I don’t recall anyone ever saying 1.12 was a huge dumb down patch.
    A lot of people think it made raiding much easier also the world buff meta which gives a massive dps boost even though all raids can be done without them. Apparently private servers have less of a limit on world buffs or something. I kind of glanced over it Most people think molten core we'll go down in a week though.

I'm hype to see the leveling cheesy and raid progression but classic pve isn't fun to me at all. I wonder what the strat we'll be during the rush.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-05-18 at 06:04 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    where do they call out bfa players?
    Maybe this part " Creature respawn rates are much slower than in Battle for Azeroth. " Although thats really not a callout as much as it is just a fact that respawn rates were much slower in Vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people think it made raiding much easier also the world buff meta which gives a massive dps boost even though all raids can be done without them. Apparently private servers have less of a limit on world buffs or something. I kind of glanced over it Most people think molten core we'll go down in a week though.

I'm hype to see the leveling cheesy and raid progression but classic pve isn't fun to me at all. I wonder what the strat we'll be during the rush.
    Gotcha. I was such a noob then, and the guild I was in had a lot players we’d graciously call untrained today. So I didn’t feel the difference the way a guild that was progressing toward Naxx might have. Still, I don’t think it changed the game dramatically in an overall sense.

I think once guilds are geared enough, they’ll clear MC pretty quick. The subsequent raids might take some more doing, as they are predicated somewhat on raid gear, which drops so sparingly. Even if you clear MC within one or two nights, going back to gear the raid to do BWL will take a while, you just don’t faceroll that content.

*In before “When we had Naxx gear we downed MC in 45 minutes.”

Gotcha. I was such a noob then, and the guild I was in had a lot players we’d graciously call untrained today. So I didn’t feel the difference the way a guild that was progressing toward Naxx might have. Still, I don’t think it changed the game dramatically in an overall sense.

I think once guilds are geared enough, they’ll clear MC pretty quick. The subsequent raids might take some more doing, as they are predicated somewhat on raid gear, which drops so sparingly. Even if you clear MC within one or two nights, going back to gear the raid to do BWL will take a while, you just don’t faceroll that content.

Same I leveled a warrior on retail. Currently leveling a warlock and sometimes we make bad choices in life. I can literally kill 2-3 mobs at once with dots but they're a level lower than me. Spell casters mobs are still scary but squishy so I avoid them if possible. I just farm mobs to level cause I like loot. I haven't done a single quest cause, I can't be arsed.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-05-18 at 06:42 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Was this a thing? I remember gnomes complaining about pools in black morass, but were there spots in classic that caused issues too?
    The shorter races had a lot of issues with shallow pools in Vanilla, yeah. Certainly stuff a human couldn't down in, a gnome could. Mostly it was an issue for movement though. That's why when it was still the case in TBC, it caused such a problem with Black Morass, which required swift, precise movement. Good days to be a Tauren Warrior, as I was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same I leveled a warrior on retail. Currently leveling a warlock and sometimes we make bad choices in life. I can literally kill 2-3 mobs at once with dots but they're a level lower than me. Spell casters mobs are still scary but squishy so I avoid them if possible. I just farm mobs to level cause I like loot. I haven't done a single quest cause, I can't be arsed.
    I leveled a Mage. A fire Mage. My pulls were all cast, cast, get hit, cast, get hit, cast, kill mob, loot, heal. I leveled Fire because Fireball did so much more damage than Frostbolt. It was a while before I caught on to the kiting method of Frost. But I kept playing the Rocky Balboa method.

I like questing though, I’m a junkie for it. I do every one I can get my hands on.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I think you'll be surprised by how efficiently people will clear a lot of this content, because it's not just about gear - though that is a big factor. I think people actually will pretty much faceroll a lot of BWL, for example.

People are, in general, far better players now than they were then. I know I can hear scoffing about this from some people who weren't there, but even the rando-est randos from the random dungeon finder are typically playing, in terms of movement, speed of acquiring targets, speed of getting out of stuff and so on, at the level the better class of raider did in Vanilla. People also ignore more shit now, but I think they'll get over that pretty quickly because it'll kill them if they don't.

Strategies will be much clearer. Everything that works and doesn't will be known. Sure, you could look stuff up back then, but the strategies tended to be extremely low quality, often worse than what your Raid Leader was actually telling you to do, and often people just wouldn't look stuff up, especially not watch videos, not back in 2004-2006.

People will have a much better idea about where to get gear and how, too, and we'll see very detailed and correct and specific guides on that from various sources. Whereas again, back then, whilst people looked stuff up, they were often "flying by the seat of their pants" for much of it - going with guesses and memories and "What Steve said!" and so on.

Also a lot of people just didn't really put much effort in, if any. I was in #1 or #2 raiding guild on my server in Classic. We had MC on farm when BWL hit, soon BWL on farm, and so on. And we were terrible. And like 10-15 out of 40 people were barely playing. Some of them it was because they typing too much (we had voice, but only the raid leader spoke on it, generally), others they just didn't really know what they were doing - and we were one of the best guilds on the server, as I said. I strongly suspect most raids will have 40/40 people actually playing - and maybe some will be a bit clueless, but they'll learn fast.

And that's another thing - voice. Having proper modern voice comms, and with most players having a mic AND being willing to use it (neither was the case in Vanilla), and the voice comms working really well (comparing Discord to Teamspeak and so on from that era is just funny), is going to help people tremendously. Clear rapid communication with no need for typing and so on? That will make both raids and dungeons go more smoothly.

Add-on acceptance and availability will be a lot better, and people will more reliably be on the latest version. Plus add-on design will be a lot more advanced. Classic Beta already has a backported DBM, for example, which is better than anything people had then.

Finally there's just outright performance issues. In Vanilla, WoW ran decently, but an awful lot of people were running more like 30fps than 60, and a lot of people had FPS issues (often related to addons, which were relatively a much larger burden on CPU and memory back then) which could cause issues in raiding particularly. Now everyone will be solid-60 in all situations. The higher screen resolutions and move from 4:3 to 16:9 as the standard aspect ratio for monitors will also mean people have a lot more screen real-estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I get all of these, except for this one:

This just seems beyond stupid to me and like something that should be fixed. This isn't something that's 'working as intended', enhances gameplay or anything like that. It's just an annoying visual bug that's nothing more than a nuisance.
    I thought this was hilarious. Seems like a troll, lol...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think you'll be surprised by how efficiently people will clear a lot of this content, because it's not just about gear - though that is a big factor. I think people actually will pretty much faceroll a lot of BWL, for example.

People are, in general, far better players now than they were then. I know I can hear scoffing about this from some people who weren't there, but even the rando-est randos from the random dungeon finder are typically playing, in terms of movement, speed of acquiring targets, speed of getting out of stuff and so on, at the level the better class of raider did in Vanilla. People also ignore more shit now, but I think they'll get over that pretty quickly because it'll kill them if they don't.

Strategies will be much clearer. Everything that works and doesn't will be known. Sure, you could look stuff up back then, but the strategies tended to be extremely low quality, often worse than what your Raid Leader was actually telling you to do, and often people just wouldn't look stuff up, especially not watch videos, not back in 2004-2006.

People will have a much better idea about where to get gear and how, too, and we'll see very detailed and correct and specific guides on that from various sources. Whereas again, back then, whilst people looked stuff up, they were often "flying by the seat of their pants" for much of it - going with guesses and memories and "What Steve said!" and so on.

Also a lot of people just didn't really put much effort in, if any. I was in #1 or #2 raiding guild on my server in Classic. We had MC on farm when BWL hit, soon BWL on farm, and so on. And we were terrible. And like 10-15 out of 40 people were barely playing. Some of them it was because they typing too much (we had voice, but only the raid leader spoke on it, generally), others they just didn't really know what they were doing - and we were one of the best guilds on the server, as I said. I strongly suspect most raids will have 40/40 people actually playing - and maybe some will be a bit clueless, but they'll learn fast.

And that's another thing - voice. Having proper modern voice comms, and with most players having a mic AND being willing to use it (neither was the case in Vanilla), and the voice comms working really well (comparing Discord to Teamspeak and so on from that era is just funny), is going to help people tremendously. Clear rapid communication with no need for typing and so on? That will make both raids and dungeons go more smoothly.

Add-on acceptance and availability will be a lot better, and people will more reliably be on the latest version. Plus add-on design will be a lot more advanced. Classic Beta already has a backported DBM, for example, which is better than anything people had then.

Finally there's just outright performance issues. In Vanilla, WoW ran decently, but an awful lot of people were running more like 30fps than 60, and a lot of people had FPS issues (often related to addons, which were relatively a much larger burden on CPU and memory back then) which could cause issues in raiding particularly. Now everyone will be solid-60 in all situations. The higher screen resolutions and move from 4:3 to 16:9 as the standard aspect ratio for monitors will also mean people have a lot more screen real-estate.
    Al of what you’re saying is logical and probable, I guess it comes down to the delta where skill/knowledge/tech meets gear. Because raiding was not intended to be the be all and end all of WoW, as it became later, I don’t know if the raiding experience should be the litmus test on the quality of Classic. But I fear that it will become exactly that, no matter how the leveling plays out. Time will tell. Thanks for the great response.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    No I get that I agree. I was mostly just stating the opt in portion would ideally not have the active account requirement. Make actually playing it have the sub sure but let us roll the dice on getting the beta invite before we invest.

Im already 100% guaranteed to have the sub running on aug 27th. I genuinely would like to be testing and reporting things for this as applicable, not to hurrdurr change things but for like things that clearly broke by just overlaying the 1.12 code over the current architecture. Im already retired I wouldnt mind myself being an unpaid tester, dont have alot else to be doing.
    I get that you want that but I also don't see that as something Blizzard would make money on. Quite the opposite.
    You might be one of thoes that actually would stay but quite a few would not.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair it was a long time ago

Get that spirit if you want regen in RPG chickenwarriors
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i love the irony . when some people after 3 years of spreading nonsense on this forums finaly have no choice but to admit how many elements of classic were shit as they report them as bugs.
    Ya that isnt the point of this thread lol. We want it all from 2006, the point is that this forum is chock full of private server players (so is the beta) and they are reporting things as bugs simply because it is different from the game they know (the fake/pirated version). It's good that bug reports are happening on the beta, its just that blizzard should be inviting more players with long active subs like myself to help expedite the process so we get a good launch on august 26th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    That proves my point exactly. Private servers are NOT vanilla. People who base their nostalgia on private servers are in for a rough ride. What this list of “reported bugs” shows. They think vanilla was 100% their private server gameplay which it isn’t. Did any of these actually play in 2004 or just jumped on the hype?
    That’s why i said classic is not what people think it was.
    Yeah I mean wait until they see raids dude. Because I was on one of those realms we can’t speak of awhile back. BWL was cleared the moment it was released and I asked them how they did it without FR and then I saw videos. They did Razorgore without kiting a single add. They had the damage to kill everything. That didn’t even happen with Naxx gear in classic so I thought something was odd about that. Then on Vael, not only did they not get the FR buff but they didn’t wear FR gear at all. Not even on their tanks. Then not only that, they killed Vael quicker than my Naxx top 100 world guild did. Their warriors somehow didn’t get aggro despite not having salvation and spamming heroic strike. Anyone who played then knows a warrior can’t go all out on that fight due to aggro.

So I finally come to find out that the reason for this is because the guys who made it didn’t have the correct numbers for anything. No resist numbers. No threat thresholds. I mean shit I knew the players would be better than they were back then but nothing added up for how they did what they did. Not until I found that out anyways.

We’re gonna see threads popping up about how Ragnaros is broken because they’ll pull him expecting that their tank with greens will be fine. Like how poor Tips thought Verdan was bugged because he killed him. He like many others will be in for a big surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Yes, that was a thing from vanilla until at least Cataclysm, maybe longer. In Classic one spot I remember was shallow water in Maraudon. Fun times.

Also gnomes had harder time getting through doors and stuff while mounted because mounts were bigger, while other races (except Tauren, but that one is logical) had no issues riding same mounts. I think its still an issue in BfA, but not as big as it used to be. The only solution is to use small mounts.
    Haha this reminds me when they added the Molten Core attunement window to BRM, female Tauren were fucked. It was impossible to enter through the window as a female Tauren for so long. And you couldn’t talk to the High Elf there to zone in at first either.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean some of these make sense to report as bugs. Like the literal "Questgivers with multiple quests inconcsistently are marked with a ! or a dot" bug Blizz refuses to fix for authenticity, despite also caving on inconsistency elsewhere (hellooooo Wrath water).

Or who the hell would remember Tauren used to have a giant hitbox?
    This is my gripe with the first few waves of the Beta. For the most part it's just people who will get numbers on YouTube and Twitch to drive interest. Not actual Vanilla players that can report on actual bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Warrior health Regeneration is working at the expected rate."

Hilarious. I also love the ones where they're passive aggressively calling out BFA players.
    They're actually passive aggressively calling out any wow player who thinks the spawn rate was off - whether it be BFA players or classic players who had forgotten the classic spawn rate and were used to a quicker one from some point in the games life-span, bfa or before.

I think this list is really passive aggressively calling out classic players too - its pretty "you think you want it, but you don't" in it's handling. As in, this shit isn't the way you remember it - shocker, no one saw that coming.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2019-05-18 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    They're actually passive aggressively calling out any wow player who thinks the spawn rate was off - whether it be BFA players or classic players who had forgotten the classic spawn rate and were used to a quicker one from some point in the games life-span, bfa or before.

I think this list is really passive aggressively calling out classic players too - its pretty "you think you want it, but you don't" in it's handling. As in, this shit isn't the way you remember it - shocker, no one saw that coming.
    Its NEITHER of those things you fruit loops lol. Blizzard knows that the vast majority of people playing on beta are private server kids that either never played vanilla or were 10 at the time. This is great for advertising the game because many of them are entertaining streamers on twitch, but it is not great for testing because most of the bugs they are reporting are clearly not.

Or who the hell would remember Tauren used to have a giant hitbox?
    Anyone that remembers Tauren getting stuck trying to get to the window to zone into MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Its NEITHER of those things you fruit loops lol. Blizzard knows that the vast majority of people playing on beta are private server kids that either never played vanilla or were 10 at the time. This is great for advertising the game because many of them are entertaining streamers on twitch, but it is not great for testing because most of the bugs they are reporting are clearly not.
    Even if alot of the bugs reported aren't bugs, there will still be some that will be found even by private server players, and that's the point blizzard have the 1.12 client working and they can test whatever is reported to check.

And honestly, some of the most obscure bugs found are by some private server tryhard that test every single little thing, for example perplexity stream all his testing. He found out for example that rogue can on the beta use mouseover macro to use any ability on a target without targeting it to keep all the combo point on the main target (when you target something else you are supposed to lose all your combo point on your previous target but mouseover macro allow to bypass that and can make rogue broken) this isnt the kind of thing normal players can find.