Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    what other companies do doesn't matter.
    what i know is this - i haven't had to be subscribed to world of warcraft in order to play beta in as far back as i can remember. played BFA beta. no sub. legion and mists beta. no sub.
    why all of a sudden is this changing now?
    oh right - because its a way for blizzard to milk unsubbed people waiting for classic for an extra 4 months of money.
    1) Its good for business
    2) Its a way to pat the playerbase on the back that is actually supporting the game nowadays.

Its not that bad IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    1) Its good for business
    2) Its a way to pat the playerbase on the back that is actually supporting the game nowadays.

Its not that bad IMO
    1) then i fully expect you to raise a crap storm when the next expansion goes into beta and it doesn't require a sub. you're defending this you better get upset if they revert.
    2) and yet it basically thumbs the nose at those who have been patiently waiting for classic.

so i have to pay for access to betas i have never had to pay for access to with blizzard in order to prove i am interested in classic.
    stop apologizing for blizzard and think for yourself - we didn't have to pay for access to beta before. i got BFA beta. without paying. my friend got access to betas for Cata through warlords. without paying. without subbing.

i understand there is no box price - but i have literally never had to pay for access to a wow beta before. period. not even a sub. but go ahead and excuse them requiring it at the time when it should be the least needed anyway.
    wow. seems to me you dont even like wow. why even get upset?

and it does not really matter. beta characters will be wiped anyway. late august we all get to have fun with classic wow again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    Because somewhere in wow there is the potential for an actually good game, which they got closer to find in the past before moving away from it.

And because I don't think that the game can improve if they only listen to the (increasingly small) subset of their customers who are still happy enough with wow to keep a subscription up (Google "survivorship bias"). When you listen only to the people with positive opinions you can't improve your product.

This is pretty much the largest forum where someone who doesn't have a sub on a North american account have any chance to be heard by the devs.

Sorry that people pointing out the huge flaws in your idiotic game bothers you so much. It's interesting how much you care about others opinions. I mean you're having fun in the game, and that's all that counts, right? Or perhaps you're not having as much fun as you keep telling yourself so negative opinions bother you?
    Oh so you of all people clownpenisfart are going to be the one that somehow finds the perfect WoW and by shit posting on MMO C forums it will just get made? Devs aren’t here reading your shitposts bud. Especially when they’re by a guy who isn’t posting on his main account due to a previous ban. The overwhelming majority of posts about WoW on forums have always been negative. Ever since 2004. The majority is always mad. Because those happy don’t spend all day on forums. They’re playing the game.

If you really want to be heard you’re better off tweeting them. But we both know that isn’t your goal here. Otherwise you’d be giving constructive criticism instead of just making meme level jokes and attacking other players.

Also you’re being a tad slow in the head here. I don’t play WoW anymore. I think BFA sucks. But unlike you I don’t use my spare time shit talking the game and the people who still have fun with it. So no, the negative opinion doesn’t bother me. You’re barking up the wrong tree. I’ll be playing classic. Because I prefer that. Do I think it’s perfect? No. It’s got shit tons of problems. Do I care? Fuck no. I’m gonna have fun playing with my friends and guildies who I still talk to from 2005. I think that’s better than whining about both versions of the game. But you go head and be Goldilocks bud. And keep mocking those people who enjoy the game for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    NPCs which offer multiple quests may inconsistently display them as a dot or a “!” on the available quests list. They were inconsistent in 1.12, and we’ve reproduced the exact inconsistency they had back then.
    Hahahahaha love how they are just trolling the classic community at this point.
    I know, these blue posts are hilarious.

"But I remember it different, fix it Blizzard!!!"

"Sorry, you wanted classic and this is exactly how it was. Please stop submitting bug reports that are actually features and be happy we even decided to devote resources to this shit."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Oh so you of all people clownpenisfart are going to be the one that somehow finds the perfect WoW and by shit posting on MMO C forums it will just get made? Devs aren’t here reading your shitposts bud. Especially when they’re by a guy who isn’t posting on his main account due to a previous ban. The overwhelming majority of posts about WoW on forums have always been negative. Ever since 2004. The majority is always mad. Because those happy don’t spend all day on forums. They’re playing the game.

If you really want to be heard you’re better off tweeting them. But we both know that isn’t your goal here. Otherwise you’d be giving constructive criticism instead of just making meme level jokes and attacking other players.

Also you’re being a tad slow in the head here. I don’t play WoW anymore. I think BFA sucks. But unlike you I don’t use my spare time shit talking the game and the people who still have fun with it. So no, the negative opinion doesn’t bother me. You’re barking up the wrong tree. I’ll be playing classic. Because I prefer that. Do I think it’s perfect? No. It’s got shit tons of problems. Do I care? Fuck no. I’m gonna have fun playing with my friends and guildies who I still talk to from 2005. I think that’s better than whining about both versions of the game. But you go head and be Goldilocks bud. And keep mocking those people who enjoy the game for what it is.
    This was all pretty well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Oh so you of all people clownpenisfart are going to be the one that somehow finds the perfect WoW and by shit posting on MMO C forums it will just get made? Devs aren’t here reading your shitposts bud. Especially when they’re by a guy who isn’t posting on his main account due to a previous ban.
    What account I post with is utterly irrelevant. If I posted on my main account, you'd learn the following fascinating facts: my main account name is "furniture", is not even banned (I didn't remember the pw and it was faster to just create a new account than wait for the login timeout to expire), and have made a few hundred posts over ten years. There you go, you know all about my sacrosanct ~Main Account~. Knock yourself out.

It's obviously (but like most idiots making up the wow community you are purposefully obtuse) not about any individual voice, it's about using the only available venue to provide feedback for people who aren't currently subscribed (which coincidentally are probably people who aren't satisfied with the game, but yet still care enough about it to be willing to give it another chance).
    When blizzard look at their subscription numbers and look at all those they lost and why they don't seem to be coming back or not to stay for more than one sub cycle despite the release of new xpacks, they ought to ask themselves what all those players want. They won't find it on the official forums since the most dissatisfied players, not having an active subscription, can't post there.

Again this is obviously not about any single voice or poster.

The overwhelming majority of [whatever]
    Let's me stop you right here, you aren't allowed to use the words "overwhelming majority" about wow players unless you have actual data. Trying to pass your opinions as facts under the pretense of speaking for some "overwhelming majority of players" is a waste of everyone's braincells. I don't think you can afford to waste too many.

Also you’re being a tad slow in the head here. I don’t play WoW anymore.
    Sorry, I don't have a copy of your gaming resume on my desk, random forum poster.

So no, the negative opinion doesn’t bother me.
    Then why are you here busting my balls about them?
    Last edited by clownpenisfart; 2019-05-23 at 06:22 PM.

Classic Winds released a neat video 2 days ago about Classic damage values, and guess what, private serves got all wrong and harder.

see i think a huge chunk of the problem is how they are handling the beta.
    for the first time that i can remember blizzard is requiring an active subscription in order to actually beta test classic wow.
    this means that those who have been subbed to modern wow were probably the first up to be selected and it really leaves a foul taste in my mouth because blizzard is just cash grabbing at this point with it.
    they always say you need an active sub to get beta invite, but the truth is you don't. have had 2 beta invites while my account was inactive, Cata and MoP. Got the stress test invite now with my account being active for the first time in over a year, so doubt it was cus I re-activated a week ago. there are other factors that matter a lot more than your sub being active or not

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    they always say you need an active sub to get beta invite, but the truth is you don't. have had 2 beta invites while my account was inactive, Cata and MoP. Got the stress test invite now with my account being active for the first time in over a year, so doubt it was cus I re-activated a week ago. there are other factors that matter a lot more than your sub being active or not
    You miss the point. You need an active sub to participate.