Ench Shaman pvp/pve question

My first horde toon in this game was an Orc Shaman back at release. After watching the cinematic and seeing Thrall, my favorite NPC making a comeback, I want to roll a shaman.

I don't know what the fotm is atm, and I don't care as many classes, if played by a "master" can pull off some amazing things if they know the class well enough. So my question, if an Ench Shammy is literally played by someone who know's the class better than 90% of the players out there, will it be acceptable in pvp or still be behind a little bit? Do Ench Shammy's have the dps to kill targets? or just keep them busy till help arrives?

Also, how are they doing in pve dps atm?

THanks

Short answer:
    Damage is spread too thin through all of your abilities. With flametongue, frostbrand and windfury active, bulk of damage is from white attacks supported by these abilities. So no-no for burst, they wont be panicking. And since these buffs have gcd and short duration. Your time spent on utility or simply "stunned and kited", will gimp you more than it should. Since you need to recast those.

longish answer:
    In an arena stuation for example: Your team made your opponent spend their cooldowns, you just got ouf cc and you wanna go for the kill.
    flametongue
    rockbiter
    frostbrand
    feralspirit
    bloodlust (not if you dont have it as talent)
    Ascendance

Now your just casted flametongue has 7-8 seconds duration remaining. And at this hard earned moment, if u dont get lucky with multiple stormbringer procs PLUS other ways of procs (landslide or hot hands depending on your prefferance) you dont have the damage to kill anyone. And when you do, its not like a warlock throwing 2-3 chaos bolts.

Even when u dont go for the kill, constant spam of low damage abilities doesnt let you use much utility (heal or purge).

You may choose not to use some of these buffing abilities and that will gimp your damage further. Enhancement's damage is totally thrash if u re not on target constantly.
    There literally isnt any cooldown on offensive abilities apart from sundering. So its not desinged like "blow your load and runaway". Also maelstrom systems is another rock in the way to do that. I wont go into that now...

So yea, even when played by a "master" its almost as good as any other class. Roll a demon hunter. You will do same things with much less effort. At the very least, your aoe stun wont have 2 seconds delay..

These reasons should be enough to explain, but if u wanna read more, i made a loooong post about whats wrong with enhancement in eu blizzard forums.

It never gets old, it is called Enhancement Shammy unless you want to say a Shammy that has Enchanting as profession

Long answer : Enhancement shaman is very bad, in every possible way, especially in PvP if you are a solo player.
    Short answer : don't bother.

I've been an enchanting shaman forever, enchants will always be in demand.

Dang, sorry it took me so long to respond. I got called out for work and didn't have Internet.

Sucks to hear ENHANCEMENT! (haha) shammy's aren't doing so well. Need to rethink a class to roll. Maybe I'll go back to tanking. I had given that up for a long time.

Thanks for the input and saving me time. There nothing like beating you head against a wall trying to get better when there really isn't a way forward.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by select21 View Post
    Dang, sorry it took me so long to respond. I got called out for work and didn't have Internet.

Sucks to hear ENHANCEMENT! (haha) shammy's aren't doing so well. Need to rethink a class to roll. Maybe I'll go back to tanking. I had given that up for a long time.

Thanks for the input and saving me time. There nothing like beating you head against a wall trying to get better when there really isn't a way forward.
    Mate please take what these people are saying with a grain of salt. While its true that Enhancement shamans struggle a lot in PvP, they can do Mythic+ just fine. Their damage output is on par with most other melees and they have some utility that is useful.

The "X class sucks in mythic+" crowd all act as if they are people who do +22-25 runs all the time, but most people writing on this forum have never even completed a +20. Try the class and if you happen to find some friends, playing an enh shaman will be perfectly viable. Now if you want to be cutting edge and do 22-25 runs, there are a lot of other melee classes that can do what you do, just much much better.

A lot of people like to put stigmas on some classes every expansions and because X stream or the top 50 mythic+ groups in the world don't use the class, it obviously means, in their heads, that enh shaman would suck so bad blizzard might as well delete it.
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2019-06-04 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Mate please take what these people are saying with a grain of salt. While its true that Enhancement shamans struggle a lot in PvP, they can do Mythic+ just fine. Their damage output is on par with most other melees and they have some utility that is useful.

The "X class sucks in mythic+" crowd all act as if they are people who do +22-25 runs all the time, but most people writing on this forum have never even completed a +20. Try the class and if you happen to find some friends, playing an enh shaman will be perfectly viable. Now if you want to be cutting edge and do 22-25 runs, there are a lot of other melee classes that can do what you do, just much much better.

A lot of people like to put stigmas on some classes every expansions and because X stream or the top 50 mythic+ groups in the world don't use the class, it obviously means, in their heads, that enh shaman would suck so bad blizzard might as well delete it.
    You say this but hes going to have a hard time finding a group for mythic+ as an enhancement shaman. Sometimes perception is more important than reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post

I'm leveling one anyways. I was having too much fun, but I am leveling a Surv hunter on the side as well. Oddly enough, I'm one of those people that have never leveled a hunter and I've been playing on and off since release lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You say this but hes going to have a hard time finding a group for mythic+ as an enhancement shaman. Sometimes perception is more important than reality.
    Having played an MT/OT for progression raid teams, this is so true. This is my first time playing a class I just wanted to play lol. I've always had that 100% competitive/progression mentality and played what I thought would be most effective based on our raid make up. Atm i'm only at about 50% of that so I'm getting better