A new abyss : 177 cases of sexual abuse by a professor in a US university.

Simply said, a professor at Ohio State (I guess) abused 177 students that consulted him as a doctor, from 1979 to 2005.

(I let one word, to see the reaction…)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-over-n1006951
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-05-18 at 06:23 AM.

I gotta say, the ammount of people in positions of power not reporting shit like this FOR DECADES is beyond me. They would be called heroes, FFS. Or do the universities really think that instead of being known as having a tough stance on sex offenders would be worse thing that hiding them for, again, DECADES?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I gotta say, the ammount of people in positions of power not reporting shit like this FOR DECADES is beyond me.
    It's almost like they don't think they'd be believed or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's almost like they don't think they'd be believed or something.
    One would think that after tens of cases and whole school talking about it for years it would seem almost unbelievable that they won't be believed.
    Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher
    Simply said, a professor at Ohio State ... I let one word, to see the reaction…
    This is a new low even for OP. Actual story without the "just to see the reaction" change is "Ohio State team doctor sexually abused 177 students, investigation finds." So, no, this is not a standard university professor preying on students, this is another unfortunate example of team doctors at universities abusing their positions. Not exactly the same thing.

Coaches and athletic administrators at Ohio State University knew for two decades that Dr. Richard Strauss was molesting male athletes but failed to sound the alarm or stop him, a long-awaited independent investigation into the scandal revealed Friday.

“Students openly discussed Strauss’ examination methods or complained about his loitering presence in the shower and locker room, including in front of coaches and other Athletics Department staff,” the 180-page report states.

“Many of the students felt that Strauss’ behavior was an ‘open secret,’ as it appeared to them that their coaches, trainers and other team physicians were fully aware of Strauss’ activities, and yet few seemed inclined to do anything to stop it.”
    Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-over-n1006951
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yes you obviously know much better than all the countless victims, they must all be idiots right?
    To be fair, he is talking about people in positions of power who didn't report it rather than the victims. Other coaches knew, university personnel knew, but they didn't do anything for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    This is a new low even for OP. Actual story without the "just to see the reaction" change is "Ohio State team doctor sexually abused 177 students, investigation finds." So, no, this is not a standard university professor preying on students, this is another unfortunate example of team doctors at universities abusing their positions. Not exactly the same thing.

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-over-n1006951
    I left out the word ''male''.

He committed suicide in 2005.

How can you molest 177, 20 year old males in secret? Inappropriate touching?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

At first, you think everything is going to be fine when you join the wrestling team to spend a large majority of your time aggressively hugging and grinding on other sweaty half-naked men.

But then something gay like this happens to you. Shame on you, Dr. Richard Strauss.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    One would think that after tens of cases and whole school talking about it for years it would seem almost unbelievable that they won't be believed.
    Please.
    People will go to enormous lengths to avoid taking responsibility, especially if they think it will make them or the institution look bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I didn't even notice. It's just as bad in my opinion, why would it matter what the gender of the victims are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply said, a professor at Ohio State (I guess) abused 177 students that consulted him as a doctor, from 1979 to 2005.

(I let one word, to see the reaction…)
    So you openly admit to baiting... duly noted... Now we ask, 'professor' of what? If you are going to slime folks, shouldn't you use accurate information? or is that not necessary?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Castrate him with a rusty butter knife and hang him by his gonads.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to waste oxygen...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    He committed suicide in 2005.
    Damn it.

Those 177 should sue the hell out of that University into obscurity.

10+ Year Old Account
    You left out salient information... like that he's been dead for 14 years... What are you suggesting be done? dig up his body and throw it in prison?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Creating threads just to purposefully upset and troll others is not okay. Either post the information as it appears in the article or make a separate point later. Closing this.

CLOSED.