Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    since there is no official statement by blizzard in any books or ingame..

stealth is what you want it to be, within the game's lore.

you can be a sneaky non-magical thief,

or maybe an outlaw pirate who doesnt really need to sneak.

you can be a master potionmaker who uses a potion and goes invisible.

or maybe that's the way fadeleaf powder works, like magic.

maybe you're a void-wielder who enters the shadows.

it all depends on how you have imagined your character.

but those two rogues... were clearly not the "plain sneak" type.

and that explains very much.
    like how we can be sneaky with giant glowing weapons and shoulderpads. haha
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-05-19 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Realize they were going for Saurfang.. and not Thrall.
    Thrall says he led them to him, but Cept Saurfang said he was tracking them. As in, he followed the assassins to Outland and managed to get to Thrall first to warn him ( subtle hint through asking where his family was) and forcing the assassins to make a move.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-19 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonfitz View Post
    How is no one talking about how these rogues can go invisible? For the past decade I thought rogue stealth was just rogues hiding well in the shadows, and that in-game we were just being sneaky but not actually invisible. This was enforced by mages having an invisibility spell separate from rogues. With this cinamatic confirming rogues really can go invisible, how is this done? What’s the mechanic behind it? Is it a button they press or something on their cloths? A spell? What the????
    i may be wrong but stealth before blizzard removing reagents didn't use the vanishing powder to be activated? I'm nearly 99% vanish skill used it cannot remember stealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this is the point here, you thought, nowhere blizzard said it was impossible for that to happen, not its just something confirmed, and its canon

Magic do that, rogues use shadow/void magic
    Technically, it was never perceived as magic, since rogues are visible in stealth, it depends on how he stands in relation to you/mob (position/distance/lvl = you don't have any magic for this), which de facto cancels magic and makes it just usual physical "ability to hide" (well, not much usual, but I'm sure that we understand each other ). Fact that they gave DH "such" stealth detection in Legion - doesn't hold water, I always saw it as just utter gag. Still, main counter-arguments against stealth aren'tanti-shadow” and affecting literally "only physical side of issues" since... forever?

I have heard these “shadow/void” arguments many times, but each time I want to point out many inconsistencies. Up to the fact that neither Perception nor Stealth (rogues/druids/hunters(pets)) abilities themselves ever had any "magic" school (usual counterargument here like to talk about DK's and others kinds of self-magic buffs and abilities, BUT each of which can be purged/dispelled/spell-steal-ed/resisted (by the way, talking about interesting abilities, hunters' FD could back then, Camouflage is nature school, and recently remembered warriors' ability also originally was) ...unlike stealth. Besides, if we talk specifically about DK's magic abilities, it'll make us remember about Runes and Runic Power, which are what? Magic stuff, isn't it? No, I think initially it was never shadow, but conditionally bordered on specificity with Shadowmeld. And shadows, about which discussion participants like to remember on this topic, are ordinary shadows, and not "void" school at all.

ps. I didn't see devs talk about this much, but considering how they alter their own lore, so listen them now is mostly just don’t respect yourself
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-05-19 at 06:08 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__